You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What A Practical Joker He Must Have Been

Real Ghost Stories

What A Practical Joker He Must Have Been

 

My husband and his friends were having fun playing billiards (and a little drinking on the side) at the country club that night. It was very late, around 2:30am, and they suddenly came up with a silly idea that they would walk around the club and go ghost hunting. I told them that these things are not to be taken lightly. In spite my objections; they went off, all 8 of them, my husband included.

Not a mere 30 seconds later, they come running back into the billiard hall! Most of them were nervously laughing as they told me what happened. Turns out, as soon as they walked out the hall, they heard someone or something hit the metal roof right above their heads. When they looked at that direction, 2 mangoes fell right in front of them. The thing is that the mango tree was a good distance from the roof and the only way for it to reach the roof was if someone threw it there. But that's not the last of it.

Just as they had finished telling their story, I glanced at the billiard hall's entrance (which is made of metal and glass). Through the glass door, I saw an old man with light grey hair laughing his heart out! He was wearing white trousers and a white shirt. I didn't pay attention at the time and looked back at the guys. It was then that I saw Paul (my husband's friend), his mouth agape, staring & pointing at the door! He saw the old man too! He immediately ran towards the door to see where the old man went. There was nobody outside.

I was freaked out but I was also curious at who the old man was. A couple of weeks later, by then the news of my 'sighting' has spread all over the club, and one of our friends, Matt, approached me to confirm it. I told him that it was true and even went as far as describing to him how the old man looked like. He then pulled out his cell phone and showed me a picture. The old man I saw was Matt's dad who had passed years before I met Matt. He died of a heart attack and was, in fact, a known practical joker among his family and friends.

Pretty cool huh?

Other hauntings by Fuchsia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fuchsia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tinch31 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
Nice! It is scary but at the same time funny. Thank you for sharing your story 😁
inan0511 (11 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-03-11)
don't get fooled... They are demons so be careful and PRAY!
bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
Haha reading this article coincidence or not, it's April fools day and I am a prankster myself.:)
carlpablo123 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
wow nice a ghost that want to prank now that's cool 😁 but it freaked me a little
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
That is pretty cool! He must have heard you guys talking so Matt's father wanted to have some fun too so he appeared in front of you and Matt and he started laughing! If that was my dad I would be freaked out too! Thank you for sharing your story and God Bless! ❤ KatieChan
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Hehe they were pranked good.I'm glad there are ghosts who just want to have fun, not harm.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
I love ghost stories like this one--I guess the part that survives retains our sense of humor, too!
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
That is so great! I'm glad there are stories about ghosts that aren't scary. That must have been pretty cool for those guys to realize who it was. Thanks for sharing!
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
😆 I guess the guys really shouldn't consider a career in ghost hunting huh? It was really hilarious to see them that way... 😆 Thanks for reading my story, guys. Blessed be! ❤
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
😆 I love your story, it's proof that not all the ghosts are out there to get us. Mm actually... He DID get your husband and his friends, but in a funny way 😜
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
LOL... That would have been fun to watch a bunch of grown man running of fright. But also a scary moment. Hahaaa...
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
At least it was a friendly type of haunting. Its like he's still having fun even in the afterlife. Maybe he missed being a practical joker. 😉
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
What a wonderful story!

Thats pretty cool.

And not so much good 'ghost hunters' they might have been!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
That was a wonderful story!

Perhaps your husband and the other gentle men will not take 'ghost hunting' so lightly in the future!

God Bless!
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Sweet! I love these stories, sounds like it was fun to watch! Blessed be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: