You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: That Beautiful Boy With His Dogs

Real Ghost Stories

That Beautiful Boy With His Dogs

 

Alright, this happened a few weeks ago. I was doing some heavy yard work with my mom and sister, carrying saplings and potted plants from the front yard to the back, planting, digging, etc. I was digging a couple holes in the front yard for trees, and it was very hot at the time, needless to say that after about an hour, I was hot, tired, and extremely thirsty. I went inside and grabbed a cami in place of my itchy T-shirt and a bottle of water on the way out. When I opened the door, I spotted a man walking two massive black German Sheppard's along the road. The man was around his early twenties, had long curling black hair to his shoulders, and had a beautiful face. I found it a bit odd that he was only wearing a pair of ripped jeans; no shirt or shoes. I supposed that this was in light of the temperature. However interesting he was to look at, the two giant dogs really held my attention. I watched as he walked them past the house, and a little farther up the street when I decided that it was time to start digging again.

About twenty minutes later, my cell phone went off. As I straightened up from digging, I dropped my shovel and looked up while rummaging around my pocket for my phone - he was there again. He was walking to same way with those same two dogs. Something about this bothered me, but I couldn't grasp what it was. Again, I watched him until he was pretty far up the street. I then noticed that I had let my phone ring until it went to my messages. Vexed, I called them back. I proceeded to dig and chat with my friend for another 10 minutes, and then hung up out of fatigue from the dig. I started to plant flowers instead; much less work-intensive. I was having fun up until I had to go around back for more seeds.

When I came back, guess who was just passing my house? For the third time, the man with the big black dogs was walking down the street like it was the most natural thing in the world. Suddenly, it clicked. THAT'S why the man was bothering me. You see, the street he was following should have led him up around the suburbs and into another neighborhood. To get back to my house would mean he would have had to cut through several yards, cross another street, and climb the neighborhood fence. I was perplexed, and a bit weirded-out. Why would and one want to take a walk like THAT? I looked closer at him now: he seemed to be looking around for someone, or something. I also realized that the dogs seemed to be following a trail, leading him around, not the other way around. I moved closer, trying to get a better look, when I felt something cold blast past me, almost knocking me down where I stood. He turned his head and glanced over at me, looking a little curious, only to continue onward with the dogs.

I was terrified. It now occurred to me that he was NOT a normal person, and that gave me all sorts of thoughts that scared the hell out f me. I ran into the house and locked the door: my family had the keys. They could get in. HE couldn't, right?

Still a little shaky, I did some homework and took a shower. After toweling off my hair, I heard the sound of sirens wailing off in the distance. I disregarded it and went on with doing my hair. I stepped out of the shower and went down the stairs for dinner. Wanting to enjoy the hot weather, I ate my dinner on the porch. I watched a tow truck scoot by tugging the remains of a little blue car, followed by some police and an ambulance. I was sad that the ambulance wasn't running its sirens anymore. Feeling a little down, I turned back to my food.

About 10 minutes into eating my spaghetti, he showed up.

Same street, same guy. This time, he seemed more relaxed; he was smiling and walking along with his dogs at a slower pace. He looked right at me. I was horrified that he was back, but he was smiling at me like a little kid; he was so happy. I saw why:

He had a third black dog with him.

I slammed the door and remained inside for the rest of the weekend.

To this day, I cringe at the sound of sirens. I don't know what it was - can someone tell me who/what he was?!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Absolute_Zero, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

queenlol (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-05)
I think the reason why he kept walking by your house is because, you wrote the he was looking for something, when he was walking his dogs. Well, I think the reason why you didn't like the way the sirens went off, is because I think he got in a horrible accident, where he was about to die, and then later I think he did, and was looking for his third dog because I think he knew he wasn't going to survive, and started looking for his third dog that might passed years ago, and finally got to see his dog again, along with the others too. I didn't want this comment to sound rude at all. I hope you understand what I meant! 😊 😁 😊
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
well that is an interesting experiance thank you for shareing it seems that your freind there may have been colecting lost souls its not uncommon in folklore to hear of such things you are after all in Louisiana as a hoodoo man myself I may have a theory for you it coulda been Baron Samedi he can appear in many forms and is responcible for the dead Thanks again for shareing

Your freind
- The Puppeteer
shellybelly (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
I think that maybe the guy died in the blue car that was crashed and getting towed and was trying to get some help. That would explain why he was smiling after the sirens because they found his body. That would explain why he kept passing by trying to maybe get you to talk to him. Its just my opinion.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Death...thats the only thing one can think of and he was smiling like a little kid? Yea that's him...
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
wow, it does sound like he was collecting dead peoples souls... I would've been terrified too
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
im also inclined to believe that he was collecting the soul of the person. It happened in louisiana, right? I don't know much about that place, but are there any legends or something about a man and dogs collecting souls? That might help.
Absolute_Zero (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
I'm more inclined to believe that he was... Collecting the person who had just died. Is that too weird? Because that's what struck me as to what had happened...
thinkingfunny123 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
Maybe he was trying to find a McDonald's burger he dropped earlier...Hey, don't blame me, my name says it all. 😉
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
I agree with KimSouth. Its possible the man you saw was included in the accident that happened and might be the person inside the ambulance. Its possible he already passed away but somehow, as KimSouth said, the dog did not pass right away, or, its possible that the spirit of the dog got lost and that's why they are walking same block again and again, hoping to see the dog spirit.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
This indiviual may have been in the accident in the car with the annimals and somehow or other, lost one or one did not pass right away. I would venture to say, what ever conclusion you arrive at, this was not an ordinary day of walking the pets, as you have indicated.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!
SilentOrchestra (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
I agree completely with elepe12.

Don't be so frighten! He's not haunting you or anything, I'm very happy that he seemed at ease now.

I don't thing he was going to hurt, it really is fine 😲
elpe12 (2 stories) (12 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
There might be the possibility he was the type of ghost, if that's what he was, that collected spirits, in this case, of dogs. I'll assume the blue car was in an accident and the third black dog was either in the car or was hit by the car and died.

That dog might be why the man was looking tense, like he was searching for something. He might have been searching for the spirit of the dog, and then looked more at ease once he had found it.

I'd say he was like a spirit guide for the dogs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: