You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Tried To Snatch My Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Something Tried To Snatch My Baby

 

It happened just recently, Monday night, December 8th. We are in the process of moving. I was so tired from packing that I laid down with my infant daughter around 10 pm. My daughter is 4 months and she is a preemie so she doesn't crawl yet.

Around 3 in the morning I was awakened by the sound of small feet running to my bedroom door, I thought it was my other daughter who is 2, so I get up a little upset, I open my bedroom door and nothing... There is no one there, so I go to my girls room (I have 6 kids total) and there is my two year old asleep between her sisters. So I go back to my room convinced I must have been hearing things.

My daughter started to fuss so I gave her her pacifier and got back into bed and fell asleep. (Let me assure you, that although she was asleep with me, I had her in the middle of my queen size bed a stack of pillow's on one side and me on the other) At 3:30 I was awaken by her crying. It was a loud sharp cry babies give when they are either frightened or in pain, the only thing was it was muffled.

I thought that maybe the covers or the pillows were on her, so I moved the blanket. Nothing. I move the Pillow's nothing. I get this uneasy feeling, I start moving boxes in my room, I can hear her but she is muffled. I happen to catch a glimpse of her foot UNDER the bed so I pulled her out.

How did she get there?

She was under the bed towards the head board in the middle. When I picked her up she had this really, weird smell, it smelled oily. I was very scared, I checked on my other kids and they were still asleep, I let my dog Sugar in and she ran straight for my room and was growling and trying to get under the bed.

My husband works nights, and when he came in in the morning I was still awake. Naturally. I don't think he believed me, but when I got home from work later in the day he said, "I moved the bed to get the frame to the new house look I found the baby's pacifier... It was in the same spot you said you found her on" the pacifier was oily. There was this perfectly round spot on the wall that was oily and smelled really foul. I don't know what it is or what happened, I have slept in the living room since that night.

I still get this feeling that some thing is watching. I don't leave the baby by herself, and I have caught the dog growling at something unknown in my room. I appreciate any help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
Hooooollly cow... Not sleeping tonight! That was a terrifying one! I sure hope that you and your little ones are safe and snug in your new home!
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
This really scared me. I would get a preist or someone. The oily liquid and stink is probably what ghosts drop / leave behind them (sorry - I've forgotten what its called!)
I really hope you get rid of it and that this doesn't happen again
Beccca
kagome (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
do not hesitate to call a priest! A demon or a spirit can easily without hesitation move to place to place! Believe me! I used to be in aroom with spirits and I tried to get away so I traded rooms with my mom and they followed me in that room. So for the protection of you and your baby call a priest or a pastor!
Elder (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
I would definitely have the house blessed, and possibly conduct a smudging?

It's a Native American purification ceremony that not only involves the house, but should be done on your family members as well. I'm sure that you can find detailed instructions through Google.

It isn't a ceremony that can conflict with Christian views, so you can easily do both. Smudging is just considered to be a purification of the air and the soul, but has no direct spiritual connotations.

If you do a smudging, however, be sure that you smudge your family members first, starting with the most influential. This can be the head of house, or even a child who holds a high amount of sway. This way your negative energy won't sully each other throughout the smudging. Smudge the family members first, and then the house itself.
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
i was always scared of something being under the bed when I was young. So were my kids closets as well. Now that creepy fealing is back 😭 ill be checking under my bed like I did when I was eight. Hope it never happens again god bless your baby and lord send you angels to protect her while she sleeps
FearAndInterest (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
I agree with everyone who says to have your home blessed. However, there are ways that you may be able to do this yourself. Hedi Hollis is a pretty laid back and interesting experiencer of all sorts of amazing phenomenons, as well as an author. She tells a lot of people who are troubled by ghosts, demons, ect. That they can cleanse their own homes. If you can get Holy water, than by all means do. If not, then you can actually use tap water. Put some into a bottle, say a prayer over it asking Jesus to protect you, your home and your family, and then shake some water out in every corner of every room. She says to begin at the far end of a room, and slowly back out as you finish. Say a prayer asking the good Lord to help keep all evil away from your house whilst you are doing this. Hedi Hollis actually has a very interesting site called UFO2U.com (that is just one of them, but it will lead you to her other site about shadow people as well). I pray that you are safe now, and that the baby is well, and that nothing further will happen. I also hope that you already moved out. That may really help. If you have time one day, look into the history. Even online you may be able to find some info. Good luck, and God bless! ❤
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
hi

As a mother with a 7 month old son I kind of got chills reading your story

I believe that animals are especially sensitive--especially dogs because they have a heightened sense of hearing, and possibly seeing things the human eye cant. I think your dog sees what tried to take your baby and wants to protect you. Was this the first occurence you ever had in your house? How long have you lived there?

Maybe since your moving and all the bussle and hussle has gotten something aggitated and maybe doesn't want you to leave. Has your other children ever told you of seeing or hearing unusual things?

All I can say is protect your children because they are so innocent and vulnerable that if whatever this thing has the power and energy to move your baby off of your bed and put her under the bed... Who knows what else its capable of. The oily part is especially interesting. I agree with ghostlover13 too

Try and find the history and see if something significant has happened on your property
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
Have you home blessed.

Try to find the history of the house.

Maybe something lke that happened to the spirit who was doing that to your baby and (s) he wanted to get revenge?

I am not sure

Have any questions, then just email me at spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Good luck & Stay safe! ❤
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
wow, that is really really strange you should look in to that I no I would if I were you, and good luck...
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Rook, enjoyed talking with you. And Congratulations on being an esteemed poster. Also, I very much enjoyed your story, "Phantom House." Supposedly, there's an etheric copy of everything here, in the etheric world (which doesn't decay). Sounds like you were either seeing that one, or it was a time overlap. Very thrilling. And curiously, you had a somewhat similar experience with the Chase House. Extraordinarily rare for a person (s) to experience this kind of episode twice. Perhaps you two possess an aspect that permits this? If it happens again elsewhere, I'd say yes! Has it?...I've only read those 2 of your stories. But will be reading the rest. Thanks, Rand
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
Randcan,

Many thanks for such a wounderfully full answer. It's not that I disagree with anything you said, not at all. It was just my own personel 'feelings' were not 'pointing' to a particularly menecing 'entity' in this case.

" So I'd do both: 1) Address a creature/kick its assss, and 2) Help relieve anxiety amongst the kids. If you're angry enough, and have a good heart, there is no entity whose assss you cannot kick. This is Your Domain. And babies, are the ACTUAL physical presence of God on Earth (pure innocence) " All I can say to this statment is AMEN! I can not argue with this point at all, nor would I want to.

I still 'feel' that the Family will not be followed, but you are right, it would not hurt to back up the blessing of the new home with other steps of protection and discussion with Family members.

Respectfully,

Rook.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
Dear Rook/Garret, To answer your question... Since this was an almost singular event, it may never be known what exactly was the cause. Offhand, it sounds like poltergeist. Or perhaps an evil entity. The reason why this event was 'threatening' is mainly due to the fact that the baby was targeted and sequestered away from its mother. No positive entity would do this, furthermore, the mother described the baby's cry as "frightened or in pain." We, including Mers, should consider > what if it was in pain? And, the oily substance emitted a "foul smell." Indicative of a hostile presence. Beyond that, she added, that the dog went directly to under the bed, "growling." That is, seeking to protect from a threat. And had been found later, "growling at something" that continued to reside in the room. Mers felt she was being watched, and unsettled by the event, spent some nights on the couch. Lastly, Mers stated that she never moves into a house that isn't blessed; so I assume it had previously already been blessed. However, things get in. In short, you can see, that this is not an innocent event. Whether the baby's cry sounded "muffled" because she was under the bed, only Mers can judge, and in the face of everything else, is somewhat inconsequential. But if you were moving boxes around the room, would the cry sound muffled just because the baby's under the bed? Mers did mention that it all commenced with the sound of like a toddler's feet around 3am going to her room (a classic negative hour). This could indicate a creature/negative Earth spirit (malicious knome/fairy/imp, the list goes on...). I'd put my money on the imp. Given the fact that she lives in a particular region known for 1) shapeshifters, given the fact that 2) various small creatures exist, and given the fact that you need to think of Yourself being treated like the baby: Not placed to the side of the bed, but under it, and all the way to the "center of the headboard" (= as far away from your protector as possible, and even hidden enough so that you, the creature, could buy more time while your protector looks for you), AND... The creature doing something (?) to You to cause you to give out a "sharp cry" out of "fright or pain." Need I say more? Therefore, I would as said, take the strongest position, as a safeguard for my (helpless) infant, and consider this a powerful poltergeist or harmful creature. All those kids (and those particular ages) produce tremendous raw energy, which in itself, may attract entities. So I'd do both: 1) Address a creature/kick its assss, and 2) Help relieve anxiety amongst the kids. If you're angry enough, and have a good heart, there is no entity whose assss you cannot kick. This is Your Domain. And babies, are the ACTUAL physical presence of God on Earth (pure innocence), and I'll kick the Devil's or a Ghost's or anything's assss that tries (and they do) to intimidate a child. What's the worst that's going to happen to me? I die? (heart attact, being struck etc.) So what, then I'm free to beat the sh*t out of it on it's own plane. In my etheric body. Remember that the supernatural is fascinating and fun, but intelligent entities are not toys, and they know that they have the upperhand through invisibility, and are capable of preventing us from feeling the sensation of fear if they want to. So think twice, when one is behaving subversive! I've wrestled an invisible entity twice, and they can pick you up and throw you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Randcan,

"the appearance of liquids. Not to mention flickering lights and bed shaking. REGARDLESS, the fact that your baby was moved AND it was muffled (mouth covered),"

I'm alarmed at the last part of this quote... The implications are, are... Frightening to say the least. May I ask why or what promted you to word things that strongly?

It's my 'feeling' that the childs cries were muffled simply from the fact of being under the bed. It's also my 'feeling' that the entity did not truly mean any harm. Finally it is my 'feeling' that 'it' will not follow the Family to the new house, which has been blessed already. Incense and candles could not hurt things to keep the atmosphear calm and free of negitive energy.

Respectfully,

Rook
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
I must say that I have chills all over my body after reading this. How long have you lived in this house? Has anything else strange happened in your house?

I do not think I have ever heard of anything like this. I have heard of babies, that are not crawling yet, falling off of the bed and end up wiggling their way up under things, but the oil? What in the world could that be from. I think I will have to research this.

I definitely, WOULD NOT, leave ANY of my babies alone until you find out what is going on. You really should have your house cleansed. I would do as kimsouth says and have your home blessed. Put crosses in EVERY room, above the doorway, or above the bed. I'm not sure if it really matters where you put it. This is just where I put them, or would put them. You could also get in contact with whitebuffalo on any kind of cleansing you can do.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Very definitely time to have your home blessed. Please seek out what ever spiritual means you believe in and have the home and your family blessed.

Anything touched my baby, I would be frantic! I cna only imagine the fear you have.

Place a cross in the bed rooms, all of them. It may no be a bad idea to start wearing a cross as well, for all of you.

Tell 'it' that 'it' is not welcome near your home and your family in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Please keep us updated!

God Bless!
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
IT IS LIKELY NOT, A GHOST. ESPECIALLY NOT A FRIENDLY ONE. Like VanLe said, it sounds like an Aswang; a Filipino shapeshifter, but in this case, since you are in Arizona, it is called a Skinwalker (Navajo Indian who transforms using black magic). An oil is used. If not that, then as Mik says, it may be Poltergeist, since that can be accompanied by the appearance of liquids. Not to mention flickering lights and bed shaking. REGARDLESS, the fact that your baby was moved AND it was muffled (mouth covered), it is DANGEROUS. Are you American Indian? I'd go with worst case scenario as a precaution and assume it's a Skinwalker, and protect my new household with prayer, and a blessing. The only other assumption would be that since the paranormal commenced for the first time during this move, that one of your children were not happy with the move, and their energy acted out in a negative way. Also, one of 'em could be subconsciously jealous of the baby, and that's why the poltergeist/energy targeted the baby. But like I said, it did so DANGEROUSLY. Get your kids to discuss their feelings about the baby, about their new surroundings, and encourage cheer. Bless your house. If anything paranormal happens again, even if it's slight, BEWARE; it may be a precursor. You've already seen what it can do, and next time, your baby may be dropped and injured. PLEASE WRITE AND LET US KNOW HOW IT'S GOING. Take Care!
Mick (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
It sounds like a poltergeist to me. They do the strangest things and moving objects is one of them. They will move objects that normally aren't moved; like infants. They like to stack objects not normally stacked also. A blessing or cleansing should be performed in your house. I would have gotten a sample of the oil and had it tested.

Good luck and best wishes.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Interesting story. I hope all is ok in your new home, I don't know if you do, but try buring some incense once in a while, I always sandlewood for ridding negative energies. Lets hope this entity was not attached to your children, Cleanse your new hope and fill it with all your love and positive energies. Let us know how you get on.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Mers,

I do not feel this entity will follow you to the new house. Glad to hear that it has been blessed. I believe the entity in question had 'grown attached' to the energy of your children being in the house and this its attempt to hold on to something it liked. (over possessive type) I do not feel this is/was a harmful entity, just 'lonely' and children put off quite a bit of energy and 'it', in it's own way was trying to say, 'Please don't go.'

It does not/did not understand that what it was doing/did was scaring you. Take care, thanks for sharing this experience and enjoy the new home.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mers (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
my kids ages range is 17, 13, 10, 8, 3, and the 4 month old ❤. It felt good to get a good nights sleep. Thanks for all the help, it's nice to know not there are people out there who know or understand what I am going through.
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
I am so glad you and your children are out of there. Try not to think about it following you. I am no expert by any means, but my theory is that the constant obsessing and fear of this entity may give it reason to try to follow you. Let's just assume it is attached to the house. I am not sure about the ages of your other children, but perhaps it was a poltergeist. Just a thought. I wish you the best of luck in your new home!
Mers (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Well, I finaly went to stay at the new house last night. Peace finaly. The last straw was: my bed shaking like there was an earthquake and at the same time the channels on my tv were changing. 😨.
I don't know what it is, but I am happy to be leaving it to the next person. Not really, just happy not to deal with it. None of this happened before it just started happening when we started to move. The night after it happened my bedroom light started to flicker on and off for about 3 minute I just hope it's not an entity because those follow you. I never move into a house that is not blessed. The oil spot dissipitated it was the about 1 ft. My daughter is a preemie she doesn't turn around yet, and the pillows were stacked up on one side, and me on the other so I am still perplexed. Thanks to everyone I appreciate the help 😊
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Someone or something may have moved your baby, but it is hard to say. You said that you woke up to her muffled screams and you found her under the bed. It is possible that she may have rolled over and fallen. This being your 6th child, I am sure you know how they seem to obtain the ability to do that one day out of the blue. However the dog's reaction makes me wonder if there was an entity in your room. I can't say for sure that it is something evil that was trying to steal your baby. It may have come to wake you up and warn you of your baby's current state. As tired as you were, you may have needed an extra nudge to wake up. Obviously I would air on the side of caution. To rule out that she didn't roll out of bed, put a bassinet right next to your bed as she cannot roll out of that. It would be a shame to be unable to sleep in your own bed due to paranormal activity, but I think you need to be sure that it is paranormal before you start avoiding areas of your house. As a father, I know how inherently protective we are of our children, but you owe it to yourself to at least try to obtain some piece of mind in your own house.
clueless (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
I think you should remove your bed frames. That would be one less thing under the bed to worry about. And now you'll just have to wait for new things to happen, and find another solution to solve it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Mers,

I understand your concern (Father of 3 who wants 3 more) and do not blame you for sleeping in the living room, a couple of questions concerning this oily spot...

Was it a simple discoloration of the wall, or did it have color and 'texture'?

How big was the circle? Quarter sized, grapefruit sized, or larger/smaller?

Foul smelling? Have you smelled anything like this before? Spoiled cooking oil for example. Or was this different than that? Certain physical signs may give an indication of what happened to her that night is why I'm asking for these details.

Sounds like you are in the middle of a move to a new house, "I moved the bed to get the frame to the new house" if this is true, how long have you been in the home you are in now? (old house/present house) Do you know the history of the house?

Respectfully,

Rook
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hi, You say Oily that Remind me of Ghostbuster like slime things... That not real good sound something kind of spirits in your bedroom. Like the other say try get something to test and also Of course I would get my house bless it or clean it if I was you Please keep your babies safe.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
I'm still getting over the shock that you have 5 other kids and an infant and you work outside the home. I can't imagine how you do that without dropping over from sheer exhaustion. I do know that being over tired and stressed (moving is sheer hell) one can sleep walk and never be aware of it. Kids in a new house can also sleep walk and not be aware of it. So is it possible one of the kids did it without knowing it and then just went back to sleep? I have a 4 mos. Old grandson and while he moves around a bit and flips over the minute he would have fallen he would have been screaming bloody murder from hitting the floor. Any baby would. So someone or something moved your child. The oil residue I have no explanation for outside of something that was already there but you were too tired to notice it. I had a sewing machine leak oil during a move. But even that smelled like oil not something foul. I hope you find out what happened whether natural or supernatural. That had to be a horrendous experience and the protection of your family is your main concern. Keep us posted.
MELIB (5 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Wow, I'd have been scared wittless. If I were you I'd wouldn't go anywhere with out the dog for protection. Your moving out of there? I would be going a lot quicker! I give you kudos for having six kids, moving and now dealing with this! Thank you for sharing and please keep us posted. 😲
VanLe (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Sounds like a aswang beacuse you know how it's looks oily? And aswangs tried to steal babies.
jonlaarmansmom (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Wow! How scary is this. Have you seen this oil since this. I think you need to listen to your dog, if starts to bark like that something is probably there. Keep us posted and good luck.

JonLaarmansMom

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: