You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Can Night Terrors Be Related To Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Can Night Terrors Be Related To Ghosts?

 

I'm 16, and I'm also a christian. I have had a lot of trauma throughout being a teenager with my family and major health problems. 3 years ago I moved from Texas to Connecticut to live in a house with my grandparents. The experiences all started when I began to wake up in the middle of the night. I was never paralyzed, just scared to death (almost like I was having anxiety (I just felt some kind of scary presence), and it made me really frightened, when I checked the time it was always around 3:00am.

I have also have had experiences thinking I may have been experiencing something paranormal when I had 'intrusive thoughts' I don't know if anyone else had it... Eventually I just let it go thinking it was just a part of life, maybe subconscious? But the night terrors do happen still.

I live in a new apartment now reunited with my parents, and now I'm a big believer in 'Abraham, or The Secret', so I believe you can manifest certain things in your life by the amazing power of thoughts, so for awhile I thought I may have only been setting myself up to have a more real paranormal experience by the power of thoughts.

Sometimes I just kind of feel watched... And I have also had experience feeling like someone is having sex with me, (some kind of dull movement and also orgasm I suppose) although I was never paralyzed, before I read this I thought I was just having 'female problems', I never saw anything, but it was like my subconscious automatically triggered me to believe it was some form of sex, it really scared me. I haven't had that experience in awhile, but last night I woke up with a night terror again (it was around early 5amish when I checked... eventually). I always feel the need to turn the light on and stay up, because I'm so frightened after it.

I have finally come to the conclusion that I think it's very much possible I could be having a paranormal or spirit experience. I really am desperate for feedback or information, I don't really know much more about it than what I have said, but it is really scary, I have that strong anxiety feeling also when I wake up... I know anxiety itself is a possible cause, but I have felt its been a lot more than that, like there is something in my life trying to drain me a bit. I just really would like some answers please. I know how all of this kind of sounds sounds, kind of like I just have anxiety. And I believed it too for a bit, but I'm coming the realization its been something more.

Feedback on these kind of 'spirits' or paranormal experiences would be appreciated, please and thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thereisneverdarkness2010, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
(Climbing on soap box)

BJJ has a great point, with or without permission allowing a spirit enter your body is called possession and while kellyfest states she has done this 3 times I still am not sure about the 'twin spirits' she refers to... Let me explain.

(This is based on research and some limited experience)

Ioa is a reference from VooDoo and covers many things...FIrst, the Ioa are based on African Tribal Gods which in VooDoo typically Identify with Roman Catholic Saints and vary from Cult to Cult. Second, it can be used in Reference to the VooDoo High God (Bon Dieu) but can also be a reference to their ancestors, the dead and spirits in general which are all worshiped by VooDoo practioners.

I know the vary basics of VooDoo, and while worshiping twins is mentioned I have not seen it refer to a twin spirit...

Having covered that I can not help but wonder what mentioning the Title of the Book had to do with...well...anyhing that was said... A simple when I was x years old or 10 years ago... Would have achieved the point that the individual had experienced something.

Anyway...rant over.

(climbs off soap box)

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
kellyfest - I was just getting ready to say almost exactly what BadJuuJuu said. So, please, do not advise anyone, ever, to invite an entity into their body. You do not know these people, nor do you know their exact situation. You only what is being shared here. Just because, to you, it sounds like what you experienced, doesn't mean it is. Even if it is, you still should never give that kind of advice. You won't be around to pick up the pieces when something goes wrong 😐
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
Kelly, please do not advise people to invite entities into their bodies. It's very irresponsible and unwise.
Somhairle (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Sex spirits don't cause death. It has never been reported or proven. But just because you feel tired and drained after a shag with a human doesn't mean it means that your life force is being sucked out of you with a spirit.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-01)
A Christian has been given authority over demons in JESUS'S name, if they are right with GOD and have faith.
Marie (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
Fasting and such works for you and I've never had a problem with my methods. 😊 Regardless TND2010 I hope things resovle themselves.
Be safe, Peace. 😉
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
[at] Marie: Problem with burning herbs or incense is, it provokes the malevolent spirits. You'll often see Priests using incense in Church not to bless with but traditionally it is used as a "Provocation". It's to provoke the demons or evil spirits to come out of the babies about to be baptized and the people they possess or inhabit. Once these evil entities present themselves through some disruption the Priests are supposed to be ready to confront the evil with the proper rites.

I have a friend who is Wiccan and she told me that burning "white sage" works even better then holy water when repelling evil. I was interested in testing that out but just never got around to finding any. But recently I read an account from a girl who is suffering with a demonic attack and she used "white sage" and it didn't help her at all. The Demon still comes back to bother her. So I think I will stick with prayers, fasting, salt and holy water. They always work well with me.

Also I've heard of some serious warnings when burning incense and other herbs. If you are not prepared to fight a evil entity do not provoke them. Some of these evil spirits will come back at you with a vengeance. 😐
Marie (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
Honestly I don't mean to be rude in any way, shape or form but it's always good to get all your bases covered.
Get a check-up from your doctor and possible seek some basic therapy since you've had a troubled past (helped me).
Also you mentioned 3am, that is the same hour in which I use to wake up just about every night for exactly one year, three years ago. My slightly crazy "Shaman" grandmother tells me that it's the real witching hour.
Now I was raised in a very Chatholic, very Native American household (yea bit weird) so I'd suggest the basic stuff I suggest to just about anyone who asks for help:
Rosemary-under the pillow to ward off bad dreams and evil presences
Dreamcatchers- (see a pattern, sleep is key) don't think that really needs an explaination
Smudging-Old practice in which you would burn a few herbs in anything fireproof (a pan or old plate) works like a blessing; good herbs for smudings are sage and sweetgrass

I bet these are throwing you off some but every time I have talked to a Rev., Preacher, Priest, or whatever they have said that natural 'remedies' are always the best route to go.
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
I'm not sure if Thereisneverdarkness2010's issue is spiritual or not. I wish her well either way. Her beautiful positive attitude only helps speed her recovery.

Since so many say Succubus/Incubus kill/suck blood/drain energy it has me curious with a couple questions.

1. Does anyone who say these things have any actual experience or reasonable proof to know it to be true?
2. Does the spirit really have sex while the person sleeps?
3. How long does it take for someone to die from contact with an Incubis/Succubus?
4. What kills the person?
5. Is there any proof prayers/smudgings/rituals ever repelled Incubi/Succubae?
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
[at] Thereisneverdarkness2010: Since you're a Christian I will suggest you get some Holy Water blessed by a Priest and splash it around your bedroom making the sign of the cross over your bed and also in front of your window (s) and main door and saying while doing this; "In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, please bless and cleanse this room of all evil?"

Now you can also sprinkle some salt about your bedroom and keep this salt and a bottle of holy water near your bed at night. You might also want to start keeping a Cross or Crucifix with you nearby your bed. And don't forget to say your prayers at night before going to sleep?

You can also ask God in a Prayer to fill your home with the white protective light of the Holy Spirit? Having a small bible on the nightstand doesn't hurt. I recommend reading Psalms 23 & Psalms 91 for comfort when you are feeling spooked. God will hear you and protect you! ❤

[at] crystal8495: You mean Incubus right? And yeah Incubus is the name for the male demon who likes to have sex with women while they sleep. They often can come into a female's dreams. Sometimes I think these dreams could just be caused by hormones and a need for sex. But if you are awake and you are feeling something putting pressure on you down there, or back there. Sometimes a person can even feel actual penetration during these types of assaults...

If you feel somethings groping you or breathing on you or you even hear moaning that's not a wet dream. But remember, a guy doesn't have to be a Demon to want to get freaky with you while you're laying down looking all hot in bed. Hehe...😜 Just about any straight guy will do that if he could get away with it. It could be some horny guy's ghost trying to have some fun. But the feeling of being drained is what Thereisneverdarkness2010 should worry about.

That-- now sounds Demonic in origin. Demons/Angels require certain energies from humans when they are "invited". Like with the Arch Angel Michael he needs your sleep. And people who have prayed for his protection often notice that even if they are really tired, they can't get to sleep. Because Michael takes that from you so he can remain always vigilant and prepared for battle. Satan needs your soul, that is what he requires for his services... And for many other demons they can absorb your life force and your health & energy. Succubus's (the female sexual demons) have been known to suck blood but they can also make the person they are having sex with very sick. And those people often waste away and die eventually from wasting away. Not even Doctors will know why.

[at] eekamouse: Some spirits are able to manifest a physical attack. Maybe it's caused by telekinetic energy? I have experienced physically being grabbed by an unseen force before. It feels just like someone grabbing you who's alive, but there's no hands and the attack might only last a few seconds. Some people have had brutal beatings that last for several minutes. The force and the violence is there. You can feel the pressure even sometimes people have been hit or choked.

In one case, a pregnant woman was thrown down some steps and was being strangled by something invisible but which emanated extreme hate for her. You can seriously feel the presence but you can't see them. One man was lifted off the ground and he felt something tightening around his neck as if someone was trying to hang him. But you can feel the malevolence behind these attacks. It's really weird because these people/spirits don't have a physical body anymore. But I know from experience that they can physically injure you.

I've never had a spirit try to kill me (and I hope I never do come across a homicidal entity), but I'm sure they exist because there are murderers in Life. What happens to the murderers when they die?
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
I think it is a incubus and from what I read on the net christians and nonchristians have experienced this.It's been a while since I looked it up but the number of christian women that had experiences amazed me. I looked this up because my wife also experienced this before we started dating. Another thing that I discovered is a troll doll was in the house when it happened to her, and I've heard on christian radio that troll dolls with the diamond (or whatever it is) in them will cause this activity. Please don't take your situation lightly. BEST OF LUCK
Thereisneverdarkness2010 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
Thanks for all of your replies! Well I had a good week in a half after this instance going without sleeping... Reading up on a lot of sleep paralysis info (which I don't wake up paralyzed). But I had been able to get it off my mind eventually... And I believe its possible waking up with anxiety and putting a 'tag' on that, of what there could or might be, would be possible. But tonight I had kind of a weird experience, I seriously wasn't stressed --- and I thought these bad experiences were over, and they might be... This might be nothing, but its sorta feels like something to me. I have a dream and it has some silly stuff of course... But towards the end I dream about being in sleep paralysis and it IS a dream, I'm sure, I'm myself in the dream... And I see or witness myself have this happen. Now for real, ever since I read about this, I made sure to sleep on my side just in case, but I woke up after this dream on my back, it was strange, my legs were arched up, but then again... Could be normal. My dad hopped into a shower... 2amish shower. That's why I woke up, but I'm a bit glad he did...! I really don't want to believe this is anything paranormal and I turned my thoughts positive and started to believe it might be medical, who knows. But I wanted to share this and see if anyone had any info or ideas. I already talked to my parents about this. Being that I have lyme disease I have been home schooled for a few months but (I get to go back after spring break, yay! And I'm excited, I miss it). I truly believe, like in my name, there is never darkness, maybe less light, but not darkness. And well... This is my experience, but I hope anyone else just like me, in this experience, won't lose confidence, and won't be afraid. Fear plays a big role in this, and in life, so don't let it get the best of you =) You've got the control.

Thank you all!
theknowingman (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
I had the same thing before but the pills I took stop selling they caused death sometimes. S I just hide under my blankets when I get that felling and play my my dsi witch I'm doing at now at 5:30 6:00am. 😨 😨
JessOx (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
This could be caused of you being rather restless. Maybe you have a lot on your mind, which arent to possitive. Have you seen things that may haven't frightened you badly, maybe that's a cause.

Hope thiss gets sorted for you. (Yn)
JessOx
X
dickycolin (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
Night terrors are very common. My nephew suffered from them for years. It generally happens during deep non-REM sleep usually within an hour after the you go to bed. The 3am time frame could have something to do with your sleeping routine. Or the amount of time it takes you to enter a deep sleep state after you go to sleep.

Although I do think that some of the other occurrences are interesting. I do think that perhaps you should speak to someone about it. Parents, School counselor? Look into the possible cause of it before jumping into your faith.

The significance of 3am is know as the witching hour and the feelings of sexual intercourse is very strange without self interference. I would look into it if I was you.

Is it getting progressivly worse?
Have you noticed any oders?
Any sudden temperature changes while you are in the room, or at 3am?
Pentacle5 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
I have read of incubi, and your story does seem to fit. I myself don't have night terrors, but when I wake anywhere in the hour of three am to four am, I do feel spooked. They do say that night is darkest before dawn, so maybe that's all it is, but, in your case, maybe it's more than that. If you are a Christian, then consult a priest or anyone other experienced Christian who would know how to ward off bad spirits. Incubi are no good and if you're having health problems, I should say act as soon as possible.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
ok this is going to be a bit odd, but have you ever heard of wet dreams? Maybe that's what you had except you were awake. I am a believer in the paranormal, but I have a hard time believing in the succubus and incubus stuff. I hope that never happens to me because I certainly would not like to be raped by a dead person. ❤ Jasmin
eekamouse (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Ok, sometimes I just have to put my two cents in sorry. How could a ghost possibly kill you? I mean I would probably run out of the place screaming and piddling on myself if I ever saw one myself. Lol But I have never heard of anyone winding up dead because of a ghost or spirit. I just see so many people suggesting this but have never heard of any proof that this could happen. Once again sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone just wanting to get facts straight.
*steps off soapbox*
KajiSage (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
I agree with crystal8495. It sounds like a succubus/incubus problem. It would be wise to talk to someone at the church to maybe see what they think. Give us an update.
crystal8495 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
ohh... I believe you have a succubus problem. If it is a dream that seems as real as life itself. Let me assure you it is not a dream, and you really need to pray and go to church. Otherwise, you'll end up dead. I've heard they can cause sickness, illness and possibly dieseases also.
Edmund_16 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
well that sure is a serious problems. Have you ever discussed it with your parents or someone really close to you. Maybe they could help you.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Heyy, feel really sorry for the hard things your going through. You mentioned you were sixteen so these instances should be distracting you from your studies. One good thing is that you never mentioned about seeing things its just that your'e feeling. Every person has a strong sensory power, for some it would be smell, others sight etc. But I don't think your'e anywhere near paranormal experiences it should either be your feat taking over you. My only help in this would be that you pray everyday (you mentioned you are a christian) A little help from spirituality and belief will do the trick. Try sharing these with some elders who will listen to your opinions seriously.

These are just my assumptions, if you still feel that it is something out of the ordinary please comment back and I'll let you know. Take Care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: