You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Unexplained Flickering Lights

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained Flickering Lights

 

I don't know. I cannot explain what has been happening to me these last few weeks. I don't think it is all in my head and just a short circuit but it could be. I had watched Paranormal State and watched the episode with the girl possessed by a demon, it had freaked me out so bad that it sent chills down my spine and I couldn't sleep.

Ever since then, for the past few weeks, my bathroom has freaked me out. Every single time I enter my bathroom the lights flicker. In the beginning, when I would look at the light, it would stop. It would only flicker when I wasn't looking. Now it flickers regardless. It does it every single time I go into the bathroom until I leave... Then it stops.

No one else has experienced it until today. My mom was in the bathroom and I told her it keeps doing it and its freaking me out and it started flickering when I entered the room... My mom thought it was kind of freaky... Sometimes when I go to other places at peoples houses the light will flicker.

I don't know how to explain it... It could be the paranormal... Or coincidence... I don't believe its coincidence though if it's happened about 20 times.

I really would enjoy hearing feedback of my experience because some people laugh when they hear me talk about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tiffy89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

freakedout2013 (1 stories) (1 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
okay I have experienced something like this too. It was about 2:55 a.m. And my girlfriend and I were sitting in the living room, the overhead LED lights on and my iPhone 4S plugged in to the wall outlet. Her iPhone was unplugged but the battery was almost full. A streetlight was visible from my window too, and that was on. I was changing the song on my iphone as the clock chimed 3:00 a.m. The LED lights flickered and died, my phone shut off at 69% BATTERY, CHARGING. My girlfriends phone shut off too. I went to the window and the streetlight outside was out. It was on five minutes prior. All I heard in the dark was my antique clock chiming 3 a.m.
My girlfriend and I sat in the dark for about an hour while I was trying to turn my iPhone back on. Nothing I did could get it to turn on. Then I saw the streetlight outside flicker back on. With the dim orange light coming in to the room, I could see that the antique clock read 4:01 a.m. The LED lights suddenly came back on and my iPhone turned back on, at 95%, charging. Her phone turned on as well, at the same battery lvl as before. Ever since then, I wake up every night at 3 a.m.
1979z28 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
My father passed when I was 12. Then when I was 17 I was in a car wreck. The night before the crash I woke to sompthing sitting on my legs. I thought it was my dog, but I looked and it was in the kitchen. I was in my living room. I felt so afraid to look. Then I did and shook my legs and a 6-8 foot shadow got up and my dog jumped at it and it passed through the wall outside. The next day I had the wreck. I had a skull fracture, femer, tibia, and humerouse. My mother and brother were told id be dead or retarted. I had heart failor twice. I remember going to heven and demanding that I not die. I was told I was not going to. I came out of it after 3 days. I had to go to an institute to make sure I was ok. I have 4 plates and 23 skrews in my head. I am now 25. I have been feeling power lately. I was so angry yesterday and my brother got in my face. The lights started flickering constant. It stoped a little while after. I have been haveing things falling around me everywhere I walk in my house. I have seen a lot of shadows. I was told that the shadow that was on me the day before the wreck was the reper?... My brother saw a shadow go into the bathroom where I was. I saw the fabrick softners go over and get sat down. He didn't tell me about the shadow until a month after. I am woundering what all this is about?
Kristofer (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
This is great. I've been dealing with these phenomenons for a long time. I've dealt with reading the future, deja vu, knowing the times on the clock without looking, feeling other peoples emotions, projecting thoughts, projecting images, flickering the lights, turning off light poles and flickering them when I seem to know they are going to, finishing people's sentences all of the time, contacting people, staying on people's minds, and definetely some wierd phenomenons like someone's presence as well as having other people telling me they feel like five or so people or ancestors are in the room when I meditate or relax. My phenomenons seem to be strongest when I smoke weed and zone out and come back from conscious to zoning out or even subconscious it sometimes feels. Anyways, I hope to both improve these powers as well as figure them out. I think that these pyschic powers are for a reason and yes I believe in a guardian angel or god because I can't explain how many times I've gone into a situation that could have ended poorly that I knew in my heart I was safe in. I've always had a clue when something bad was going to happen. Also I've sometimes shaken the car, and heard the rumbling and knocking of objects around me.
ReallyFreakedOut (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Ok so me and my friend lexie,abrianna,me,and my sister katelynn have had unexplainable things happen to us. Not so much my sister but me lexie and abrianna. We have played the ouiga [or how ever you spell it] and we talked to this guy named gary. He was a mass murderer and supposedly he had killed people over the ouiga board. So lexie got rely rely uber scared! Because we were in her room! So her and and my sister went to the park by our house and buried it by a tree. That was last summer. After that her door has opened slowly just a crack and then closed... But no one was home it was just her. And then one time her poster on her wall flew off and flew all the way across the room! So scaryy! And there is just this one street lamp... By the park!... Every time we walk by it [in the dark, we like to walk around when its late] but everytime we walk by it it flickers... At first we were just like what the heck? We never really focused on it but one night it was me lexie and katelynn and we walked by it and it flickered, so I said somthing. I was like "have you guys ever noticed how everytime we walk by that street lamp it flickers and then when we walk away it turns back on?" so we did some kind of experiment. We walked away... Kind of far... And then went back and it got super bright and then turned off! We were soo freaking scared! We ran and screamed! And then tonight we were walking around and, of course, the light flickered. We went by it so many times and just to see what happned. And the more we did that, the worse it got! I mean really things happned! Just me and abrianna went and we got by the light and somthing grabbed our shoulders! It hurt! It hurt me but abrianna said it didn't grab her that hard. So we went to my house and looked at my shoulder. My shoulder was freezng and then we looked at it and the one that was grabbed was rely red and the other one wasnt! I was so freaking scared! And so then we went and got my sister and her friends. We wanted her friends to walk by and see what happned... So they did and two lightes turned off! Usually only one does! So they came back and then me lexie and abrianna went back and it turned on. It was crazy how bright that light was! Like usualy it is like orange... But it was bright as hellz! And then we walked away and then kept going back. We are usually across the street but this time we went right under it... Wen we got close nothing happened so we were all like what the hell why isn't anything happening? And we got right under it and it turned off! It was scary! So we of course ran and screamed. And we were away from it, but not that far, the light turned green! And then it flickered and got rely bright again! You can't say that that is just a quinsidence [haha I don't know how to spell that] its rely scary! And the other day I was home alone and my dog was by the couch [so it couldn't have been my dog] and I was on the computer and some one poked me! The finger was FREEZING! Like uber freekin cold! Oh yeah I forgot somthing... When we were by the light lexie couldn't feel her legs and it got rely rely cold! There was a breeze... But the trees werent moving O_O it was rely rely scary! And when I was younger we were at the table eating and my microvave SLAMED shut! Scary chiz people! And everytime we are by our radios they get all staticy. And then when we were walking home after we were walking away from the street lamp... We were walking home and we were by a fence that you couldn't see behind it... And then abrianna just screamed and ran! So of course me and lexie got scared jus by her screaming... So we screamed and ran 2! And OF COURSE I jus had to loose my freeking shoe in the middle of the street! So we were all scared and I had 2 go back and get my shoe... A car was coming and I was like... Pshh I can make it... So I walked over there... And as I bent over to get my shoe I heard someone whisper! And guess what it said! IT SAID GARY! How scary is that! I screamed and ran away! At first I thought it was rely gary... But then we were all like it was probably katelynn and her friends! So we went to my house and they werent there... But then we went back outside and they were running down the hill... I don't know I think that part was them but they came down running out of breath scared shiatless so I don't know really... But its still really scary! Can someone help? Like is all this just a quincidence or is there a precence? Is it gary?! Or is it one of our dead reletives trying to say somthing? Anyone know anything about this?!?!?!?
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
hmm always look for a normal explanation first, then paranormal after all else fails.

-confused-
I think the street lamp thing might just be the weight and motion of the car passing near it causes some kind of short. That's just my opinion because that happens to me all the time as well.

-tiffy89-
You may have an entity trying to get your attention or you could be inadvertantly doing this yourself with a poltergeist type energy you are unaware of. I only suggest this if it is still happening in more then one location. However, make sure that you are not just TRYING to notice it because of fear of the Paranormal State episode. Get a grip on your fear and everything will work itself out. Sometimes I unconsciously make things happen like what you are talking about if I am REALLY stressed out about something. I notice things just kind of knock over when I'm near by, lights burn out, or electrical things just stop working completely only to start working a few days later when they never acted up before or since. Just don't be afraid, because in the off chance it is entity you might just be fueling it to further disrupt your life.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
GaryColin (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
Tiffany I can definitely help! First of all Thank-you! I am going through similar situations and will tell you about it all. Most of all. THESE THINGS ARE VERY REAL. Whether someone else "sees" or experiences what you see is irrevalant! The Bible says that Paul could see the light but the people with him could not see the light. It is your Revelation not theirs. BUT TIFFANY THESE THINGS ARE DEFINITELY OCCURRING AROUND YOU.

Edgar Cayce was about to board an elevator, but he noticed that everyone in the elevator did not have their light auras around them. Edgar decided to wait (or use another elevator). The elevator those people were on crashed and everyone was killed.

I'm going to give everyone reading this message the counselors who help me understand and communicate with the unknown. But I don't want to take up too much more space on this website so I will just give my webpage address. Everything is FREE. I am a Spiritualist Teacher. It is my goal and duty to "tell the world" what has been shown to me. The era of 11:11 has arrived!

Tiffany, the most important thing you must to is talk directly to God about these entities who are trying to exist in your life. In cases like this, we don't know if these entities are "good" or "evil". God created all things. So until you are 100 percent sure who it is that is trying to get your attention (communicate with you), talk directly to God. God will ensure that you are not harmed. Alot of people question God's existence or His concern. Yet if these entities exist, then they were brought into existence by Someone.

I'll give you the short version. My decased Father recently made himself known in my life. Through dreams, lights, leaving his signature all around and through so many other ways that would be too long to list here. My employer has been taking advantage of me. All my Spiritual Counselors, my Dreams, and my Father leaving his signatures have advised me to confront my employer and not be fearful of job loss. Every step I've taken to avoid this confrontation has failed. It's like my Big Brother pushing me into a fight that I don't want. But I have to do so.

I was in an auto accident (which was really my employer's fault. I shouldn't have been there). The Police and no one on the accident scene saw any damage. The very next day my trunk and front end was visibly damaged. Other accidents have occurred since that auto accident. I've been driving for 20 years with out any accidents or points on my license. The "unknown" was telling me to confront my boss or suffer the consequences.

My Employer's computer system went down for no reason. No one could figure out why the computer system went down. Then my automobile fan motor stopped working and now I have to get that fixed. Between getting the auto trunk fixed and other problems (directly related to this job) I am pissed. And I'm so sick of these lazy people sitting and laughing around why more and more assignments are thrown my way.

Tonight when I clicked the light switch nothing happend. In the past my Father has turned one of my night lights on late at night. So with other dreams and signatures being sent to me I finally realized what is going on. As he has done in the past, My Father is addressing my job. I get this strong feeling that I should be advancing in the realm of Spirituality (not at a dead end job which doesn't appreciate me).

So in my case, that's what all these electrical problems add up to. I really don't care half of a cow's rear what anybody else says or believe. If I saw it, then I know it was meant for me. SO DON'T BE SCARED TIFFANY. Visit my web site and seek out those Spiritual Counselors who helped me understand the otherside. EVERYTHING IS FREE. ALSO TALK TO GOD ABOUT EVERYTHING. ASK FOR GOD'S PRESENCE AND HIS PROTECTION AS YOU "GET A GRIP" ON THE OCCURRENCES CAUSED BY THESE ENTITIES WHO HAVE COME INTO YOUR LIFE.

Here's the web page address http://www.webspawner.com/users/knowingtheunknown/
raechell87 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
When lights are flickering around you its said that your gardian angel is fallowing you. It may explain why it happens in different houses and why you are the only one to expiance it.
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
I have a very similar problem. While driving at night I will have several street lamps turn off either right in front of me or right over me. When I look back in my rearview mirror, all of the streetlamps behind me are brightly lit. I don't know what it could be, but you are NOT crazy
Scolai (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
Tiffy,
I have a similar problem... Lights flicker where ever I go. Every room I walk into in my house, the lights will flicker. If I walk under a street lamp, it will flicker... Or if it flickers when I'm walking up to it, it will stop flickering when I pass under it, only to continue flickering when I leave. People have told me everything to try to explain it: demons, excessive energy output, PK, etc. Well anyway... Let me know if you find anything more about it.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
Tiffy, I agree about that episode of "Paranormal State." It was freaky! Quite upsetting, in fact.

Has anything else happened in your house? Water faucets/stereo/battery-operated toys turn on by themselves? Any other light anomalies in another part of the house? If you've had any of these other things occur, I'd be tempted to say that something's trying to get your attention. But if the activity is limited to the bathroom, that would tilt toward my "coincidental" or "self-induced" list. (You may recall that in "PS," the worst incident occurred in the bathroom; that's why I'm tilting toward self-induced paranoia. Since you've seen that show, going into a bathroom may trigger a paranoia reflex in you.)

Could also be a loose wire -- in the light fixture, not necessarily in you! 😉 Just a thought...

Regards,
A.
tiffy89 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
Ya... I don't know... I wish I could figure out what it is because it still does it. I told someone that lives with me that we should change the light bulb in the bathroom because it keeps flickering and she said no we don't I have never seen it flicker... Which is weird because this morning I saw it flickering when she was in there. I don't know it's so weird. Sometimes it even does it in my car on my dome light or in other peoples houses.
SensouBandit (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
there is a person who is known to be able to control electrical equipment (T.V,lightbulbs,etc) by their emotions... Maybe you have the same ability and you don't know how to control it?

I hope you find a way to get rid of or harness it:)
grampa_hann (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
maybe something is feeding off of your fear... Something similar to a psychic vampire... Though could be some sort of a demon or elemental. Maybe this being sensed your fear when you were watching PS, and is now feeding on it.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Hi, Tiffy.
I'm not trying to downplay your experience, but have you made sure that the light bulbs in the room are tight in the sockets? It could also be a loose wiring issue that is triggered by your movement into and around the room. I know none of this explains the same instances in different houses.
I know that PS episode well... It freaks me out... You are not alone there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: