You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

The Mirror

 

Having done with my secondary school, I went to KL to study with C in a college in Setapak.

The first thing we did when we reached KL was to look for accommodation. Being students, we tried to find cheaper accommodation and few days looking for it, we managed to find 1 that costs us RM500 per month in Wangsa Maju. It is in the flat housing area (4-story high if my memory serves me well as this incident happened approximately 7 years ago and I left KL shortly as a college drop out) next to Alpha and Beta Condo. Everything looked fine and it is only about 15 minutes walk from LRT, so we decided to take it.

Day 1: Nothing happened.

Day 2: Nothing happened.

(Probably we were too tired of moving in and cleaning up. Finally it is all over.)

Day 3: When I woke up in the morning, I noticed that my mirror was in the bathroom (I like that particular mirror because of its design). Strange because I remember well that I placed it on top of the fridge in our living room the night before. I asked my housemate, C whether she moved it but she said: "no, I went to bed earlier than you, and I did not wake up until now." Well, I thought maybe I was too tired after 2 days cleaning and moving things in that I forget where actually I put it the night before. I took the mirror out from the bathroom and put it on top of the fridge again.

Day 4: Again, the mirror is in the bathroom. I got really suspicious. I asked C again: "Did you..." I pointed at the mirror. She looked at me, blank. I took it out again and put the mirror on where it is supposed to be again.

Same thing happened for a few days. Finally I told C that "Please stop doing this. I am sick of it. You think this is fun, but I don't think so." C was quite angry after I said that and she insisted she never touched it. C then left for class.

Could it be something else living with us, and since the rental is so cheap... I decided to find out.

I went to my neighbor and knocked at the door. A "makcik" showed up and with a smile. "So you are our new neighbor. That unit had been vacant for almost a year". I then asked the "makcik" is there a particular reason for it? "My son, you must be new. About a year ago, there was an Indian guy rented this unit. One day, people found him dead in that unit. He hung himself in the living room."

Thinking back, probably he did want to see his own reflection on the mirror that I put on the fridge in the living room... We moved out a few days after.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kiing, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kiing (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Interesting, a debate session here. Too bad I am not a good debator, and I am not good in religious issue. I stay off...

Aurorarosa, I can't remember how many times it moved. I didn't really count it (I am wondering if anyone would if they were encountering the same thing) and this happened about 8 years ago. Time flies... Wondering if the unit is occupied now.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
I'm not saying you didn't help ghostluver - and this doesn't need to be a long debate. I respect your faith and beliefs 100% and would never knock that. We just have people world wide with many dif beliefs - just thought you should be more aware of that. Don't stop posting, we like hearing your opinions 😁
Have a great weekend all!
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
He probably didn't know he had passed. Maybe he had unfinished business and decided to stay behind. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Now that you are out of there... No worries?
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
Ghostluver- I agree with the others. I have been reading a lot of your comments and just about everyone of your comments say something about holy water and a cross. Someone might think that it is offensive to just say use holy water or put a cross there. Instead maybe you can say "if you have christian or catholic faith, you could use holy water or maybe place a cross on that door." That would be less offensive. I didn't say anything to you before because I could tell by your comments that you are a young girl and you don't know better. Please keep leaving your comments and now you know a little more. Right? ❤ Jasmin

Ps Kiing sorry for making this a debate. I am going to comment on your tellings next.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
[at] Ghostluver
It is my understanding that a holy symbol of ANY kind (including a cross) is only as powerful as the faith of the person that is wielding the symbol. I think what BriFischer05 is trying to say is that the holy symbols of one religion mean little or nothing to someone not of that same religion, and are thus limited in their effectiveness when a "non-believer" tries to wield them during a spiritual encounter.

Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean that they are being rude. By using that same logic, you are being rude to everyone that does not agree that holy water and crosses would fix this situation (were it still to be happening).
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
omg! I watched the mirror (unr8ed very scary!😲) not 2 long a agoo. Now I have like mirror issuess! Lmao! But ne ways yeah nice storyy! 😊
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
no, you weren't being rude brifischer05, I just wanted to help is all. But if I didn't really help, then sorry 😢
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
Ghostluver, not trying to come off as rude, but the way you speak of using the holy water and crosses sounds a lot like a child needing a Band-Aid on everything from a rash to a bump, bruise etc. While I believe in it's purpose and use - not everyone does, therefore using it would be pointless if you didn't actually believe in it's use. I would phrase your opinions a little better and SUGGEST what you would do in a similar situation. As I said before, not trying to come down on you - I know you attend Catholic school so I'm sure all what you're saying gets shoved down your throat daily - I know, I went to a Lutheran church / school k-8 growing up.

It did sound like the man's spirit was still in the apt. Not sure of the significance of him moving the mirror though.
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
wow, freaky! That's a pretty interesting story. How many times did the mirror move?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: