You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stay Away From Her

Real Ghost Stories

Stay Away From Her

 

When I was 16 years old I was a nanny for two children. Emily (who was 4 at the time) and Shelby (who was 2). I became really close with the girls family and would often stay by their mother's house in case I was needed during the night, or day. Their mother was a truck driver and was often gone.

Once they moved into their Uncles home I spent a lot of time over there helping with the girls and cleaning the house.

One night the family decided to go to get some movies, their Uncle, his daughter and Shelby left. Their mother was working.

Emily and I had been up all day and she was getting crabby so I took her upstairs for a nap until they got back, she did not want to sleep alone which was strange for her being a small child she was very independent. So I of course switched the lights off and lay down with her. She curled up in my arms and was soon fast asleep.

I must have dozed off as well because the sound of heavy footsteps made me fling my eyes open and look around the dark room. Emily was still in my arms and I thought the sound was something in my dreams until it began again in the room across the hallway. I listened for a moment, no one was home yet I would have heard them all downstairs, and their Uncle NEVER came upstairs for anything. I tried to look down the hallway from the place we were laying I had to turn slightly with her in my arms, the bedroom across the halls door was shut as usual, the thudding stopped and I slowly began to sink back down into the bed with her when the door to the other room creaked open slightly. I looked back at the door nothing came out. My heart started to pound, I wanted to pick Emily up and run for the stairs but the staircase began in the middle of the hallway just next to the bedroom I was afraid of. So running was out of the question.

I laid back down with her hoping that a window were the cause of the door opening even though they opened inward towards the room, I was still sticking with the logic it could've been the wind.

Once I was lying back down I heard the sound of footsteps again and looked up, a dark mass was standing in the door way (getting goose bumps right now writing this) it ran towards the bed I could make out the shape of it a tall thin build, I could make out the outstretched arms reaching towards Emily and it stopped next to the bed. I yelled at it, to stay away from her. And pulled her closer to me. It laughed, a low and twisted sort of laugh before vanishing.

Once it was gone the door across the hall slammed shut and I grabbed Emily and ran down the stairs, her Uncle came in a few minutes later and said I looked pale.

I never told him about the spirit and never spent the night there after that.

Other hauntings by kittythatsme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kittythatsme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
Oh my my...i am sure that Emily is special girl...or maybe someone is after her life... 😲...a little suggestion...my dear...keep rosemary under her pillow...and tie a HOLY CROSS around her neck...i am sure this will be very helpfull sweetheart...

God bless you ❤
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
oh ok. Then it may of just been passing through when you saw it. Better to let them not know then worry if its not there.
t3h_h0bbitz (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Poor little girl had to deal with that. No wonder she was scared. Did the little girl ever talk about seeing anything like that?
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
Hi Everyone, thanks for reading.

BriFischer05 the door to the other bedroom across the hallway was always shut because it was used as a storage room and the childern were not allowed in there for fear they would get hurt by the tall boxes, it opened when the foot steps started and then shut again after the spirit vanished.

Zoajet After that experiance I did not warn them because I did not feel anything else after and was un sure if I was dreaming and did not want to scare the childern. They had not told me they saw anything so I did not want to put it in their head.

Bluegirl0506 At first I felt scared when I saw the shadow but then I felt anger that it was reaching for Emily.

Hobbyholly - hello hun! Yes all my stories are from IL. 😊 When I yelled Emily did not wake up, which I thought was odd because my face was close to hers. Shee did wake up once I picked her up and high tailed it down the stairs though. I did not say anything to the family and no one mentioned anything to me so I never brought it up. Sadly no I do not talk to the family anymore for personal reasons. But I think about my girls often. Who are in their teens now. 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
FREAKY! Omg that is like scary. I would have scream my head off if I saw that. Man I don't know what I would do. Probly woken Emily up sooner. 😨 😨
GIRLIE WOULD BE 😨
freaky_deaky (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Ive seen the same kind of shadow looking thing in my house. But it didn't walk to wards me, it ran when I looked at it.
cracklepaint (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
sounds like a shade to me.
These entities are often seen around children.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Ohhh a story from Illinois. Excellent.

When you yelled at this "thing" did Emily wake up?

Did you ever ask the uncle or family members if they had seen anything before?

Do you still keep in contact?
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Very creepy. How did you it make you feel when you saw this ghost? I get the feeling for some reson that it's not a bad spirit but I guess it really depends on how it made you feel.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
You had said that the door across the hall was shut 'as always'. Then when the shadow person laughed and vanished - the door shut? Could you clarify?
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Hm sounds like a spirit that prays on the weak and helpless. I think a exocism should have been done and think you should of warned them about it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: