You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Whisper That Follows

Real Ghost Stories

Whisper That Follows

 

I am currently caretaking a house in Northern Michigan. Being there for over two years now, I have found nothing out of the ordinary until 6 months ago.

It just starts with the simple flickers of lights, and my cats staring at empty corners in the ceiling (it is interesting to see all three of their heads look all at once, and focus); the cats never seemed frightened, so I always told myself it was just a bug or dust. The house is roughly thirty years old and has not had much work done to it since it was built, so the electrical issue was based on the age of the house.

Then last winter was when things began to get strange. I was woken to what I thought was a radio going off in one of the rooms; static and talking. Looking at the clock it was roughly 3:00 in the morning and being that I had to be up in only a couple of hours I was just a tad upset? I searched everywhere, from the basement to my daughter's room, and found none of them on. Eventually it sounded as if the sounds faded away, making me think the battery may have died.

I didn't think about this for a week after the incident, that is until the same thing happened, at the same time in the middle of the night...3:00 A.M. This time I heard voices, a man and women, whispering through static. Still determined it was a radio alarm going off, I went into that attic in the middle of the night (such as those young females do in cheesy horror flicks, mentally driven to enter what was their future resting place?) and found absolutely nothing. Again, over a short period of fifteen minutes or so, the sounded faded away.

I only began to get scared when my daughter began having night terrors; or at least I thought that is what it was. The first time was when my boyfriend was over one night. Her whales were so brutal it was as if she broke her leg or badly cut herself. My motherly extinct kicked in; my heart was racing as I jumped out of my bed and ran as fast as I could to her. She is only four years old, and each time this happened, she kept telling me her room and "the shadows" gives her bad dreams. My boyfriend said it might just be an excuse for her to crawl in bed with me (I was breaking her of that habit). And again, I let it go. Eventually her screams at night stopped. At least for a little while.

I only began to believe when my boyfriend was alone in that house one night. He said he fell asleep on the couch, only waking up to the sound of man saying, "where's Aimee?" At first he thought it was his imagination because my name is Aimee. Then he heard the basement door slam shut, footsteps quickly scurrying down the basement stairs and then silence. Now... That is creepy.

He ran outside to catch what he thought might be me pranking him, or another person such as his friend playing games... But I live in middle of nowhere and there were no cars in site or even a car's headlights nearby. Nothing can keep him from wondering if what I was telling him was true.

I began hearing women and men afterwards...talking. It could be either day or night, and I never could understand what they said. I heard laughing, crying, different languages... It was causing me to lack sleep. However, I was under a lot of stress at the time and even set up an appointment with my doctor because I thought maybe the stress was causing me to hear and see things.

I also began to have strange dreams. I once had a dream my mother called me. When I picked up the phone I glanced at the clock, noticing it was seven in the morning. She told me my uncle has died. Then, when I woke from that dream, the phone was ringing. As I picked it up I looked at the clock and was 7:00 in the morning. However, it was my daughter's day care provider telling me her mother died. Other incidents follow in a span of two weeks, and deja vu still hits me on almost a daily basis. Sometimes, I even react to something before they tell me to do it.

Then after my first incident with strange dreams, I saw the apparition of a man in my front window. I remember bright red too, and I felt as if I was supposed to keep that in mind. In those brief seconds he spoke, but I had no idea what he said... I was too frightened to even try to comprehend what he said. However, after all this, I am still in that house.

Again, there is silence in my home. However, I am having a terrible time keeping my daughter in her room; lately she is either with me or in the room next door to me, with her lights on. She still keeps bringing up bad dreams. My boyfriend is ancy at my house too. I don't fear this ghost/these ghosts (or whatever it is), but I feel as if he or they are trying to warn me and/or tell me something. So with keeping my eyes and ears wide open, I am going to find out.

I will keep you updated.

Other hauntings by asande1979

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, asande1979, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Not necessarily "evil entities". She IS four. Anyone that she does not know, who wakes her out of a sleep is more than probably going to scare her.
The Smudging, in the article section, is for ALL beings. Not only negative. I suggested the bowl of dirt to test whether the issue is one of negative beings or just unknown beings. You can not really determine what it is that you are "up against" if you do not eliminate the possibilities. Do not WAIT to see if anything negative happens in your home.
You already HAD negative feelings (fear, sadness, terror... Negative emotions).
I do not think ANYthing that has happened, that you wrote about here, is harmfully negative, but SOME (live people too) give off a negative feel. BUT you need to narrow it down to see what it is that you are dealing with.
If nothing else, it would ease your mind.
Thank you.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
It sounds like in addition to the spirits your daughter is seeing shadow people. Http://www.shadowpeople.org/

Try this website on shadow people. It may help you. Let us know. Good luck and please, please, please talk to your daughter about this so that she knows you believe her. Hug her hard and tell her how much you love her. I'm sure she knows but you can never tell them enough. Good luck hun! 😊
asande1979 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
In response to Kecoughtan: The man was elderly, wore a dark brown or black hat, similar to a cowboy style but not? Plaid shirt and I don't know the color of the pants. He even had glasses. Funny thing is I have great details of the figure even though I only saw him for the amount of maybe 5 seconds?

In response to whitebuffalo: I will try those ideas if I feel some negativity. Honestly, I think they are all positive; however, the shadows my daughter saw in her room are the only thing that frightens me... They have not been seen in a long time (my theory is the good guys go rid of them, at least I hope).

I just watched a show where some portals exist on earth, for ghosts to enter and exit? I wonder if my house may be by one? I am too shy to ask my neighbors if they have seen anything unsual, but I am always at a point where I want to.

And for the last three nights my daughter has slept in her bed, through the WHOLE night. I have found out she has Night Terrors, which where she sits up screaming and crying a few hours after she falls asleep; she is also unresponsive to anything I say, not aware that I am there, and it lasts for about 15 minutes. That could one of the two problems. The other problem may be the evil ententies talking to her, which I have not felt or she has mentioned in a long time. I read children are more vulnerable than adults.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Asande1979, can you recall any details about the man you saw? Were you able to observe any details about his clothing or an impression of his demeanor? You wrote that he was in your front window. Was he standing outside looking into the house? Thanks.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Very good story! Let us know if you take up whitebuffalo's advice and how it works. At any rate, do keep us up to date as to what is happening and I hope all ends well. Thanks for sharing this experience with us!
sejadasgirl (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Thers a lot of people whom don't believe in the paranormal mostly because I think their just to scared so they convince their selves its not real. I have had many encounters and wen I have gone to talk about it they look at me like I'm crazy.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
I tell you what to do, Sweetie.
Go up to the articles section of this site (top of the page, all the way to the left) and look up the Native American Smudging technique and use it.
Seriously <nodding>.
OR you can get a bowl and put a handful of soil from outside your home, a pinch of pure salts and a few drops of PURE water in and mix it up. There is no consistency, (As I have told others) you are NOT making a cake. Place it high up on a shelf, and try to forget about it 😉.
As you have more than one level in that home, I would use a few bowls and use one on each floor. The purpose of THAT is to get rid of negative beings. It will not interfere with positive beings.
Now, that could be good or bad. Depending on what your outlook is.
Next, grab that baby of yours and see what you can learn (give her a hug for me, too!). TRY not to "tell her" what you have seen, or heard, but see if she is willing to explain the things that she sees. You being her Mother will be able to tell what she is fabricating to keep your attention, and what is coming straight from her memory. IF she should "hit on" something VERY similar to what you have seen, try not to over react. Let her know that you support her, even if you do not know what you are dealing with.
The ghost, at this point, is not important. What IS is your child's comfort. Deal with her issues, take her hand, and ask her to help YOU deal with yours.
No shame in that.
I ask MY five year old for help all the time. It just shows THEM that we are not perfect, and WILLING to ask for help when needed. My personal favorite "home phrase" is "I am NOT a Super-Mom".
While this male entity was seen to be the color of RED, I would not jump to any conclusions as to his reasons for being there. You may simply have a being that really wanted you to notice him. OR perhaps he was noting that you "read" his existence. Ghosts live with a different glossary. AND... All is seldom as it seems.
Thank you.
asande1979 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
First off I was a skeptic before all this happened, so of course I was going to believe my daughter is having bad dreams. But then when everything else began to happen, and hear another adult say he witnessed something frightening, did I only begin to believe. I would be mad if my mother did not believe me either; however, you have to be in my position and had the beliefs I did to react the way I did. I believe everything she says, and I have not moved into the room right next door to her because of this.
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
wow I feel bad for your daughter because the hard thing a kid has to do is tell their parents of the ghosts then it suks because they don't believe

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: