You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Dream And The Ghost That Saved My Life

Real Ghost Stories

The Dream And The Ghost That Saved My Life

 

Every summer, I visit my aunt and uncle in Massachusetts while my parents go on a Caribbean cruise. One particular summer, when I was 7, I caught a cold. It was just your basic common cold. You know, sneezing, watering eyes, and coughing. Well, my uncle went to work one day. My aunt stayed at home with me. By then, my cold had escalated to a very bad fever. We ran out of cough syrup, and my aunt had to go get some more. I knew that she was hesitant to leave me all alone, but my cough had become so bad, that she'd had no choice. So, she left.

Their little, sort of cabin style house was isolated from the rest of the town (there was also a little lake just beyond the backyard; I loved to swim in it), so it was kind far from the local drugstore. She'd be at least half an hour.

My cough had calmed down, and I was able to sleep for awhile. As soon as I drifted off, I had a dream. It was about a little boy. The boy had stringy, brown hair and sad, blue eyes. They looked as if he'd seen many loses. (Sorry. Compulsive writer. I had to type that little detail.) Anyway, the boy was sitting in a wooden chair. He was crying. He looked down and said, "I'm sorry. Please. Please forgive me." Then, he looked up, again. I could see that his blue eyes had turned a blood red. He screamed, "GET OUT OF HERE!" I woke up, then. I was sweating and breathing hard and fast. Out of nowhere, I heard the fire alarm going off, downstairs. I ran as fast as I could out of that house. And, when I turned, I saw it go up in flames. Bright red, orange, and yellow touched the skies. I was amazed and frightened all at once. The flames amazed me. The little boy from my dream, staring at me from the window of the room I'd just left frightened me. He was only there for like ten seconds, and then he just disappeared.

As it turns out, there was some chicken noodle soup left on the back burner. The burner was left on, and it had spilled over. I guess something was wrong with the electrical wiring in the stove, and it just blew up after the pot had bubbled over in the circuits.

The funny thing is, my aunt had said she'd turned that pot off right before she'd left. She also said that the top had been on, so it couldn't have spilled over. I TRIED to tell my aunt and uncle that it was the boy from my dream. Of course, they wouldn't believe me. They're the type of people who think that there's a logical explanation for EVERYTHING. I eventually gave up trying to tell them. But, I knew that little boy turned on the gas. He wanted to destroy that house for some reason or purpose. Whatever it was, I don't care. He saved me, and I am grateful to him. If only I knew how to contact him to thank him...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Porrie12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vickarga (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Hello, Porrie12!

I work for a production company in Los Angeles. We are interested in possibly turning your story into a segment for a television series we are working on. Please respond to this message, or contact me at Victoria [at] Karga7.com

Thank you for your time,
Victoria
katiebates143 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
This story is simply amazing. By any chance do you know if contracters are planning to rebuid hear? If so this will most likey disturb the piece with this spirt... But just mabye you consider using a qujia bored.
aswanghunter1 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
i've been following your story, and now I'm really curious. Are there any updates?:)
Porrie12 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
I've made it to MA. I am in my room, now, but I do not feel any kind of presence. I'll be going to the library tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.
Porrie12 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
I agree. I hate people who take advantage of small children. In fact... Never mind.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
Thank you, I would appreciate that very much. It is such a tragedy when that sort of thing happens to ANYONE, let alone a young child like this. I have researched a few other incidences of rapes in small children (as NOT related to this retelling) and I have to be honest. It is astounding that his name was recorded as such. Most that I have seen in print only state the age of the child and if death followed such an act. Even as early as the 1700's. There must be much more to the story of this little man to have so much written, and revealed, ABOUT him. It just points to a bit more, you know?
Thank you again.
Porrie12 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
Okay. I'll have to look up some more info on Tommy too then. It only says on the paper HOW he died. It doesn't explain all of the charges pressed against this man. I'll get it back to you when I go visit my aunt and uncle's place on the 16th.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
Oh, I totally understand about all of that. THAT is why I am only interested in information on Tommy. I do not want a street, a city, any of that. I was only wondering about the county to look up records of HIS LIFE. A rape is a very strong charge, and that should have a write up in some kind of form that does NOT give the CHILD's address. A child would be so protected, if at all possible. In the 1800's the record keepers most generally wrote about the PEOPLE, and NOT their exact known locations.
Thank you.
Porrie12 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
See, whitebuffalo, here's the problem:
My aunt and uncle (my aunt mostly) doesn't want ANY research being done on the house THEY live in. I know it sounds stupid. Especially when a person could just probably hop on the internet and just find someone who died in the late 1800s. Anyway, I really don't want to feel like I'm disobeying them. I'm sorry. It's not my fault. I wish that I COULD share with you and everyone else who's been wondering about little Tommy. 😭
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Well then, that hardly makes any sense. Does it Porrie12?
How abouts you do me a bit of a flavor, please? How about you copy or scan that document that is somewhere in your room, onto your computer and then e-mail it to me. I am having a few problems with something and need to do a bit more research.
On your printed word here, I went in search of little Tommy. My heart was WEEPING for this young lad whose last moments were lived out in such a situation. THIS is what I found.
A Thomas Stewart co-invented with William Edward Johnson an improved station and street indicator in 1883. It was used with railways and street cars to signal what road or street the vehicles were crossing. Their indicator would automatically activate a signal by means of a lever on the side of the track.
I found it interesting that the date YOU provided was also the date of this invention by one of the same name.
This same Thomas Stewart of Kalamazoo, Michigan, patented a new type of mop (U.S. Patent #499,402 on June 11, 1893.) Thomas Stewart had invented a clamping mop that could wring the water out of itself by the use of a lever.
This same Thomas Stewart later invented an improved metal bending machine in 1887 that was able to oscillate.
In South Africa, in 1883 there was a Thomas Stewart (sixteen years old) who was a Hydraulic Engineer. He apparently was very good as he had been recruited from Craigend, Perthshire, Scotland to do the work at the Cape. This Stewart was to be employed as assistant to the Hydraulic Engineer of the Colony, Mr John Gamble.
See my problem?
So I went ahead and looked up the Genealogical and family history of the state of Massachusetts and found: "Mr. Stewart is a blacksmith and gunsmith by trade, and has worked at that business in connection with his farming operations for a number of years. He and his wife have a family of nine children: Sarah C. (wife of William Akers), Martha J. (wife of Wood Curds), James W., Celia E. (wife of Colman Edwards), Mary F. (wife of William McCowns), Thomas C., Andrew J., Susan E. And Emma A. They have lost three children: Nancy P. Died at the age of twenty-five years; Margaret Ann, aged eleven years, and John H. When twenty-three years old."
On Hart's Annual Army List, Militia List, and Imperial Yeomanry List of 1883, I see a Thomas Stewart, but what would an eight year old boy be doing listed in such company?
I have located composers, inventors, teachers, farmers and the like, but no young boys. Would you mind providing a county or a village? You do not have to be specific (meaning I do not ask for an address) as I have no intentions of looking YOU up (please do not take that the wrong way. I only meant that I am interested ONLY in the release of this boys ghost IF he it is still present) and only wish to locate this little man.
Thank you.
Porrie12 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
To everyone who's been asking:

Yes. The following summer, I was able to look into the history of my aunt and uncle's town at the local library. As it turned out, the boy did live in the house that was my aunt and unlcle's. His name was Thomas Stewart. He was eight years old, living in the late 1800s. I think it was like 1883 or something like that. (The document is laying around in my room somewhere.) Anyway, Thomas was playing outside near the lake, and the records say that a man just walked up, and raped him. Then he beat the him to death, and hid him in the woods. (I mean, if this guy was trying to get away with rape AND murder, why didn't he throw little Thomas in the lake? Not that I'm saying that's what he should have done.) So, the people of the town voted on hanging the awful man. I hope he burns in hell for what he did to Thomas.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Glad you got out without injury. I don't know if this ghost was sending a warning or repeating an action that caused a fire. You were sick and you got woken up very abruptly. Could it be possible that you were still not fully awake when you saw his apparition in the window? High fevers can do weird things to the brain. I had a fever, at age 9, that sent me to the hospital and I did hallucinate and had vivid reoccurring dreams until it broke. Not saying this was your situation but it could account for what you experienced.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Is it possible the child's spirit was playing around the house and turned on the stove by accident? And then possibly remembering his life, which might show that he is a child that was always being disciplined, tried to repent and say sorry to you and of course made sure that you wake up and get out of the house? Well, it is indeed a good thing that you were able to get out in time. Might be a good idea to do a research on the previous inhabitants of the house. You might be able to find the name of the child you need to thank for saving your life. 😉
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
Hi, this might be alittle long but I have 2 things to say what happen. Loved your story by the way.
1. Maybe a robber came in the house. He saw the chicken noddle soup turn the stove on the warm it up. When it was done put it to the side. The the little boy scared him to get out. Forgot to turn off the stove and knocked the chicken noddle down on his way out. Then the stove blew and the boy woke you up to get you to get out.
2. Maybe the little boy was killed in that room. And there maybe could have been may killings in that house, and the little boy tried to do something but he couldn't and he felt so bad that he put the house on fire. But he was luck that you fell asleep so he could get you out.
You should look into the history of the house (if you can) but if not try the land.
GIRLIE ❤
NicholeNightmare (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
I have always hated fire. It's just something about it... I always get a bad vibe out of fire, but only when it's a house fire. Everytime there's a house fire somewhere and I go watch it burn, it feels like I can always hear screams and it looks like there's people in the flames. It's scary.

But, other than that, I wonder what happened to the little boy? Maybe there was another house there a long time ago, and the same thing happened to him, but he didn't have time to get out? Who knows... Nice story though, you were lucky.
:)

Bless you.
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
whitebuffalo, very astute. I didn't catch that. Sitting in the chair saying he was sorry, seems like a disciplined child to me. I will have to go with wb on this, perhaps your aunt simply forgot or didn't realize the burner was still on. The boy may have been trying to communicate then realized the danger, thereby warning you to get out. I also agree with Ching, Mass is FULL of spirits of unrest.
Blessed be.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
You know why this story interests me so much?
Because I have done the same thing. I have lidded a pot of something, swore I turned the thing off, just to come back and see that all of the fluids are gone from the pot, and I have saved a new pot for the rubbish disposers.
Here is something to think about:
What IF this little boy were a residual who was stuck in his final moment of discipline? You describe him sitting in that chair as so many children have sat before him, awaiting the punishment for whatever wrong they had done. Have you thought of the possibility that the two situations were NOT connected?
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
What an intriguing story! I am assuming you have no information as to the history of the house?

Wonder if he was trying to help in another way by heating up the soup for you as you were is bed ill and could not turn the stove off, that would explain his asking for you to forgive him.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

God Bless!
SilentOrchestra (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
Its odd, Why would he do something that could kill you but then save you at the same time.
In your dream he told you to get out because of a fire he purposely started?
Or maybe it was an accident?
Hmmmmm 😕

❤ ❤
Porrie12 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
For chingvang559:

I don't think the boy was trying to kill me. If he was, he wouldn't have woken me to realize that there was a fire.
Porrie12 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
For Surya:

Maybe, I don't really think that boy and I could be related. I didn't see any resemblance of him in my dream. I'm blond, and he has brown hair. But, we both have blue eyes...
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
That was scary! Well, I haven't told anyone about the story yet. Because you know how there is some people who don't believe in ghosts, angels, or demons. So that is why I post my stories on here because people like you can believe me! Thank you for sharing your story with us! And also thank you for being a friend to me! ❤ KatieChan
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
Sounds more like he was trying to kill you...Yea, Massachusetts is a haunted little State.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
This was an interesting story. The little boy efinitely came to you as a warning, I have to wonder if this little boy was / is any part of your family. I know your uncle or aunt would not entertain the dicussion, but you never know.

Good story. Thank you for sharing it with us
Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
That was a good story! I wonder why he wantes to destroy the house?

❤ Selinda ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: