You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was It My Step Mom?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Step Mom?

 

I went to bed early on Sunday May 24th, 2009 at about 6:00pm. My dog Mopsy was in bed with me and my blinds were open. At what I guess must have been about 2:00am I heard someone whisper "Hey". As I opened my eyes I saw a figure kneeling beside my bed. I screamed bloody murder. Upon noticing who the figure was I calmed down. I believed that it was my step mom.

I laid my head back down as she sat there smiling and petting my dog. "What's up?" I asked, to which there was no answer. "Did you just want to say 'good night' to Mopsy? " I asked, to which there was no answer. I opened my eyes and sat up. The figure I believed to be my step mom disappeared as I viewed her from a different angle.

Who was this lady?

Could it have been my step mom?

We live up the street from a cemetery and my dog takes walks there all the time. Could someone have noticed Mopsy there and wanted to visit her? Anyways it was the coolest experience of my life and I want to find out more about this friendly, dog loving spirit.

This is not my first encounter with a spirit but it is my first sight of a spirit. It was quite vivid. My sister thinks I'm crazy. I am really curious to find out who this was and if it could have been my step mom having an out of body experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LynnAsh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Well considering you live next to a cemetary your dog may have attracted a spirit, but at least she's friendly.
LynnAsh (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
If this was a dream it was extremely vivid. I never remember my dreams. I told my stepmom about the experience and she was just alarmed by the occurance. There is a cemetary right by where we live. Both my stepmom and mom are alive. I just know this was my first encounter with a supernatural entity.
ZackandChelsea_forever (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
It very well *could* have been your step mom, maybe sleep walking. Sleep walkers don't tend to answer back when asked questions.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Before I can comment on your story, I have a question. I am taking it your step-mom passed away. Where is your biological mom? Is she still alive? Sorry if it is a personal question.
Rosie93 (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
I think that this could have been a dream, but it's one of those experiences where you'll never really know for sure. You could do some research on your house to see if there could have been a death there, but unless it happens in the daytime when you're fully conscious, you can't say for sure that it was a spirit.
But talk to your step mom. Does she remember doing this? Maybe it really was her the whole time. 😉
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
Sounds like it may have been some dream you were having and you might have woken up a bit and thought it was real.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: