You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Recent Ghost Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Recent Ghost Experiences

 

My name is Kirsty this is my first story on this site but I have been reading other peoples stories for some time. My family and I have lived in our house for almost 5 years now, at first there wasn't anything really scary happening just the occasional watched feelings. But lately and when I say lately I mean since about the second week of December 2008 up until now things have gotten way more active.

On December 10th my older sister and dad went to pick up my sisters car she just bought and my mom, younger sister, and I stayed home. We had some bells hanging on the door for Christmas decoration, we were in the kitchen along with our cat and the bells on the door just jingled for about 45 seconds then just stopped and no sound.

About a month later I was sitting in my moms room on the end of her bed talking about my sisters birthday party we were planning, I felt something sit down behind me and I thought it was my cat so I turned to pet him and there was nothing then not even a minute later it felt like someone grabbed the bed and started shaking it. My mom says she feels that all the time when she's trying to go to bed, like a kid is trying to climb into bed with her.

Now fast forward to April... The activity has picked up a lot, I think it might be because I got so interested and I started taking pictures and trying to communicate.

First my sisters were in the kitchen and the door to my moms room was open and you could see right to her closet and all the sudden my sister comes running into my room and told me she looked into my moms room and the door opened slowly and the pile of sheets fell onto the floor.

Two days later I was home alone and expecting my sister within the hour to drop my nephew off so she could go to an interview, so I took a shower and I was in my room getting dressed and I heard the garage door opening and closing so I thought my sister was going in and out getting clothes from the laundry room so I went to see my nephew and when I got to the living room I didn't see her car in the drive way but I still heard the door opening and closing and I turned the corner to the kitchen and the door was just opening and closing like some one was doing it, it did it about 3 times and then stayed open and let me tell you that door doesn't just swing freely and it was locked before I got in the shower.

Here's my most recent experience, last I was in my room about to go to sleep it was 12:47 I know because I heard my sister leave and I looked at the clock, everyone was fast asleep and had been for a while my mom and dad have jobs and my younger sister goes to school, well after my sister left I went through the house and made sure EVERYTHING WAS OFF so after making sure I went back to my room and laid back down 10 minutes later I heard what sounded like an old man and a younger person I couldn't tell if it was a male or female, having sort of a quiet argument I couldn't tell what they were saying but it sounded like it was coming from my sisters room so I got up and checked on her she was definitely asleep and I looked outside and there was nothing and when I went back to bed I didn't hear anything else so I don't know what it could have been. I am open to explanations, and comments. I hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks for reading.

Here is a link of some pictures I took of my dad in the kitchen right after my sister said she felt someone touch her neck.

When it happened:

Recent Ghost Experiences 1

Close up:

Recent Ghost Experiences 1

About 10 seconds after the first picture:

Recent Ghost Experiences 3

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, khicks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Hello,
I have had a lot of the same experiances and I have to tell you, taking pictures and trying to get something to happen is not the best idea. Opening that window could bring in a worse spirit, then what you have. Trust me... I know. That is a great orb picture.
Be careful

Much Peace
Katie
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
I know orbs can be "iffy" to say the least but this one is a good size and taken in a well lit room so you may have something besides dust or an insect. Seems more solid than most I've seen too. I am all for investigating while keeping one's head on straight. Teens tend to be over dramatic but you don't sound like that. What you explained could either be the young people in the house manifesting their own kinetic energy or you have something there that is either residual or intelligent. Sounds residual at this point to me but only investigating can clear that up.
sharebear (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
Thats scary. How old is your house? You should definetly post more stuff up if anything else happens.
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
i have a recent picture I took of my 10 year old sister where this orb l;ike thing is beside her face. I looked in the other pictures and there was nothing there? The orb actually looks about the same size of yours.
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Wow, that is amazing! All of these definately suggest something paranormal is going on. But sweety, you MUST be careful when you play around with the other side. It can invite things you really don't want to even fathom, so please please please seek help from someone, maybe have your house blessed so things don't escalade.

Bldfalcon, orbs are caught on camera all the time.

This spirit seems like it has a lot of energy, given what is happening to you. It also seems like there's some residual energy at your house too. Maybe the previous owners are still there! Has there been any deaths in or around the house? Please Khicks, take care of yourself and don't invite something you won't be able to get rid of.

God bless and GOOD LUCK!
Elina ❤
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Kirsty, welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story and photos. You captured an orb on film, alright. In the third photo, it looks to me like it's risen up toward the valance. Dust? Dander? Energy? Spirit? Who knows.

In my opinion, you're correct in recognizing the connection between your desire to communicate and the increase in paranormal activity in your house. If you continue in this vein, you should be prepared for incidents to escalate and/or quicken. When you open a door to the paranormal, chaos often rushes in along side it. (This hypothesis based on the volume of stories presented on this website.)

A question for you, Kirsty -- Are your parents aware of your paranormal interests and efforts? I only ask because you're living in THEIR house, and they have a right to know what you're doing in their house and what you're bringing into their house. Also, as a mom of two teens, I generally feel that teens/young adults have enough chaos in their lives without inviting additional upheaval. Hope you'll consider this as you proceed.

Wishing you peace,
A.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Yeah, the pictures are different. No trickery I see. It looks like that glowing white present is an orb. It's near the drapes. Damn, I'm still scepticle that it aloud you to take a picture of it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: