You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Laboratory 2

Real Ghost Stories

Laboratory 2

 

As I approached the locked gate, I noticed that sunrise was just beginning sending the horizon into a riot of blues, pinks and purples all vying for attention. It was so peaceful coming in to work at this time of morning without much traffic and all the hushed tones of color.

I coded in my pass and slid my key card through the slot, the gate slid open slowly. As I turned the corner of the building in the parking lot, I saw the familiar shadows move out of the light shone by the head lights of my car. I saw these shadows almost every morning and could sometimes almost convince myself that the shadows were cast by the car or the building, sometimes almost.

Working in a coroners' lab was definitely interesting. We had a number of cases daily that we were working on; it kept the entire staff occupied. As stated in my previous story, I was generally the first to arrive in the morning. Once in a while the maintenance worker would arrive before I did, but rarely. This is not to say that I was ever alone in the building tough. After walking in on the party as mentioned in my story, I knew there was always someone there with me.

I coded the security locks behind me as I let myself into the lab and headed down the corridor to my office. It was a very short corridor with one or two office doors on either side of the hall. The lobby was directly in front of me and I was always trying to steel my nerves for seeing another party or something of that nature.

As I passed by the doors of the darkened offices on either side of the corridor, I knew there was someone or something looking out at me from each of the office doors. I had peeked at them a time or two, but I am not made of steel and I was frightened.

I quickly made my way through the lobby and unlocked my office door. I could hear whispers here and there but nothing I could make out into tangible words. I would always start the day by stating very loudly, Good Morning. Please do not scare me today, I can't handle it. If you are lost, please go to the peace and light, if you are evil, may God protect me and keep you away from me.

Generally there would be one or two stragglers' as I began to think of them they would not leave my office area. I usually felt as if they either needed assistance with something, were frightened to move on, were evil and wanted to stay and affect others or simply could not accept the fact that they where dead.

I know you read many authors on here who have a gift with the paranormal and helping them cross over or assuring that they will not bother the living if need be. Let me assure you, I am not one of these people. I am not comfortable with any of this and I believe my hair began turning gray because of my fear of these types of occurrences.

Today there was a man, a VERY large man. He was missing an arm, half a leg and half of the top of his skull on his right side. I recognized the injuries as the one described in a report I had billed out a day or so before. This poor soul was moaning and moaning. I was singing and praying. I had the radio on and did everything I could to avoid him being there, directly behind me in plain sight.

Finally, after about 30 minutes of this nonsense, I closed my eyes, and prayed aloud for this man to have a peaceful and safe departure to the light and to God.

There was a terrible screeching sound, almost like ten or so cats screeching at their loudest all at once, a huge thunder clap and a long moan, it then smelled like sulfur in my office for about an hour. The smell was so pungent a few co-workers commented on it as they entered the building for the day.

Somehow, I knew this man was not gone, that he had not (or could not) go to the light. I wanted to see what had happened to him to cause his injuries and subsequent death, however it was inappropriate for me to look at the reports, it would have been an extreme violation.

As time passed, it became clear to me that he remained in that building either trapped there or simply had nowhere else to go or was not willing to go. I did not see him but I could hear him and smell him. His odors and sounds remained distinctive over the others.

I worked at this lab-coroners office for quite some time. He remained there until I left and I am sure he is there still.

I mentioned earlier it would have been inappropriate of me to look at the paper work and log sheets to see what had happened to this man. I did note he was a case sent from out of state as it was a high profile case where he was originally from. He had met his demise in much the same way he had done to several of his victims. I am not sure it this was referring to organized crime or that he was a lone maniac. Whichever the case may be, I am afraid this individual had reaped what he sowed.

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
I just absolutly love all of your stories! You should be a writter, (if you are not one already) your stories are so vivid! I almost makes you feel as if it were you that were there.

Very scary indeed. Are you now working at another morgue?

Luv ❤
staford (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
you might have ghost vision I do it allows you to see feel hear and help/interact with the dead
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Intersting! Usually the smells you described go hand in hand with demons. This must have been an evil man when he was alive. That spirit needs to be sent "home" before he does something. Great story! 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
No wonder Kim that he'd be too apprehensive to move on-his lingering around can also be explained as a result of being noticed by a few or very few like yourself.

I have to wonder if anyone else has seen or sensed what you did. Usually people avoid these type of discussions and like to keep their own "awkward" experiences to themselves for fear of being labeled "weird" or "disturbed".

Something tells me he doesn't stay behind only because he fears what awaits on the other side but also because he has had his "existence" confirmed.

I'm also not sure how "quiet" he will remain. He seems to be an observant for the moment but who knows what a man like him can and will do once he starts feeding off of other people's energies.

Somebody must "persuade" him to take the "next step"!
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
Kim, thank you for sharing another vivid yet baffling experience with us. I don't know how you mustered the courage to go work every day. Working in such an active location did you ever feel as though someone tried to hitch a ride home with you? Thanks.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
very good story, and incredibly well written.
I don't doubt at all what you saw and heard but working in a coroners lab you get to see and hear about some pretty horrific stuff am I right?

Have you thought that I could be stress induced/psychosomatic reaction as a result of your job? Just a thought

Again, great story and thanks for sharing 😊
no_average_angel (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
That was really scary! Great story, if I was the only one there I would be freaking out! 😁
DeathKnight12 (6 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
Oh my God that story so scary being the only one early in that laboratory and I also experience some strange feelings in my body that their is a Ghost and when encountering a ghost always bring a rosary or pray for God's protection
God Bless
DeathKnight
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
oh my god that is really creepy if I was the one who experienced your experience. People will be rushing me to an asylum after, thank god I can't see ghosts just sort of feel them.
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
Great story. I am so glad, I don't see the dead. As I don't think I would handle it so well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: