You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Six Dogs By Day

Real Ghost Stories

Six Dogs By Day

 

Several years ago, my parents adopted a little boy. He's been with them since he was four. Recently, he confessed to be having trouble sleeping at night because he's being watched. He claims that during the day, there are six ghost dogs that are nice and run around and play. But at night, they turn into one big mean dog that watches him while he sleeps. He sleeps with the closet light on and refuses to go into any dark room without someone first going in to turn on the lights.

No one else has seen the mean dog, but I admit that several times I may have seen a ghost dog in the house. My parents currently have 5 dogs, 6 counting an on again, off again stray guy. Not long ago, a little before my adopted brother admitted to seeing the ghost dogs, they had even more dogs. One died due to old age, and her mate curled up in her old bed and stopped eating until he died a week later. Very sweet really. Anyway, they're crawling with canines. Only two are allowed inside. It will be one of these that I will assume is around, or that I would have sworn that I had just seen out of the corner of my eye only to realize that everybody (of the canine variety) is outside, or at least zonked on the couch, and not wandering past the doorway.

When I was still living at home (I was about 15) I was lying in bed when someone jumped up on the bed, shaking it and touching my leg. I reached down to pet whoever, but no one was there. Turning on the light proved that there were no animals in the room, and the door was closed. So I am open to the possibility of ghost dogs.

As a dog lover, I'm a bit skeptical that 6 good dogs could turn into one mean dog. These are potentially my dead friends we're talking about here, and I can't imagine my old pets being mean. And do ghosts combine to form other forms? I'd never heard of such a thing. Maybe he's seeing something else at night. I've heard of mean (human) ghosts that trap other spirits to draw off their power, and it breaks my heart to think that something like that could be utilizing my old pets' energy to trap them and manifest in a canine form. Is that possible? Or does he just have an overactive imagination?

Other hauntings by encartaphile

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, encartaphile, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Randcan (62 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Samantha covered it all. Just would add that a demon (or spirit) can take on -any- form, even a bunny rabbit. Even you! Also, your dog friends have gone to a wonderful place for animals, and are not being trapped. Arrange to have the child and the property blessed (separately), but don't make a big thing out of it, so to not enhance the child's anxieties; whether real or imagined. (A property blessing is a little dramatic, so the child need not attend).
Absolute_Zero (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
Oooh. I have a story about dogs I will be posting soon; is there a connection?
Samantha_Kyles (3 stories) (25 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
I, too, am a dog lover. I have one pitbull.

Like you, I doubt those friendly buddies would transform into something horrible that would want to hurt your brother. I'm not all that knowledgeable on the paranormal, but I have decent perspective, I think, and it does sound like maybe someone's using your pets' energy. 😢 That, or it's a demon (or spirit) who is feeding off your brother's fear. Or perhaps some other conflicting feelings within the household.

Or it could be your brother's imagination. After all, he's only seven or eight, if I'm guessing correctly.

I'm not sure if you're very sensitive to the paranormal, but... Can you feel anything out of place, at least at night? See, I usually know if someone (or something) is around when I get this strange, uneasy sense that there's something not quite right there. Sometimes I might be able to tell if the presence is sinister, mischievous, friendly, or antisocial. That kind of sensitive is what I'm talking about. What about you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: