You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Visit Of My Grandmother's Dead Friend

Real Ghost Stories

The Visit Of My Grandmother's Dead Friend

 

Whenever I visited my grandmother I'd watch TV in the basement, I'd always have this weird feeling of being watched, I always felt sad whenever I went down there.

Here is my story.

It was New Years and my family and I were sleeping over at my grandmother's house. My younger brother and I were unlucky and had to sleep in the basement. I was asleep for maybe 5 hours when I had to use the bathroom. There is one in the basement you go through a door which leads to the furnace room, laundry room and bathroom. There is only one way to get into the room which was the door I was now walking to. I pushed on the door and confusingly enough it wouldn't open, I pushed harder and it inched open a bit, I flicked the light on and through the crack in the door I saw my grandmother's 50 pound desk was pushed in front of it!

I was hysterical, when my mom got home from her brother's house I told her what happened and she said "maybe the furnace vibrations moved it" my uncle said "maybe it was the cat". I didn't believe any of them. There was no other way to get into that room. Then my grandmother said "It's probably Sadie visiting". I believed her.

Sadie was her best friend who died about 2 or 3 years ago. Even 2 years after that night, I'm still freaked out about going into the basement, and when I do go down there I still get the creepy feelings.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kaitlyn001, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MickeyMalice (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
:::Kaitlyn001:::

Well, the creepy feelings could be contributed to high EMF (Electromagnetic Feild) readings that are most commonly found in basements. People sensitive to high EMF factors have feelings anywhere from feeling they are being watched or feeling nauesiated.
As for the desk being pushed against the door I cannot explain what could have done that.

~G.T. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: