You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Flowers For Granny

Real Ghost Stories

Flowers For Granny

 

My Gran who I thought the world of passed away last week. Although I live down south and my Gran lived in Scotland we were very close. I thought the world of her, she really was such a kind hearted women. It was her birthday a few days before, and I had sent up some flowers as usual.

I went up to Scotland for her funeral and stayed in her flat with my Mum. We slept in her bedroom. My Gran passed away at the hospital. During my first nights sleep I was woken by a very strong floral scent. I sniffed everywhere surrounding me to see if I could find where it came from but couldn't find anything that had the scent on it.

I woke my Mum; she said she could smell it too. I carried on lying in bed and a cold sensation that turned warm travelled up my right arm, over my chest then disappeared. The experience lasted for 5 - 10 minutes. I wasn't scared, I just lay there, relaxed still, feeling comforted.

The smell came back again just as strong and kept me awake again. There was nothing in my Grans bedroom that could have given out the smell. I searched everything! I saw it as my Nan comforting me... And hope that it was.

In the morning I spoke about my experience again with my Mum and my Auntie. My Aunt then produced a bottle of my Grans perfume she had taken to the chapel of rest the day before, and told me she has sprayed it on my Gran. I had never seen the bottle of perfume before. I sprayed the perfume and it was the same as the smell that woke me up and kept on coming back.

My Aunt took great comfort in this. It was almost like my Gran was saying, thank you she was all ready now. I wanted to do a reading at my Grans funeral, and had spent along time putting it all together. I was told I wasn't allowed to do it which really upset me, although I didn't show how much. I found the whole experience very comforting. It was like she wanted to say goodbye, and wanted me to know she was there for me. It helped me loads in my grief. I never really believed in anything like it before.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lou1878, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

celtcharm (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Lou1878, This experience was so heartwarming! Thanks for shareing it with us.I'm going to have my sister read your experience. Our Dad passed away a couple of years ago and we both still miss him alot. Your story made me feel better and I think my sister will enjoy it too. Welcome to YGS! Peace, Celtcharm
Lilypad5596 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
i have also had a simular expereince... But with my dad's dog. I know it sounds wierd but I just know it was her... I will be writing a story about it as soon as the page gets running again... But I think it was very nice for you grandmother to come and visit you... She knew how much she meant to you ❤
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
lou1878. That's a lovely story
I have simular experiences myself I have written 2 storys about me and my gran...
Shes just looking out for you 😁

xxelliemayxx ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: