You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Neighbors 2

Real Ghost Stories

Neighbors 2

 

As I left the house for shopping, the wind picked up and pricked a chill on my cheeks. This is fairly typical for Nebraska in December, so I thought nothing of it.

I walked about ten of the twenty feet to my truck, head down and hands in pockets. The only thing plaguing my mind was what was needed from the grocery store. I was mentally chastising myself for not making a list.

The wind stopped; just stopped. I looked up to see if someone or something had steped in the path to block the wind. Nothing was there, nothing I could see anyway. I looked around and the trees and leaves were still blowing like crazy around the yards and the street, but no wind was touching me, nothing.

I got goose bumps; I felt that all too familiar anxiety creeping up on me causing my heart to race and my breathing to quicken. I knew I wasn't alone.

As I tried to decide whether to proceed the additional ten feet to my truck or turn back around to the house and ask my husband to join me, I heard this laugh. Maybe laugh is not the right word: it was more of a sharp high pitched cackle. It seemed to resonate from everywhere.

I had heard a similar cackle like this before... To many times before. The gray lady cackled like this, but some how this was of a deeper voice.

I looked up to my neighbor's house that is still vacant and in the attic window stood the long dark haired woman. Her mouth was open and moving. The laughing cackle was coming from her! Her eyes where black as night, no whites to her eyes, just black almond shapes and her hair was straight down. Her arms were down at her sides. She appeared to be wearing a red t shirt and blue jeans. There was some sort of green light back lighting her from behind.

I heard the dog bark as I had those couple of mornings, I turned and ran back to my house. As I was opening the door, the wind kicked back up, fiercer than before.

I asked my husband if he would mind going to the store with me so he could help carry the bags.

We left the house about five minutes latter, me exiting first. As I steped out side, I heard the cackle again. After my husband and I started walking to the truck it stopped.

My husbands only comment was to state he wishes someone would hurry up and buy that house already, it was giving him the creeps.

I have asked him on numerous occasions if he has seen or heard anything from the house next door, he changes the subject. As I have mentioned in previous stories, he does not accept anything paranormal, or as he states it, something that is just not logical.

I am not sure what is going to happen with the house and - or its inhabitants, but it is really freaking me out! After all of my experiences with the gray lady, I am beginning to wonder if this is somehow related. Is this woman I am seeing actually the gray lady in a differing form? I don't know what to think, I just know I have been parking across the street because walking anywhere near that house has such a heavy, oppressive dread feeling to it that it makes me physically have a headache and nauseated.

Any and all opinions and suggestions are welcome!

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Do keep us posted on the goings-on in your life! Scary, yes. Interesting, also yes. LOL. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to whome weird stuff happens! Hugs and good vibes!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
I appreciatte all of the advice and well wishes. I have tried to trace this lady, but have not had any luck. I have moved, several times as I am now married almost 25 years (this June) and have grand children. She seems to know where I am.

It is still a terrifying mystery. The only thing that works for me is to try not to think about her. Escapisim, maybe. But...

God Bless!
ghosthuntermk2 (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
well I believe enteties can change form but this grey lady have you tryed tracing any one in your family or someone who was a rival to your family but if your scared maybe you should mov? 😊
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
This story just seems to stick in the back of my mind, like I'm always trying to figure it out. I think it's the danger in it that intrigues me. This woman with the cackling laugh, I want to say is a sorceress. Just the fact that she can stop the wind around you spooks me. It's obvious she knows you can hear her and she likes taunting you because of your abilities. She senses your powers. You said "the dog" barks. Whose dog, your dog, her dog, a dog? ("Her dog" would lead me to believe it was her familiar.) The only greenish glow I've ever experienced is when I was using astral sight (it happens rarely & I can't control it yet). Maybe that is how you are seeing her along with astral hearing? I know you have lots of powers from reading your other stories. If she is a sorceress, beware. They love to steal power.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Although I read this when you initially posted it, Kim, I have refrained from commenting on your posting--largely because it is so far beyond anything I have ever experienced. I wish I could offer a fresh perspective or an original interpretation, but--even after waiting so long--I find myself at a complete loss. To me, the incidents at your truck and the neighbors house are clearly related. Perhaps with another experience you can gather more information. Please, please keep us informed of developments. There are some keen minds and old souls on this site, and working together we will eventually unravel it. Hang in there! 😊
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Hi Kim. I enjoyed reading your story, but I wish it could have been a pleasanter experiance for you. I have to say, though, that I get the impression that you had two seperate things going on. The laughing woman sounds nasty, like she just wanted to scare you. (Id be terrified if I ever heard something like that) However, whoever or whatever blocked the wind for you seemed to be doing something nice. I'm not sure how cold it gets in Nebraska, but up here the winter wind can be quite nasty, so I think anyone who would block it for you would be trying to be nice/helpful.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
Chris, It is wondeful to hear fcrom you again, and as always thanks for reading!

I am wondering myself if these entities (for lack of a better word) where there with Mrs. McKenzie and I was just not mad aware of it.

Regardless of the reasxon for them being there, I have the distinct impression they are there to protect and guard that home,

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Hi Kim and thank you for sharring this amazing story with us. It is allways a thrill to read one of your stories. To be honest with you after all these years I was surprised that the Gray lady returned. After reading other stories about her I realy don't know if there is something more scarier then her. I wish I could help but realy I don't know why she is back. Your husband must have experienced some activity too. He probably has somne good stories of his own. But they just doent want to believe it. I don't blame him 😆.Heck there are times when we all would like to stop believing this! Those times are when the most scariest things happen. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Tonith,
I appreciatte your candor and your comments. Believe me, there are MANY time I question my sanity and I certainloy evaluate what the current circumstances are when something happens.

I don't knowe either why sometimes these things happen and/or why they happen to some people and not others... Wish I did know so I could forward this on or hand it off or whatever you call it.

My husband, I love him dearly, but he is definitely a form and substance man... He must be able to logically have proofc or answers to events or it is out of site, out of mind.

Thanks again for the support!

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
I don't know if I would be more worried about the apparition and cackle or totally freaked out because the wind stopped while the trees were still in motion. It's like you got pulled into another dimension. I have heard of that happening to others and it has to be hella freaky. My husband is like yours too as far as the paranormal goes. It just goes against their logic so it's dismissed. If this happened to me he would think I was having a break with reality. Psychotic. So I can understand this is something you can not discuss with just anyone. Glad you shared it with us. I am not gifted or cursed with second sight and from a lot of these stories I'm glad I'm not. I don't know if I could handle it. To not be believed has to be the hardest part. To question one's own sanity seems to only happen to the sane and to me that's a plus. I do know there are certain physical brain anomalies, certain medications that can produce hallucinations but once that is ruled out then we have to face the fact that this stuff really does happen to stable, balanced people. Why it happens is the real mystery but it's been happening for eons so there has to be something to it that is not just mentally created. Thanks for sharing.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Sadly, in this market I don't think the house will sell soon.
I don't have any advice. What I can say, at least you don't LIVE in that house.

I did enjoy the posts and hope you keep everyone updated
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
That is very interesting Kim, When was the last time you actaully heard the cackling?

I am going to stand by what I say for now, I think the Gray Lady will obnly come to you when there is something imnportant about to happened in your life, and I think this is her way of a warning to you. I may be wrong.

I am wondering whether the green light you see, although weak is actaully trying to fight this entity that you have seen by the window.

Could it be that you are being asked for help?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Luca,
I have read the goose bumps books with my children, I wish this was the case. If you will look at my other stories, this (unfortunately) is not a new scenario for me.

Rhodes,
I am so glad to hear from you! Your advice and understanding means a lot! You are correct, the gray lady generally makes her presence known in my home or yard, which ever is most convienent at the time. Why thiswoman, if there is any coorelation between her and the gray lady is at the neighbors, I am not sure.

Frawin,
Thank you, my friend for the support. I do have support at home as well. My youngest son has had occurances of his own and is there for me as I am for him. My husband trys to be supportive while still trying to ignore the facts at hand... I will take you suggestion. I realize fear is a main factor of energy, it is just so hard to put on a brave front at times when my soul is terrified!

Surya,
Thank you for your comments. I am not sure why the laughing cackle was present, but as I stated it some how sounded a bit different.

In regards to your question about the green light, it was behind her, illuminating the area around her about a half a foot on either side. It was not extremely bright, almost like a candle behind green glass that was struggling to keep its flame burning.

The house has been vacant for around six months now. The neighbors moved out due to an unfortunate foreclosure of the mortgage.

I am not sure what is happening, but I do have a definite feeling that time will tell.

God Bless!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Hi Kim

I would firstly like to say I absolutely love reading your stories.

I have read this story about four times, gone back and read the first part to this story and the stories about the gray lady.

I picked up one thing that really got my attention regarding the Gray Lady, you said she appears when there is a special event, she will make her presence know to you. Then I got thrown when you say you heard the cackle again but it was from the woman who stood in the attic of the neighboring house. Could this Gray Lady be warning of you of something to come perhaps? It was after the cackle you looked up and saw the woman in the attic. What was the dogs bark like? Was it attention seeking or just a normal bark?

The green light you say emanating from behind her is very interesting from a healers point of view. I am wondering if there is another behind the woman. Can you tell me a bit more about how the green lighting looked.

I don't know if you already have done this, but put some protection around yourself a circle of protection, see how you go with that, make sure it is strong and forbids all negative energies, forces to come anywhere the circle, it has helped me may be it will work for you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
I had to go back to the previous story...hmmmmm, I had forgotten about the multiple energies' visitations the house drew in. No wonder this one uses the "piling energy field" of that house to manifest...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Your husband sounds VERY MUCH like my husband-they would have made great friends I'm sure. Not answering your question Kim would only confirm they DO see but refuse to believe their eyes.

I was kind of wondering the same thing while reading this particular encounter you had. Could it be that the Grey Lady took on a different form not only to "toy" with you and have you believe you've got "troops" of negative energies gathering up? Or maybe she switched forms because you grew so accustomed to having her appear that her presence was almost anticipated on certain occasions?

Then again, how can we be certain that this is the case? Why couldn't it also be that your encounters with the Grey Woman have "opened" the path to others of similar intent?

Whatever the case it is spooky! She must have been "standing" there in front of you, blocking the wind; that alone drew your attention and "triggered" your senses to then see the form at the window. One thing that puzzles me about this one though... Why would she come so close to you only to then manifest so far away in the house across. It sounds like a "bully" to me, not a real threat!

Then another guestion arises, why at your neighbor's house? If I remember correctly the first experience after your neighbor's demise wasn't a negative one so is this entity trying to overshadow anything pleasant and positive?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Hi Kim. That really is scary. I think having a haunted house next door to you is just about as bad as it being in your own house. I wouldn't even be able to sleep at night. I would be thinking about whatever it is next door creeping over to my house just to get some kicks out of scaring me. Do you know why the previous owners moved out? How long has it been vacant?

SHELBY ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Hello Kim. I wish I had the answers for you but unfortunately I don't. It certainly seems like the two "ladies" are the same entity. It seems like maybe your husband has experienced something that he can't come to terms with too. Do you have anyone close to you that believes you-someone to act as moral support? Having someone close at hand that truly believes you can go a long way in dealing with this "stuff"- I don't know what I would do if I didn't have mrsfrawin backing me up.
Here is something that you can try- next time you see her smile real big at her and wave let her know that you're not afraid of her. Apparently she feeds off of fear, so starve the hussy to death.
Take care and God bless you my friend.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤ 😊
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
Reminds me of many horror movies and books, it's like the typical scenario. A Goosebumps book comes to mind, I loved them when I was a kid.

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from physical ailments whenever you approach the house. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: