You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What the Shadow People Want

Real Ghost Stories

What the Shadow People Want

 

Everyone remembers my story about those shadow people at the end of my bed right? Well, I've been working up the nerve to turn off the lights and confront them for awhile now, and last night, I decided that it was time. I spent as much of the night watching TV as I could, trying not to talk myself out of what I was about to do. Around 11:00 pm I finally told myself that it was time and I trudged into my room. My blankets were turned down, though I didn't remember doing that myself earlier (I have a bad habit of not making my bed), but just shrugged it off as my imagination and flopped onto my back, staring at the ceiling. I hadn't even bothered turning on my light when I'd first walked in and the only light was a little sliver of yellow light that peeked from the edges of my blinds from our porch light.

I pulled the blankets to my chin and continued to stare, wide-eyed at the ceiling. I couldn't relax enough to close my eyes and I kept telling myself that they wouldn't come if they didn't think that I was asleep. I finally managed to slow my breathing a little and close my eyes halfway when, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted one of them. It was standing to my right next to my nightstand, where that one who always made the others leave me alone stood. I kind of started to panic, and tried to think of my inner peace. It's sort of this place I go to when I feel threatened or scared. The shadow didn't do anything but stand there and stare at me, I could feel eyes looking straight at my face.

I sighed and turned to my side as if I were just moving around in my sleep so I could get a better look at the shadow. I couldn't see through it, and it was really tall, but that was all I could manage to make out. I continued to stare back at it through a half open eye and asked the question loudly in my head, "Who are you and what do you want?".

At this point, the shadow disappeared and I got seriously angry since it had taken me so long to get the nerve to communicate with them and turn off the light, and the thing just disappears! I sat up and asked out loud, "What are you afraid of? Me? Coward...". which probably weren't the best words to use since it was provoking, and I didn't wasn't to provoke whatever the thing was. I was just so mad.

I should tell you now that I keep my door open about an inch usually so my cat can walk in and out, but I'd closed it this night. Well, the door handle turned and my door was thrown open. I expected my mom or brother to tell me to keep it down, but no one was there. I stared out into the dark dining room, and thought I saw several shadows walked past real quick. I don't know why, but I looked over at my VCR clock and saw that it was now 2 a.m.

Then, the scariest part (mostly because it took me by surprise), my stereo, which sits on a shelf opposite my bed, turned on and the song The Quiet Place by In Flames started blasting as loud as my speakers could go. Now, for those of you who don't know who In Flames is, they are a heavy metal band, and The Quiet Place is one of their heaviest songs. My stereo seemed to have turned on by itself because the remote was sitting on top of it and the CD that had the song on it, wasn't in the stereo, it was in its case when I went to bed that night. I know because I had taken it out of my stereo earlier that day when I'd been exercising.

Because my door was open, everyone in the house heard the music, and my mom stomped into my room just as I'd sprung out of bed, hands over my ears, to turn off the loud guitar and screaming lyrics. I turned it off and my mom chewed me out about the whole "If you can't sleep and need your music, then keep the door closed and keep it low!".

After that whole incident, I sat with my light on, wide awake, until about six this morning before I could manage to fall asleep.

The only thing about last night, or rather, early this morning, that upset me was the fact that the shadow didn't answer my questions.

Other hauntings by unguided_traveler

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

barnowl (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
I agree with sk8terboy, at this point you need to find out what they want. Maybe you could convince your mom to have a priest or scensaitive come by.
Makemap (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
It's probably warning you. The lies you see its the truth you seek.
Kenichi_Taro (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
I thought I knew shadow people, but this is crazy. It appears there's a new type of shadow people that's more violent. Next time they say anything or do anything to you, pretend to be apathetic, and start using the "Vonnegut Sense" (See my comment on "The Shadow People Remain" for more info on this)
new_volume (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
I got chills when I read this story. I had my stereo turn on once as well. One night when I went up stairs to go to bed. I laid down in bed for only acouple seconds then my stereo switchs on and starts blasting my music. I jumped over to it and turned it off as fast as possible, And right afterwards my mother yelled at me to keep it down. Much like your mothers respons. I learned about the history of the house I lived in, and tried something different. The shadows only appear when they feel comfortable, At night, when its dark and they think your asleep. Turn it around on them, make them understand how you feel. Mid day, Go sit in your room with the lights on. Talk to them. Tell them if they want something to reveal themselves then and there, Other wise don't do it anymore. I did that in my room, and wasn't bothered the rest of the time I was there. Instead it moved on and started harrassing my sister.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-31)
Unguided traveler, I think your mom should listen to you more. Have her see the seriousness of this and what it is causing you. Have her sleep with you, as you stated, and pay attention at least a night. You don’t know much, maybe she can do something about it, if she ever sees, hear, or feel something. Ask her who lived in the house prior you your family living there.
Please talk to someone serious. This is not an amusing occurrences.
Take good care of yourself.
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-31)
i told my mom that it wasn't me that turned on the stereo... I could tell that she didn't really believe me, but she always humors me whenever I tell her about these occurances. I haven't turned the light off since and my mom said that if it really started to scare me again, to tell her and SHE would stay in my room with the lights off for the night, just to see if it is all in my head. But I know that it isn't. My cat reacts to these things. He starts to growl whenever the light is off and they materialize. Loud bangs wake us both up in the middle of the night and sometimes it seems as if he is staring at someone in the corner of my room.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
It is strange, some just look in on people, others do pranks, others just scare, while many wants their presence to be known, acknowledge they are there. It's all a nystery.
Maybe this is is! They want you to know they are there, but, why didn't they answer? Be careful! You do not know what they are. Could be either good or bad. Let time past. Don't keep this to yourself. Tell your family or someone who knows about these things, tell them what is going on so they can decide what to do. Please make good decisions and don't fool around with the unknown shadows.
Sk8terboy10000.yahoo.com (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
Hey,
I have read all your stories, and they are interesting. Just a thought, Have you tried to ask them straight face to face? Or if that don't work... Maybe try to ask by wispering while your eye is half open. Maybe that would work?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: