You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Cemetery Scare

Real Ghost Stories

Cemetery Scare

 

It all started when my boyfriend and my best friend and I were looking for a scare one night. So I decided that we go to the cemetery to look for ghosts/spirits etc, anything creepy. Upon our arrival we drove around for 20 to 30 minutes and were not seeing anything. It was my boyfriend's idea to park the car at a 10 foot wall that looks into the woods. Neither my best friend nor I were able to look in the dark woods because we thought we might actually see something. We sat next to the wall for 5 minutes when all of a sudden me and my boyfriend both looked very quickly to the right of the car were we both saw a white head floating.

As soon as he saw it he started the car and drove off as fast as he could. That night we did not return because we were not sure of what we have seen. It was not a set up because him and I both seen it and my best friend who was in the back seat just saw both of our heads shoot to the right side of the car. When she told me she did not see anything I was thinking "are you serious, we have to go back".

I believe it was the next night were we returned to the same cemetery for my best friend to see something, and wouldn't you know she saw someone running through the gravestones. Ever since then we have been seeing things like shadows that are not really their, the feeling as if were all being watched, and we've been hearing things. Is this just our imagination or something more sinister?

Other hauntings by katiebates143

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katiebates143, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
For me cemeteries are kind of hit and miss. I don't go exploring them like I used to when I was a teenager. (I don't want to break any laws.) I've had some amazing experiences at night in cemeteries as well as some scary creepy ones. They are a great place to see shadow people darting about. I've even saw a ghost dog walking along a path in an old catholic cemetery in San Luis Obispo, California in the middle of the day and it lasted a good 5-10 seconds. It didn't have any color to it, it was just white looking. That's just one example out of many.
katiebates143 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
well yeah their was tons of other things that of happened to us like when my boyfriend was lying in bed he felt as if someone was rubbing his neck when no one was in the room, both my best-friend and I have seen something look around the poker table at us well watching a movie in the light, again both my best-friend and I have seen a giant white mass float above a hill that was very steep, and we both seen something move the clothes out of the closet and started to look at us, and last but not least I was sitting in my bed looking around my room when I saw a really fast black thing dart across the mirror. The list goes on and on. I was excited and scared at the same time I wasn't sure what to do. 😁
LaughLove22 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
Well Katie,

It seems to me that you actually saw a ghost. Were you scared when you saw it, or excited? I would have been very excited. I plan on going to a cemetery at night one of these days to see if I see anything, I'll let you know when I do.

But you, your boyfriend, and your friend saw a ghost. Has anything else happened since then? Like any happens? If anything has, then the ghost might has followed you home.

But thanks for commenting me back (:
katiebates143 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
thank you for all the comments I appreciate it:) LaughLove22: it was their for around 2 minutes at the end of the time we were at the wall. Also the white face thing that both my boyfriend and I saw was not the only things we've seen, along with my best friend. Maybe it is our imagination but the adrenaline rush is thrilling.😊 OH... One more thing the cemetery we have gone two all gates were open none were locked so we were no breaking an entry:D
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
Interest story I had never been to cemetery at night in my life I don't why but the other reason cause it's lock up gate. Just a repect that all.
LaughLove22 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
This was interesting. I always wanted to go to a cemetry at night and see if I could find anything, just never had a chance. But Like CJ said, your mind can play tricks on you because your so determined and excited to see something that your mind creates images and it even creates sounds in your head that you think you heard. But then when you ask someone, " Ohmygod, did you hear that?" and they say no, it's because YOUR mind is playing tricks because you want to hear something, or see. Some people have very strong imagintations and its very easy for them to see things that aren't really there. Which is why most people don't see the things you see. Also, if you were looking in a light or you were staring somewhere and there was a bright light, looking into that may cause your eyes to see things that the others don't see because the light interacts with your eyes and creates images. I used to think there was someone in my basement from looking into the computer light in the dark. So, there is a possiblity that you saw something. But it could just be you alone.

As for your boyfriend, the same thing, and it is possible for you both to see the same thing, but one question, about how long did the head sit there? That's very important because if it WAS just you guys, then when you looked over, it should haee dissapeared, but if it didn't, then it could have been an actual spirit. It could be of someone you maybe knew?... That was trying to communicate with you, or it could have just been someone that was buried there and maybe didn't want you there, or they just wanted to let you know they were there. There are various reasons as to why you saw that, but need a little more detail.

Please comment back on this, I'd like to know more.

And CJ, I never knew weather conditions can be a part of seeing paranormal activity, can you elborate on that more? I found your sayings very interesting and would like to know more. Thanks 😁

Katie, I found this interesting, and I'm going to experiment on it, I'm going to go to a cemetry and see if I see annything. I will write about it if I do. Hope you read.

Thanks for writing, very interesting 😊
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
I've been to several cemetery investigations and it's something you need to keep an open mind about. There are factors that play into the activity that could be found at a cemetery, such as the history of the area that the cemetery is located, the history of the cemetery itself, the history (lives) of the people buried there. But what also needs to be taken into consideration is the fact that the mind is a very powerful tool and if that fact is not recognized, it is very easy for one's mind to play "tricks" per say on the individual who may believe they have seen or experienced something. For instance, if you spend too much time before hand setting your mind with determination that you are going to see something or that you are desperate to see something, you could very well allow your mind to create an image of what you're seeking to find without even realizing it. You could trick yourself into thinking you see something, or that you heard something when in all reality your imagination has manifested the occurrence. Weather conditions also play a part in false occurrences of paranormal activity in cemeteries. Depending on your resources of people you may know or how deep you delve into the paranormal, I always recommend bringing a person who is sensitive to energy because they are a great tool when trying to decipher spiritual presence. Do keep an open mind though, especially when you "think" you may have experienced something. Attempt to debunk it with every possible logical explanation you can come up with. This includes performing a walk-through of the location during daylight hours either the day of the investigation or the day after. And if after doing so you still can't explain what you saw or heard, then there is a possibility that you had a paranormal experience. However, I do want to stress, as hobbyholly said, to be respectful when you visit cemeteries in search of paranormal activity. Not taking necessary precautions and conducting the investigation with a due level of respect could lead to unwanted repercussions, both from passed on souls and also local authorities.
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
Well, Tonith, hauntings usually occur either in a place that someone was attached to in life (or, in the case of the spirit not liking where they are, bonded), or when that person has a lot of intense feelings during their life/when they die. The reason there's not much activity in cemeteries is because there aren't a lot of people who are attached to a graveyard in life, like an old folks' home. I've been to several graveyards with my ghost hunting team and found nothing (although at one, the whole team saw shadow people, but immediately after, before we had a chance to investigate, we had to leave)
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
It always amazes me what people see when they go to graveyards. Not sure how much of it is imagination and suggestion but the atmostphere is ripe for it. We use to park (like a lovers lane) at our one cemetary and we never saw anything. We did walks in the daytime at the same cemetary and never saw anything or experienced anything. Would walk until a bit after dusk and never saw anything. Maybe it's just me, or the wrong cemetary. I did enjoy the story though, thanks for sharing.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like a movie I saw once. Very active imagination, things always seem to happen in grave yards.

If indeed this place is to frightening for you or causes your imagination to run away with you, maybe it is best not to go there?

God Bless!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
What did you see the first time? A shadow running? (like you claim to have seen the second visit) Orbs? Lights? Mist?

I understand people go to cemeteries looking for spirits. People go to research family, pay respects and find peace. But please, keep in mind to be respectful. It isn't a playground.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
Doctor, it hurts when I do this <patient does motion>. Doctor looks the patient over and says "Then don't do that anymore"

This is not rocket science:
If you are getting unwanted spirits attached to by making recreational trips to the graveyard, quit making recreational trips to the graveyard.
katie100 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
hey, thanks for he comment on my story! X this story really creeped me out, wouldn't go that place again if I was you ❤ thanks for sharing ❤ ❤
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
It could be a ghost. What I'm thinking is that when you went to the cemetery the ghost saw you and attached itself to you. Ghosts can haunt people/places and objects so its possible that your being haunted.
fixbrainster (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
Hi
I just hope that you have not invited any trouble, keep a blessed rosary allways with you, so what ever thing it is will not harm you.
Be cautious take care, God bless

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: