You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Fright I Won't Forget

Real Ghost Stories

A Fright I Won't Forget

 

My girlfriend and I were sleeping the other night. My girlfriend is prone to nightmares, however usually when I tell her its ok it was a dream she drifts back to sleep. However the other night was very different. I was awoken by a really loud scream coming from my girlfriend, as I could see her sitting up in the bed. I went to calm her but what I saw next did the opposite of calming her.

I saw a figure crouched over the both of us and I let out a huge scream myself. My girlfriend on hearing me scream jumped out of the bed and went to turn the main light on. My girlfriend wears pretty strong prescription glasses and when she turned the light on I saw the figure in more detail. I was swiping like a mad man to make sure it didn't come near her, as initially I thought it was a thief in our room as you hear stories. Even with the light on I could see it, it was gray that's about as much as I can recall. I was very scared, however I got from it was surprised I could see it? My girlfriend could not as was scared and no glasses on however she said she was dreaming of spiders all over the bed and that's what caused the initial screams. She did then say it was like someone was scratching her arm.

I at this stage had jumped out of the bed and turned around to confront whatever was in the bed it had disappeared. My heart was racing so fast I thought it was going to explode. I could not sleep for the entire night and the feeling was eerie, you know when the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. I was getting this for a long time after the event. When I spoke with girlfriend in the morning she thought I was over reacting and said she must have scarred me into thinking of the figure. I can say hand on heart I know what I saw while awake and it was a horrible feeling.

My girlfriend and I started to talk about weird things that have happened in the apartment. One night my girlfriend was asleep in the spare room as I was snoring too loud, she said she had the strangest dream that two men came into the room and told her to come with them, that she was dead, she recall they were not scary but the dream was so vivid.

We also have come home to find pictures on the ground, albeit the wall plugs still firmly in the wall, as if someone had thrown them on the floor. I also seem to get odd feelings when on my own; the hairs will stand up on the back of my neck. I can feel a presence in the room but can't see anything out of the norm.

I have talked with friends and they have advised getting a priest over to bless the apartment. The apartment block is located near a grave yard, an old one.

I am sure what I saw was a ghost/spirit good or bad I don't know and when I spoke with my mam about it. She re-called when I was much younger I was always talking about weird dreams. My parents would have to ask my older brother to pretend to go to bed with me, until I fell asleep. I recall also when younger weird stuff happening all the time, like the bedroom door opening and closing or just the handle going up and down, hearing people walking up the stairs and then would run out to see and no-one was there.

I don't know it may be me that needs to be blessed as I am sure what I saw defies logical thinking?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DunBreen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mejiko (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
DunnBreen- So that is a very vivid story. Frightening yes. But my little bit of advice... Take it or leave it. Sounds like you and/or your girl friend has a psychokinetic ability... Or just a higher then normal spiritual energy that has attracted something to the both of you. I honestly feel like it's a hunter and or psychic vampire looking for it's next victim. It's gotten pretty powerful for you to have both well kind of both seen it. I at that point if it's gotten that powerful wouldn't recommend you saying a prayers... Because most likely with you being inexperienced your just going to piss it off and make things a lot worse. In the bible in says that Leviticus says necromancers, mediums and witches are wicked and that they should be stoned to death... Which I find to be an oxymoron because Leviticus is saying that these people who can communicate with the beings that are no longer in physical form which would include God are evil and should be all put to death which to me sounds like he's jealous and claim himself to be a prophet and wanted to be the one to speak for not and not them who have the natural ability to do so... Blah blah blah... Moving on. My recommendation is to find a medicine woman or man or someone of the earth... Not necessarily a witch... Maybe a shaman type person, a Sage or a cleansing medium I don't know what you actually call a medium that deals in cleansing... Because someone them just talk to spirits and know how to keep them away from themselves but not others that don't understand what they are dealing with... And see what they recommend... Meanwhile get a stalk of sage burn it and smudge your home around all entry ways windows included pictures... Including all the walls. I would do this either once or twice a day for at least 5 days a week. Possibly some other aeromatics to your liking that smell good or perhaps they have some that are specificly for protection from evil that you should smell or keep at bed side. And MOST importently of all... You must remain confident. One of you has a very strong pshycic energy and have the ability to keep it at bay and anything else like it, you must make yourselves GLOW with energy that says stay back... You know that feeling you get when you feel good... That tingling sensation you get all over... That is your energy... You can take it from any of the elements, the earth, wind etc... It is a scientific fact that we all things generate an electromagnetic field... And it's also a scientific fact that some of us know how to control it. You must know what you are powerful and you can defend and offend yourself against anything that would dare try to hurt you your girlfriend or your family.
mslees (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
You don't need a priest to bless your apartment, you can can pray for yourself and your apartment on your own. You sound just like me though, l've always been experiencing weird stuff and having weird dreams & even predicting all kinds of things. Alot of people would say "Ah well maybe you were still asleep, or maybe you were exhausted that time and your mind was on overload" but my favourite one is "You must have been watching a horror movie that day", l mean reallY? I think that you'll probably be experiencing these things your whole life. I'm used to it, a few prayers here and there and the fear and shock of some of these experiences doesn't last too long.
Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
DunBreen, I can assure you, you are not alone in this. I have had several nights where I was in a deep sleep and I woke up feeling as if someone was choking me. I couldn't move. I felt like a huge milestone was on my chest. When I finally did get a chance to move I saw shadows on the wall and the room was empty and no one could have made it. No trees outside either... But the shadows were human forms. From the first night onwards I NEVER slept with the lights off and until date. Darkness in closed areas scares me beyond sanity.
louisem3471 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
hi dunbreen... I no how you feel... I also no one way to rid youself of spirits wether it be good or bad,, get yourself a good bunch of dried sage... Burn it in every room in your home and say the lords prayer and tell it that you demand it to leave your home, it does not belong there and it is not welcome... You need to take control of your home... Let it no it won't bother you anymore... Also try asking your angel for strength... Lots of luck to ya...
PhysicII (15 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-09-26)
I think I know what to do to get rid of them ghosts but its very scary but it works.

First open the windows or if they can't open crack them a bit get a candle And resite the lords prayer if that does not work...

Just 1 problem it can kill you so... To be honest I don't know why I posted this you can get some other advice about this what is more professinal but if yah want use this way as a last resort if nothing else works
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
hey I think I have an answer for you. Entitys can attach themselves to your energy so when you were young you were either born with an entity as in someone close to you like a twin or a brother died and there looking over you or else you were in a place with a lot of energy like a graveyard and the entity got a hold evil or good I don't know id need more information but that's what my take is also have you played with ouija boards or tried to contact the dead at any stage because that's opening yourself up to them if you want to talk further just mail me. Cloud
pinklady1802 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
wow this is interesting. I know this is not a dream you have done the best you can do, bless the apartment etc. God bless you!
DunBreen (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
Hi Everyone,

Thanks a million for your post and good to read different perpectives on what happened or what may have contributed to the bejesus being scared out of me.

I do think it is great people seem to have an open mind here, I was at friends for dinner with a couple of friends and told them about it. It is amazing how some were noticeably uncomfortable talking about it, they would rather do the "ostrich thing" avoid, avoid talking or thinking about it.

Ginko, yeah the more I thought about that dream my girlfriend had it freak me out as she said usually she would dream of people however in unfamilar places. She has questioned whether she was dreaming or awake, I suppose it is easier on the mind to call it a dream!

I don't think we are psychic, however my girlfriend is very interested in tarrot cards and I am usually the guinea pig. My girlfriend's best friend is really into astrology and my birth sign is Gemini and she told me that is proabbly the reason when younger I was picking up on things other people could not.

Surya, I think you could be right too, my dad died when I was 15 and he was pretty young only 56. We had a huge fight the night before he had a stroke which left him unable to speak and eventualy he died a couple of months later in the hospital. I suppose I never got a chance to make up and friends have advised going to a medium.

However I don't think if he was trying to contact me, he would not scare the bejesus out of me in my bed. I am sure if he was trying to contact me he would pick a better time/place?

Thanks for all your reviews and hopefully I can to the bottom of this and get a good nights sleep!
Jlh27 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
Spirits use windows and pictureframes as their doorways into our world so that's probably why they are falling off the wall.
Take care of yourselves! 😊
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
Nice story and a little bit creepy 😐 the think with those two man bothered me a lot? I think it was not just a simple dream, and I think you need a medium for that, =x by the way take care...
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
It is possible for spirits to haunt people instead of places. However it could just be that you and your girlfriend are very psychic and are able to pick up on the spirits energies.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
This was an interesting story. I have to wonder whether there are any unsolved issues you may have from your childhood?

You seem to have carried a lot into adulthood.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-30)
DunBreen--Effin' scary is right. Maybe an examination of what issues are engaged in your heart right now could be useful. Visitors from the other plane can bring us awareness when they're not scaring the bejesus out've us.
What were the subjects of the pictures you found flung off the wall? Any clues there? Yes, the proximity of a graveyard might have some bearing--not far to walk--but spirits are sometimes not limited by space. Could be relatives.
The scratches on your girlfriend's arm might've been done by herself in response to the thought of spiders on her.
You know what you saw, and from your history, it wasn't a one-off. Of course you can ignore it all for as long as you want (or can), but it seems that you should keep those antennae up for other signs and clues to the origin or agent of what's going on here.
It might be tough, I know (believe me, I know), it might be grim, but we have to do what's given us to do. You might consider buying or borrowing a camera, recorder, or thermal devices to try capturing some objective evidence. Whether you're present or not, some of these can be set rolling when you're out of your dwelling. God be with you. A journey has begun. ~ James

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: