You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Tried To Be Sneaky

Real Ghost Stories

I Tried To Be Sneaky

 

I recently quit smoking as an anniversary present to myself. My thought process is that I will be able to dance like a teenager at my 50th anniversary (fat chance!).

A few nights ago one of my teenagers and I had a bit of a riff over her wanting to get on the computer at 11:30. Her homework was not done, but Race and I were heading off to bed, and the rules are that no one is to be on the computer without our supervision in the event that there would be a reason to consult us.

Not giving in, but frustrated beyond belief, I went into the bedroom to sneak a smoke. I shut the door, lit incense, pulled out my stash and located a lighter. Just as I picked up the lighter, there came three timid knocks on the door. Thinking it was the daughter that I had had the altercation with, I sang out "just ONE minnnnnute!" as if I were wrapping a present and not trying to be sneaky.

I hurriedly opened the door to an empty hall (not really a hall, it is just the wall and door that the coat closet is in). I walked out into the living room thinking she had just given up and walked away. I found her bent way underneath the desk trying to locate the USB port, and steadfastly ignoring me. Race was at his desk and only looked up at me. I asked Race if he had heard the knocks and he said that is why he asked me what that was. I had a THOUGHT of what it was, but...

I guess not only my living family would like this Quit to work this time around.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, whitebuffalo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-21)
whitebuffalo - you know this is going to be rather lengthy, don't you? Before I answer your questions, I need to say something. I think you might be the reason I felt compelled to finally start posting, and why I started with this story of Dalton's instead of my first one. I've been reading other's stories for about a year and could relate to a lot of them, but never felt led to post anything. I thought about it often, but never really felt driven to submit anything until Dalton's story. When I read a "first" story from someone and they say "I started experiencing things when I was 3 or 4 but this happened when I was 32" (paraphrasing, of course), I always wonder why, and wish, they'd start at the beginning and go from there; that way I can go through their experiences as they did. Now I think I know why. Perhaps that story is the one they were meant to start with. Maybe someone else needed to read that story, at that time, whether they needed the story for themselves or they were meant to help someone else by their comments. Finding someone who completely understands is very hard to do. People can empathize, but can't fully understand unless they are in the same situation.
OK - the "voices in our heads." From the way my son was sitting and cocking his head, I believe he heard it enter through his right ear. I can vividly see him; just like it happened yesterday. He's sitting facing me and leaning his head to the left, which would indicate he was listening intently through his right ear. (I know you understand what I mean.) I've given this a lot of thought, just to make sure I don't say something that isn't true, and I realize that when I heard the voice (by the way, the voice I heard was the same voice; just 3 separate incidents - trust me, that was more than enough!) and I heard his voice come through my right ear. I'm not sure what that means, though. It's not anything I've ever questioned. Do you have any insight into it?
It's funny, up until about a year ago I always referred to my son as "Little Man." I realize a lot of parents do, but I thought it funny that you do too. Not only did I refer to him that way, but I would call him that when talking to him. I don't do it as much now because he's gotten older and has become "The Little Boy" (weird, I know), but his nicknames adapt to his personality and he has become a typical 8-year-old little boy. Well, maybe not typical compared to others, but you know what I mean.
My reaction when Dalton told me about the voices was because he was (and is) so trusting. My daughter recently told me I shelter him too much, that he doesn't know there is bad stuff out there. Yes, I do shelter him. I don't want him to know there is real life bad stuff. Not yet. He'll be faced with it soon enough. No matter how much we try to prepare our children, the real world always butts in. I don't want people to misunderstand me. No, I don't want my son to grow up, step out into the world on his own, and be so na
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Thats awesome. I haven't read any responses yet but I shall, sorry if I repeat ones comment. I think you're right, perhaps a friendly wanted your attn. Not only to drop that smoke, but to show that someone was being disobedient! I think it's great! Also, WhiteB, I have posted my first story which was hard for me, but honestly I had the hopes of you, in particular, reading it & sharing your thoughts. Because I just have a respect for you that hit me the first story I has read of yours. You seem like such a sweet wise person. LOL! You really don't have to I would just love to hear what you think, your comments always seem so thoughtful & I think you really put your self in the situation giving sound respectable advise. Again don't do it if you don't want to I promise to not be hurt! 😊 Thanx for sharing & bless you much!
My story is called "constant"
~~LSD~~
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
It really does not, does it Danny? Things are hardly ever completely what they appear to be.
Wa-do.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Whitebuffalo
Thanks for the reality check. LOL.
Nothing seems to turn out what it really is.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
You are welcome, DPez.
I think we ALL have help when we are in need of it. Sometimes we have to ask for it, and sometimes it finds us on it's own. I just got lucky, I guess.
Wa-do
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Thank you for satisfying my curiosity 😁
I think you are quite the lucky one to have a spirit supporting you while you kick the habit.

Good luck to you!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
Hello, DPez.
Do you know you are the first to ask me that?
Yes. It HAS happened again. But no, never BEFORE this.
Several times, and mainly as I picked up the lighter, or matchbook. I tested it out a few times and actually held a square for about ten minutes with nothing happening. I would pick up the lighter and wait. Nothing. As soon as my thumb went to flick, or my fingers to strike, I would hear (as would those close by, they did NOT have to be living in the home) those same three timid knocks.
On a bit of a side note, I do not have to be at home, nor do I have to be trying to HIDE the fact that my addiction is grabbing at me. It is almost as if it waits for me to stop myself, and when it looks like I will not, it intervenes.
The most startling account happened just last night. I was in longhouse and it was time to pass the pipe. I honestly thought "Oh, Thank GOD! This was a ROUGH meeting. Surely the Great Spirit will allow..." I never got to finish the thought as the pipe was to my right. I reached with my left hand, and was TAPPED on the shoulder thrice.
The pipe holder took one look at my face, silently shook her head, and smoked for me. I KNOW I looked shamefaced and "caught" as ALL the women KNEW what happened.
Thank you.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
Good job with taking the step to quit!
I can't help but wonder if you've had experiences similar to this before and/or after?

I'm just curious because my boyfriend is in the process of quitting right now, and everytime he wants a smoke he claims to hear my voice telling him no. I know it's his conscience just taking form.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
While that IS a possibility, fatthead, it would not account for the fact that my husband, who was on his computer and at the joining wall, asked me what it was. She would have walked, and then run, right beside him. He would have seen that.
And her temper would not allowed for her to look as innocent as she did, HAD it been her.
Thank you.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
I think your kid was messin with you he or she knocked on the door then flew under the desk. 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Hello, aussiedaz.
Thank you so much for your comment, and the well wishes for MY recovery (that is what I have come to call it).
I also find it interesting that there seems to be a "common" three knock factor when it comes to these kinds of... Greetings (?). I have tried to look it up, as I am wondering on the significance of the number three. I do not know that there IS one, but it does not hurt to look.
Hmmm. YOUR dad knocks three times as well...
I think that just made it imperative to keep up the research!
Thank you.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Hello whitebuffalo, Both my mum and dad died from lung cancer, Both of them smoked over 50 years. Funny you mentioned three knocks that's what I heard when my dad use to visit me from time to time, Wish you all the best on kicking the habit I know how tough it is.
Take care
Aussiedaz.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
Hello Ariel,
I am sorry that it took me so long to answer you, somehow I just missed this comment. Please accept my heartfelt apologies.
I do not have all the answers as it pertains to Sex Spirits, and my understanding is quite limited. All that I have learned, I learned from Succubiluv, Succubussed and the forum that the latter has set up just recently. I am sure he would not mind my adding it to this post.
Http://incubisuccubae.yuku.com/
It is my understanding that most of the information out there about these types of Beings is a bunch of crud. I discovered that what I THOUGHT I knew, was wrong. I has preconceived ideas and all they did was prevent me from learning.
Please DO check out that site. There are many well informed individuals there (just a caution. It IS an adult site, so therefore some of the wording is a mite more vivid than what is allowed here) who are willing to spell things out and break them down for ease in understanding. Quite a God send, I might add.
As for your questions.
#1: To the extent of my knowledge of these Beings, I do not personally believe they can impregnate anyone by their acts. I have no proof, and have never asked the question myself, but I do know that at that link I posted here, ONE of the topics is about pregnancy and Sex Spirits. I did not read it, so can not offer any more than the suggestion to check it out.
#2: I personally have never heard a documented or shared story of a Sex Spirit attacking or abusing an animal of any kind. Again, I have no proof and could be off on this, but I find it hard to believe with as many willing participants of the humanoid variety they would be drawn to animals.
Honestly I have more questions than answers, but I am confident that should you check out the link that I posted here, you will get answers.
A word of caution to all who may go over there: There is no proof, but there MAY be a connection between seeking information and seeking a Being. No proof, I am only human and could be misdirected, but if you go over there and check out the forums you may see what I am talking about.
Thank you.
Ariel (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Hello 😁
I have recently read succubiluv's only story. I'm afraid I do not understand them fully. Can you get pregnant if one attacks you or you summon it? And is it true they do sexually asualt animals?
Thank you for your time,
-Ariel- 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Wow, vmorenitas22.
I bet your Uncle just thought it was the alcohol, at first, too. Did he?
Thank you for sharing that, it really makes me feel a part of a whole. Know what I mean?
Thank you.
vmorenitas22 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Very interesting story. I have an uncle who tends to go on drinking binges for about two weeks or more straight every couple months. When he is on his drinking bing he has heard knocks on his bedroom door and has heard and elderly man's voice tell him to stop. He believes this is his father (my granpa). My granpa hated him drinking. One time my brother, who was completely sober, was in the room with my uncle when my uncle had started drinking again and they both her 3 loud, hard, knocks on the door. My brother said he opened the door to see who it was and nobody was there. He freaked out lol!
Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
The ghost doesn't want you to smoke!:3 hahahaha at least that's nice...
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
whitebuffalo,
Could you please contact me via my email address? I have someone asking for help and I need some back up. Thank you so much.
Blessed be.
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Oh, I just now understood that last part about Race hearing them too... It was puzzling me. So this is definitely not your mind (unless it's like a poltergeist created from your mind and strong will). Hahah! That makes it even cooler!
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Oh, I'm a little late posting... Heheh... Sorry, community, for my long absences... Wow, what a helpful thing. Hahah. Something, whether it be a spirit or just your mind (Not saying it is, but you never know) is holding you accountable! Hah!
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Wow atleast you have supportes living and non-living. I've been trying to quit for a long time but I just don't see why I should.
Take care 😊
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
haha 400% that is crazy.

Cook County in Il (the county I live in) has one of the highest sales taxs. They keep raising it... And raising it.

Isn't it funny how people start smoking? I started because my friend Sean didn't want to smoke alone. I would spilt a cigarette with our friend Diane. Neither one of us could finish it. Coughing... All flustered. Now I don't think anything of it.

Also, I believe you have my email (if you don't Kecoughtan does, you can get in touch with him). I'll be around now and then
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
TELL me about it, Hobbyholly.
Too bad when I first saw that really cute cool guy on the bridge by the school smoking, I did not know that cig prices would go up over 400% (Does THAT tell you how long I have been smoking?)! And also, too bad I was such a push over for long hair on a guy.
Stupid (smacking palm of hand on the forehead in between chanting the words), stupid, stupid.
I would hate to see you leave this site. You bring in that fresh air of searching out the REAL answers in any situation. We need others here that are not afraid to pull out the ace card on the first hand. I find myself skirting around my REAL thoughts at times, just to keep the peace, but really, your contributions would be missed.
Thank you.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I'm late on posting and I apologize.

Good luck on the quitting. If the health side effects or the HIGH taxes on smoking aren't enough reason... Maybe a spirit is?

Seriously though, good luck. I'm trying myself... But Its a battle
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
I was very lucky, BYLUYSTER.
My Father quit smoking back when I was so young I can not bring to mind ONE TIME that I saw him actually in the act OF smoking.
My Mother never smoked, but in that she was subjected to the second hand smoke for so long, she (at times) goes through cravings as if she HAD.
I started up back when the dinosaurs were roaming the earth, the land bridge was still present, and our supervisors yelled out "Smoke 'em if you got 'em!" instead of "Coffee break!" (That would have been a MUCH better habit to have picked up)
BUT, no excuses. All excuses DO, is make it easier to lie to yourself. Thank you for your empathy and support.

I would agree with you on the knocking. At this point, it is not important WHO did the reminding. What IS important is that I heard it, and listened.
Thank you.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
whitebuffalo, just read your story and it touched a cord. Both my parents were smokers and each suffered terminal health concerns associated with it. Please don't fall victim to this addiction. There is help out there. Seek it out before you fall prey to things you can't even imagine.

As for the knocking, someone in the spirit world is warning you to take this latest habit breaking effort seriously. Someone loves you VERY MUCH. Please try to listen if you can. It will please them and bring more time for you with your family.

God Bless,
Byluyster
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Absolutely right, logan.
I am SO hoping this is a message from one of Our Way.
See, the "problem" is, in OUR WAY of life, smoking is a big part. We smoke tobacco and other plants (though OUR family sticks to the tobacco as I have a highly addictive personality) for both pleasure AND praying. The smoke is said to be The Great Spirit's breath taking the prayers up to the One's Above. It is said that if you HOLD the pipe, you can speak ONLY the truth. To many native Americans, pipe and tobacco are STILL very sacred and smoking is a holy ritual.
"Hard punishment" (for deeds done AGAINST the tribe or clan) is preventing the member to SHARE the pipe. THAT person has to smoke on their own, and with a "poor pipe". It is in total dishonor.

Rationalisation. That is what EVERYONE does, at SOME point when ending a habit. And THIS was my "rational" thought.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
You got THAT right, Tammy.
VERY persistent!
Honestly, as I crawled into bed (smoke free, I might add, as I was puzzling through this experience) the most prominent thought that was going through my mind was the pact that my Father-in-Law and I made a few months before he passed of lung cancer.
He told ME, that if I were to quit (for real this time, I had quit numerous times before this) HE would quit too.
It ALWAYS "tore me up" when I would hear people say "Well, he SAID he would quit smoking..." KNOWING that I was still lighting up.
He kept HIS end of the bargain, but I did not.
SOME people will read that and decide that was a rude comment, BUT that is NOT how it was intended. In MY WAY of life, a person does not just STOP. They are STILL here, and able to witness our accomplishments and our failures. We strive DAILY to bring them honor.
MAYBE (as I do not KNOW who or what this was) this was HIS way of saying "Lookie here, little lady. WHAT did we promise each other?" He meant, and MEANS so much to our family. If it were not FOR him, much of the family would not exist.
Thank you. Going for month FOUR!
Autumn
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Hmmm. Deleted TWICE and while talking to ME... I do not know if I like the odds of that, Osa 😆.
Congratulations on the six years! That is awesome!
It IS the morning that I seem to have the most thoughts of strongly disliking a flaw in my personality. I think that is because I have my "free thoughts" then, and as I am JUST waking up, so it IS all about me at that point. In a few minutes, I will be bombarded with taking care of everyone ELSE, and am too busy to THINK about me.
Huh, maybe that is my solution...
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Thank you, troyarn.
It HAS been hard. I have actually quit probably five times now (should have STAYED quit after my son was born, but I "celebrated". Dumb, I know.)
It is just SO NICE to know that I am not the only "sneaker" to use the same tools! But then, it is kind of discouraging too! 😆
I AM going to make it this time, if it takes my "knocker" to knock the square out of my HAND!
Thank you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: