You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady In The Pink Flowing Gown

Real Ghost Stories

Lady In The Pink Flowing Gown

 

As a child it is very difficult to get an adult to believe you when you say you have seen something that cannot possibly be real. What is a child to do when they really experience something and do not have the courage to tell it? You do like I do and wait until you are grown.

My story goes back to 1994. I was about 11 years old. We lived in what my brother and I called the "Blue House" and to this day you cannot tell us that place was not haunted. We were really excited to move in because it was a big house and had a large yard. It also had what was called a dummy line where railroad tracks used to run. We would play on the dummy line for hours on our bikes. We loved it. Many things happened in that house but what I am about to tell you will always stick out in my mind for as long as I live. Believe me or not. I was there.

It was a school night and in the middle of winter. My brother would often come in my room at night to sleep because he was scared of the dark. He is four years younger than me. I remember being awakened by a noise in the hall way. My parent's room was only two rooms down the hall. I thought it was time for daddy to get up for work as having to go to school always seemed to make sleep time so very short.

I have always been a heavy sleeper. I got up as I would any other time if I happened to catch daddy leaving to tell him goodbye. This was not my daddy. I walked out of my room and for some reason I just stood there. I began to walk down the hall towards the bathroom and there she was.

There was a woman who was not my mother standing in the hall way. She looked to be standing in mid air still but at the same time moving. I know that makes no sense, but that is how it was. I was speechless. I could not even get a whisper out. I remember she had long brown hair, a friendly face and I could see through her. She was very colorful and she wore a bright pink and white gown. It flowed as if a large fan were on her. I was so scared that when I was able to move I ran but not in the direction away from her. For some reason I ran right through her. I never looked back. I went to my parent's room but they were asleep. I got the courage to go back to my room where my brother was. I got into bed and pulled the covers over my head and did not move until the sun came up. I did not tell anyone this until many years later when I was older.

Many things happened in that house, sounds of glasses breaking, footsteps and heavy breathing. My mom had an experience that I will share later.

To this day I do not know who this lady was. I have never researched the place either. I just know what I saw. It really freaked me out.

Other hauntings by kellyb09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kellyb09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
I seen at the top of your page your from Mississippi. That state has a very colorful and long history of southern belles and Gone with the Wind traditions. I am sure she was a grand southern lady who maybe lived there in her former life and never quite had the heart to leave. She was just letting you know she was there, and meant you no harm at all.
Zukismom
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Hello, Maybe she attach the house tha you and your family live in. I know it's hard to have your parent not believe in you my is the same way.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: