You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Gray Lady, 25 Years Later

Real Ghost Stories

Gray Lady, 25 Years Later

 

As the flowers started to bloom, I realized I had not had an incident with the gray woman in a few months. I was glad and grateful. If I didn't see or deal with any thing like her ever again, it would be fine by me.

My Mom found a new apartment, larger, brighter and in a bit of a better neighborhood. As my Mom worked several jobs and my sister and I were home for spring break from school, we began to do a lot of the packing.

I was packing my books in my room and that all too familiar chill filled the air. I froze in fear and panic. The laughter then started, filling the whole room. I remained motionless for what seemed like an eternity, but was probably a few minutes listening to the cackle.Again, thi shorrible laugh seemed to fill the entire air, as if coming from a stereo system. I finally turned around just in time to see the bed spread being yanked off my bed. It was tucked in tight as my mother had us make our beds with hospital corners. It was yanked off with force!

I ran from my room and sat on the couch breathing rapidly. My sister came out and asked what was wrong. I tried to fib and tell her nothing. She asked me, "It was her again, wasn't it, that lady thing?"

I told her I did not see anyone (which is not a lie, I did not see anyone). She stood there a moment and then advised me that she would be so happy to move out of that apartment and leave this lady thing behind.

These events took place around 25 years ago, and I remember them so vividly. I would like to say that when we moved, the gray woman stayed behind, but that has not been the case.

Whenever there is a significant event occurring in my life, she shows up. Weddings, funerals, graduations, children being born, you name it, if the event has significance to me; she will appear sometime and somewhere. Always with the piercing laugh, the bold stare, floating backwards and making just enough of a mess to be bothersome.

I have had each of the homes I live in blessed and have also used the sage and lavender. I am a Christian and attend church regularly. We have a Christian home.

She never does anything that is actually harmful, just frightening, frustrating and annoying. She has been around for so long, you would think I would expect to see her, but I don't and I never will.

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
What research and information are you needing regarding a family named Falt in Omaha? I am VERY curious about this but am catious to state why...

Please let me know what your connecttion to the name Falt is.
God Bless!
tlcandray (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Someone wrote earlier that they did some checks on deaths and asked about a woman named Falt. I'm doing some heritage info on a family named Falt in Omaha. Did you ever hear or learn anything about a Falt connection?
angel_from_heaven (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Hi Kim! I really like reading your stories but the gray lady scares me a bit! Did someone else from your family see her or just you? The way you describe her really makes me feel cold! 😊 ❤
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hmmm maybe it was never human. It is so strange how it has been around all these years no matter what you've done. Do you think it could possibly be an inadvertent projection manifested from your own fears? I have seen it happen before.
Regardless, good luck and I hope that thing doesn't rear its ugly face again! ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
My family members and I have been blessed, many times. We have also been baptized.

I don't believe it is an ancestor or past family member. I am not sure why, but I do not believe this thing was ever human.

God Bless!
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Maybe you and your family members are the ones who need to be blessed rather than your dwellings.
Do think maybe it could be a long since deceased relative or ancestor?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Jmak,
No, no... Not upset at all. I mean the process of elimination with peices of jewelry and such that my sister and I wear on special occasions.

I am very grateful fro the suggestion! To be rid of this thikng once and for all would be a tremendous blessing!

God Bless!
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Kim,
I'm sorry I'm a little confused "but, I will not start the process of elimnation and see what comes of it..." If I said anything to upset you I didn't mean to. I just hate the thought of good people being tormented by these things. So if I stepped out of line please please forgive me.
😕 God bless.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Jmak,
What a great thought! I had never thought of that, but, I will not start the process of elimnation and see what comes of it.

God Bless!
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi Kim,
I just got the chance to read all of your stories at one sitting. I may be waaaay off base since your sister still has experiences with the grey lady but could she/it be attached to an item or set of items that you and your sister have or may have divided ie. Charms off a bracelet or a set of statues or books. The reason I ask is that for this entity to have followed you both all this time is amazingly alarming. The reason I brought up jewelry in particular is the fact that you tend to see her/it during special occasions when one would normaly dress up. I hope and pray you don't see her/it again. God bless. 😊
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Great story KimSouthO! You are in my faves once again! Too bad there is not a answer to your delima. I too am wildly curious about this entity. Keep us posted as I know you will and God Bless and keep you in His care! ❤
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi Kim. I enjoy reading your stories but just reading about the lady scares me. You must be a pretty tough person to stand up to her for so long. God bless you and hopefully He will take the lady away.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Frawin,
Perhaps in the beginning, a lot was happening in our lives that one or the both of us created this thing through energy or something, I don't know. But, she has not gone away.

Bette31,
Yes, unfortunately she does come to my home. As I indicated I have had my home blessed, used sage, lavendar, had a Medicine Man visit you name it, but... She is very strong. She no longer appears in the bedrooms, but the basement and the kitchen.

Rhodes68,
I know in my heart and in my mind that my fear feeds her, I try not to let it. I say all the things... Tell her to leave in the name of the Lord, tell her that I take the power back, atc. I pray aloud and to myself. She still comes around during significant events, regardless and I can not help feeling that terror.

ChrisB,
I have been praying and hoping for 25 years... She is still around.

Ohiohwatha,
I KNOW! HOW CREEPY AND STRAGE IS THAT! Never, ever forward, always floating backward, always about 7 to 8 feet off the ground.

I do not think this thing was ever human. I do not know what or who or how, but old hag fits some what, demon fits some what.

Thanks!

God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
..."floating backwards" --CREEEPY! Not sure why, but that aspect of these accounts always gets me.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi Kim. It is so nice to hear from you again. Although I love your stories I get the feeling that you wish they never happened. But to tell you the truth I don't blame you! Every time I read the story abou the gray lady I feel cold. I havve the feeling that she is no angel 😆!Thanks again for sharring this story with us and I hope that the lady leaves you alone. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Welcome back Kim and thank you for another bone chilling account-you do have a unique way of achieving that!

Personally, I get this distinct feeling that the gray woman is not a spirit of a deceased person-she was never born or died in this world. I feel it was your initial reaction to her during your very first encounter that has caused her to keep coming back for so many years as she clearly feeds off your fear. It's as if she gains power and a sense of accomplishment or recognition every time you turn your head towards her or run out of the room in terror. Each time you do this, you only prove to her that she has gained more space into your life and with each extra space she gains, she becomes more 'territorial'. What would have happened had you turned your back to her and go about your business ignoring or questioning her 'authority'?

I feel as if she's not coming back to the adult Kim but as if what she trully claims, is to bring out the terrorized teenage girl she has been tormenting for so long. Maybe that is why she no longer appears. Had she appeared now, she would have risked losing part of her power over you since, being a stronger adult now, you may decide to confront her if you're left without alternative.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
KimSouthO-And all this time I thought scary things happened to me, boy was I wrong! The way you describe her, sends chills down my spine. You say that you see her during certain events, have you ever seen her in your home? Thanks for sharing and I hope I never run across anything like this.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hello Kim. If it were me I believe that I would give up special occasions. The way you say she laughs, reminds me of the Bell Witch of Tennessee.

I'm not saying that you're imagining things but do you think that you and your sister could have created her with your fears and insecurities and somehow she has taken on a life of her own. I'm not saying this is what happened-it's just something to think about.

Take care my friend and God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Bellissima,
Unfortunately, my sister has seen her again as well. Not as often, but she is there. Mostly she hears the cackling laugh. My Mom never did hear her or see her that she told me. My Mom passed on in 1996.

It really doesn't matter if it is a happy event or a sad event, anger or joy: she shows up. My husband has felt the cold spot and heard the cackle but has told me that is was just his imagination. I don't know how that could be since the first time he heard it, I had never told him of the experiences.

I don't know who or what she is, but as the old addage goes, this must be my cross to bear.

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hi Kim. This woman is terrifying! Since she still comes around you at special occasions, does she visit your sister as well? I wonder what type of connection she has with you. Did your Mom ever speculate as to what could be the cause of the gray lady's visits? To see her once would be awful but continued visits would be absolutely nerve shattering! Thanks for sharing some more of your experiences, I enjoyed reading them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: