You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Yellow Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Yellow Eyes

 

I was seven or eight years old at the time and even though I had my own room, I preferred to sleep in my parents' room. My parents had a queen-sized bed. My mom slept on the right side, and my dad slept on the left. I usually had a mattress on the floor on my mom's side.

My dad was president of an organization, and usually came home from meetings around three in the morning. I always woke up whenever he came home, because the dogs downstairs would whine in excitement at my dad's arrival.

Every time he came home late, I would sit up and watch his silhouette in the darkness. He had a routine before going to bed - He would stand next to his side of the bed, place his wallet and jewelry on the end table, get into his pajamas, and then gently slide into bed- This was something I have watched numerous times as a child. It gave me comfort knowing that he was home safe and sound. His routine usually took about five minutes, and then I would hear the rustling of the bed sheets, signaling that he was all tucked and ready to knock out.

This time it was different.

He came home late from a meeting again, and I watched him do part of his routine, and then I decided to lie back down and just listen. I was waiting for the sound of the rustling sheets but it never came. So, I sat back up to see what my dad was doing, and saw that he was just standing next to his bed. I stared as he just stood there, unmoving. Usually, I could only see his silhouette, but this time I could actually see his eyes. The pair of eyes staring back at me was yellow, yes yellow! I stared into those pair of yellow eyes that glowed weakly in the dark room. It took a while for me to realize that this wasn't normal. Why were daddy's eyes glowing? Movement on my parents' bed brought me out of my daze. It suddenly hit me. My dad was already in bed, snoring! I did a double take and there were indeed two people on the bed; my mom and my dad. I didn't even bother to wonder who the other person was, because at this point I was terrified. I couldn't even scream, and I didn't dare look back at the pair of yellow eyes. I just hid under my blanket, and prayed that whatever it was would go away. I remember not being able to go back to sleep. Instead, I waited for the sun to rise, and fill the room with light that would blind those pair of yellow eyes.

Ever since that happened, I developed a habit of covering myself with a heavy blanket from head to toe, because it made me feel secure. I did this even when it got too hot and I would start sweating like crazy. Eventually, it got better during my teenage years (I am 22 now). I pull the covers up enough to cover the back of my head, leaving my face exposed to breathe.

Other hauntings by iambec

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iambec, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ulvenNixie (13 stories) (39 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-20)
Wow! That is an odd color for eyes. Did this thing ever acknowledge that you were there in some way? What angle were you seeing it from. My mind decided that you were laying on the floor near your father when I was reading the story, but I know you said that you laid on a mattress on your mother's side at the beginning of the story. I really just want to get a better mental image for this.

I am sorry to hear you had such a scary experience as a young child. It is always difficult to see something scary that young.
27flowers (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-20)
Note to YGSers, not sure if others do this but occasionally I type a random word into the search engine on here and see what stories come up-I typed "yellow" for no particular reason (recommend this little method for finding gems) and randomly picked this story, glad I did! Lol! This gave me shivers! Great writing style and I can't imagine how you must have felt as a child to initially think that was your father and then realise it wasn't! Will be sure to read your other stories!
-27Flowers
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
My daughters and I lived in an extremely haunted house in Ohio. My oldest daughter told me that one night when she was in my bedroom watching tv she looked over at the closet (the door was half open) and she saw two pairs of yellow eyes. It scared the hell out of her. I never saw a pair of yellow eyes or an entity with yellow eyes but I know they're demons. There is no other spirit that can mimic a living being. You must have been scared to death! I know I would have been!
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-28)
That must have been scary. 😠 I would have freaked out & shouted at the top of my voice if I see anything like that. 😜
iambec (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
SaltnVinegarChips.It's nice to know that there are other people out there who do the same thing lol.
SaltnVinegarChips (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
I'm 23 I've had some freaky experiences, I still sleep with the blanket over my face so I can't see anything
iambec (9 stories) (30 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
and no I didn't bother telling him, since I knew he would just shrug it off like all the other times I try to tell him when I experience weird stuff
iambec (9 stories) (30 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Sam222 it definitely was, I think it was after this incident that I became afraid of the dark and sleeping alone until now. I say the eyes were yellow because that was how I remember it, but maybe they were white and the moonlight caused them to look oddly yellow... Not sure. 😲
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Wow, holy cow!, iambec, that sounds terrifying, I would be petrified if that happened to me. I'm not sure why it had yellow eyes, I'm not sure what yellow eyes mean.
Did you ever tell your dad about this?
NeraDama (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-07)
I haven't experienced a lot of paranormal things in my life, and none of them was frightening, but I have a lot of phobias, especially a tremendous arachnophobia, so, in a certain way, I know how does it feels to be constantly nervous and uneasy in you own home.😢
I hope things will get well for you ❤
iambec (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-07)
NeraDama. Thankfully, I haven't experienced anything like it since then. Although that doesn't mean I haven't been experience stuff. 😭 I just know when something is there. I either hear, smell, or see stuff move, but never see apparitions (which I hope stays that way).
NeraDama (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-07)
Terrifying! How dreadful experience! Not surprised you still hide under blankets 😨
Did you experienced anything like that since then?
ashar123 (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-07)
Even I was a fearing child when I was 6 or 7 years old. The situations improved in the teenage. Although I never had any paranormal expeirence in the childhood. Like you I too always covered myself up to head. But now I am 16 and now I no more feel afraid even after many paranormal experiences I have gone through in the past two years.

Nice story! 😊 😊 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: