You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Christmas Orb Of Light

Real Ghost Stories

The Christmas Orb Of Light

 

Christmas Eve 1987... I was 7 years old and was looking outside my suburban 5th storey apartment window for Santa Claus in the night sky. I was so excited about Christmas that I couldn't sleep. I was panning the night sky looking at the stars when I saw a very bright one that stood out. It was so bright... Obviously brighter than all of the other stars and I stared at it. When suddenly it appeared to grow brighter and was moving. It got bigger, closer and brighter until I realized it was only about 3 feet in diameter and was about 45 feet from my window.

I got really scared only because I was young (I don't believe it was malicious in any way) and I ran under my covers into my bed. I peeked out and it was still outside the window but like right next to it almost like it was looking in, just hovering there... So bright it illuminated my entire room. I popped my head under the covers and checked again after a few moments. It was gone.

I ran out tried to tell my mom, but she yelled at me to get back to my room, because I busted her wrapping Christmas gifts. Honestly it happened so long ago and I was so young... That as the years passed I have often times questioned if it really happened or was a figment of a child's imagination... But it definitely imprinted on me at a young age that there are things out there that defy our logic of acceptable reasoning and understanding

Other hauntings by StrangeAtNight

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StrangeAtNight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GaryColin (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
October (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Wow, that sounds really wierd. I'm not sure what that was. Maybe your imagination as a kid excited for Christmas. Or maybe, a UFO. Lol, just kidding I don't believe in UFO's.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: