You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Whispers In The Night 2

Real Ghost Stories

Whispers In The Night 2

 

This is an update on the activity that has been happening in my house. This is a continued story so if you haven't read Whispers in the Night 1 then you should.

More things have happened in my house recently! There have been cold spots, I feel like I'm being watched a lot, when I close the bathroom door I hear walking in my kitchen (my bathroom is right off of the kitchen), I've been seeing shadows, I hear steps in my bedroom when I lay down, and I think that someone is tickling my feet. I also thought that I heard someone talking last night but it could have easily been my son talking in his sleep.

The creepiest incident happened last night. My husband went out so I was home alone with my kids. All of my kids were in bed so I was downstairs playing on the computer. I kept feeling like something was standing over my right shoulder and I had to keep checking. I would also feel a cold spot run over my arm or neck. I say cold spot because I would be cold ONLY in that area.

Then I was looking toward the bathroom door, which is also in the kitchen where our front door is located, waiting for my husband to walk through it, as it was midnight. I was getting very upset that he was out so late and then I saw it. The shadow. After I saw the shadow in the kitchen I saw something out of the corner of my eye in the hall that leads to our stairs. I looked again and saw another shadow. I was excited and scared all at once. Then I heard walking in my bathroom and the living room, where I was sitting, got really cold. I also had that feeling again. The one where you know something is going to happen. I was waiting for it. That's when my husband walked in the door. The living room temperature went back up but my husband did comment that it was really cold in there. I told him that it was actually warmer than a few seconds before.

After he got home I went to bed. When I laid down I was still a little wired from my experiences. I was just thinking about the whispering child when I heard walking in my room. My husband was still downstairs so it wasn't him and all of my kids were in their rooms. I laid my head back down ignoring it and then I felt my right foot getting tickled at which point I started saying the Our Father prayer and was able to drift into a sound sleep.

Now let me describe these shadows because I don't think they were shadow people. I will describe the one in the kitchen/bathroom first. It wasn't very dark, more grey and it only came up to the door handle. I didn't see a face on it either. It looked outstretched like it was reaching for something and it was long. It was only on the door. There was no shadow on the floor. This thing stuck to the door only. Weird. It was also fast. As soon as I saw it, it disappeared. Not just vanished but like took of somewhere.

Now for the shadow in the hall by the stairs. I had the light on so the hall was in partial light. I just happened to glance in there and saw what looked like two black shadows. These were black and circular. I couldn't tell if they were on the wall or not but I don't think they were. If I had stood up then I would have been face to "face" with these things. I didn't see a face on these things either. They were there one second and then they weren't.

It feels like things are picking up in my house and I may have to do something soon but right now I am just experiencing these things.

Other hauntings by raingrl01

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, raingrl01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BinghamtonParanormal (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Hi

Sorry to hear about your problems with the unexplainable. We are here to help. I am the founder of the Binghamton Area Paranormal Society. E-mail us at binghamtonareaparanormalsociety [at] yahoo.com. We want to help you get through this tough time. Visit us at binghamtonparanormal.com. We want to help please!
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Sounds like you live in a haunted house. For some reason the presence of children might make the activity increase in your home. Just make anything leave if you ever feel scared or threatened. It's your home and it belongs to you and your family. Maybe try having the house blessed if it makes you feel better or it might help to get rid of unwanted guests. Just a thought. I've lived in a few haunted houses so what you describe does not scare me very much, but if I had children I know I would be more concerned about the situation in general.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
Miss_Violet (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
raingrl01, I feel really sorry for you going through all of these activities as you are. It has to be unsettling for you, especially seeing shadows as well as feeling cold spots on top of that! It would definitely all unsettle me! I think your awareness towards spirits has increased since you saw the shadows. From what you told me before about the boy spirit settling down once you told him to go to bed is good, I just hope he doesn't become more demanding 😢 Please be safe, and take care. I'm hoping things will settle down for you! ❤
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
WOW! It seems as if we both had very similar experiences of late. I would definitely keep a close eye out; that's pretty interesting. Did anyone else notice these things? Usually they tend to only make themselves apparent to one or two people (sometimes more). I do hope these manifestations leave you alone, because they can be pretty unsettling at times. Stay safe!
- Core
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
raingrl10==May the protection of God be with you every step of the way in your investigations. You're on the same wave length as many of us in calling for the Divine in any nerve-wracking situation. We must believe, too, that God is allowing the working out of some situation in all this. Steady does it. The spirits may be touching off incidents, but you're the leader in all this. Everyone can learn something revelatory to the rest of their lives if they choose. Bravo to you and your family for your courage.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
I was thinking the same thing about the little boy wanting a mother. I think that maybe he has stayed aroung looking for a mommy. When my son was waking up scared I asked him to leave my son alone and then prayed and asked God to protect him and my other two children. He slept peacefully the rest of the night. 😊 But I think I'm going to set the stuff out tonight. I'm a little nervous though. 😐 Well, I will let you know tomorrow! ❤
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
raingrl01--No need to rush. Take care of business as it comes up, particularly when it involves the well-being of a youngster. Our first obligation is to our children! It might be possible an unseen boy witnesses your care for your son and wants some of the same.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
I did not try it yet. The night that I was going to put out the paper and crayon they were messing with my youngest boy. I'm not sure what they were doing to him but he kept waking up and running out of his room. I got distracted with that but with any luck I eill be able to do it tonight. ❤
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
raingrl01 - Did you try the crayon/paper experiment last night? You may want to intentionally invite the spirit boy (and others?) to write the request or message, reminding them you want to understand their need and help. It seems evident they trust you, and I'm fairly certain they're not mean-"spirited" or just out to play games.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
James,
I will try the paper and crayon tonight upstairs, since we have the most activity from him. My daughter came to wake me up this morning to tell me that when she came downstairs to use the bathroom that someone was tapping on the door. She said it sounded like a woodpecker was in the house. I told her not to be afraid and that if that happened again to tell them to stop it. She said okay and that she wasn't scared. My kids are so cool! 😊 I will let you know tomorrow if I get anything on the paper. Wish me luck! ❤
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
raingrl01--
Appreciate your giving a fuller family dynamic around the phenomena, and trust you all can talk about it together. There's strength in numbers, and a family unified at the core on how to regard and respond will allow no one to feel helpless, powerless, less able than the next family member. Interesting your husband feels apprehension the most. Because he feels he should protect you all and therefore should have it all figured out so he can use the biggest weapons, as in best techniques?
Fear is natural, fear is powerful, but fear does not have to cripple anyone and be the end. Maybe if you call the phenonema "Unusual" or "Special" it might take some of the sting out of anyone's reaction. You've all got individual perceptions and responses... Pool them together and make yourselves stronger by them.
It seems there's little point in thinking the phenomena will just go away, so deal with it you must. Set out trigger objects (marking with a tape the location you set it in) and see if they move. Maybe set out paper and pencil at night and see if you get any message. Or, for the child, crayons and paper. Ask a question they can answer. If they have something they want to tell you, it might be a way to help them move on. After all, helping them find peace will bring you the same, don't you agree?
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
James,
They are getting bolder. They are walking closer to my bed at night and actually touching me now. I think the spirit upstairs is the little boy that calls me mommy. I think he is trying to get my attention. My husband told me something last night. He said that the night before something touched his foot while he was sleeping and it woke him up. So last night he wanted to sleep with the hall light on. LOL! 😆 My husband is freaked out by this. My daughter is starting to feel more of what's going on. She is okay with it I think because I don't freak out about it. My youngest son doesn't know any different because he is only 3. So nobody is really scared but my husband. I find it all fasinating. I need to get a digital recorder and see what I can get. I will let ya'll know. ❤ ❤
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
raingrl01--Seems the spirits are getting more bold, now that they learned they get your attention! They must be pretty strong for your husband, daughter, and one son to get hit in the senses, too, although you say don't really detail their reactions. Perhaps if you do nothing to banish them, they'll grow stronger, maybe discernable. I say "they" because it certainly appears to be the case. You may like the lady in white, but if she hasn't gone to the light, as we say, maybe she would be happier there. If she goes, you could invite her to visit anytime she liked. The others, however, have yet to be identified, and maybe they don't all get along (and so won't appear) together. I'll keep watching for more accounts from you... Thanks for keeping a level head with these phenomena.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
Ghosts. You have a stronger "6th sense" then most. You are able to at least see the figure of the ghost. There is ghostes almost every where. But I have a few things to ask you, so I'll send an e-mail.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: