You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Music Birthday Card - Happy Birthday

Real Ghost Stories

Music Birthday Card - Happy Birthday

 

When I was five years old (I'm 13 now) my parents bought a single storey house near New Haven, Connecticut. It was a pretty small house, and the weird part was that my parents bought a lot of furniture but the small house still seemed empty. Other then that, to me it seemed normal. In fact, for the first three months of living there I didn't even experience anything weird. I didn't see any little ghost girls, I didn't hear any voices calling my name and I didn't see objects fly across the room all by themselves. This was a normal house, or at least that's what I thought!

Four months after moving in my parents got me a two year old golden retriever (she passed away last year) called Bessy. Bessy avoided certain spots in the house like: the hallway near my parents' bedroom, the corner next to the couch in the living room, the whole den and lots of other places! You couldn't get her in there even if you died trying. Bessy would just not go in there: period.

One day my parents went to Kmart, which was only ten minutes away, leaving Bessy and me alone in the house for the very first time. I was seven at the time and I wasn't really scared because I've been home alone lots of times, just not in this house!

It was Saturday morning so I turned on the television and watched cartoons when all of a sudden the television turned off by itself! The remote was lying on the other end of the couch. The television was new; my mom got it two months ago so it couldn't have been broken already! The sun was out but it was really windy so I figured it was probably the wind, but when I switched on the lights they were just fine. I wasn't really scared, just surprised (mostly because when I was seven I didn't really know what ghosts were). I wasn't in a hurry to turn the television back on and I decided I was going to play some computer games in my dad's office.

And that's when I heard it. The music. I'm sure all of you have heard those birthday cards that play "Happy Birthday" when you open them. That was the kind of quiet, soft music that was playing. I checked to see if the television was on but it wasn't so I checked if the music was coming from my dad's computer. It wasn't. I checked the entire house but the music was everywhere, surrounding me. I just stood in the middle of the room, staring into space, too scared to move! Thankfully, I heard the sound of squeaking brakes outside, which meant my parent's were home.

I looked out the window to see my dad's purple mini van in the driveway. And then the music stopped, just as if someone had pressed the stop button!

After I helped my mom unpack all the groceries and other stuff, I told her what happened while she was gone. She just gave me a look, which meant: "Stop imagining stuff Nicolle, and please get serious for once!" and then she said that my imagination is way bigger then me. Which was true, I always had a huge imagination: I was the girl who believed there was a monster in her closet and under her bed, that her toys had conversations when she wasn't looking and lots of other stuff! But I wasn't imagining anything! I know what I heard! But what was it? And where was it coming from...?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, no_average_angel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

darkangelz (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-30)
That's pretty creepy, and I believe you. When we moved into our new house I heard music like that for the first 3 months and I was the only one that heard it... Do you know anything about the history of the house, and did you ever experience something like this again? ❤
Preeti (100 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
Sometimes These spirits and all try to take our attention...thats it...dont panic...dont afraid...god's with you...call a priest at your home

God bless you ❤
MrZach (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Woa, that thing about your dog is really interesting. It seems like that's proof enough that there is SOMETHING in that house. I'vve found that animals can sense these things much better than we can. If your dog is avoiding certain areas well you might consider that it's not totally friendly. I guess I'm saying, don't do anything to piss it of! 😊 Good luck!
blackrose149 (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
That's a very creepy story! Have you heard the music again? And do you know anything about the history of the house? My friend had an experience just like this when she moved into her new house, she also said that the music was soft, kind of like the birthday cards!
Christ_our_Lord (13 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Woah that's pretty frightening. Well, have there been any more weird, suspicious things happening? Have you heard any more? I believe it's true that you heard it, but maybe it could've been coming from outside (if you live in an area with near-by neighbors).

God bless
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Have you heard the music again? Has anything else happened in that house?
claudehill (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
I believe you! I twice heard some beautiful angelic music. I looked everywhere to see where it was coming from. I coudn't find the source. My friend said it came from the Angelic Realm. That makes more sense then anything else. Take Care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: