You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghostly Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Footsteps

 

This isn't really a scary story, but I think it's worthy of posting.

This past Spring Break (2009), I slept over at my friend's house. It usually takes me forever to drift off, and even longer when I don't have my nightlight with me (I'm 16, but still afraid of the dark). I was lying awake, waiting to fall asleep, when my friend and the rest of her house had already dozed off.

Now, allow me to just quickly explain something: When someone walks into a room, you can feel their presence, right? Well, I'm usually very in tuned to people walking; their footsteps, the way they feel the sound they make, etc. I can immediately recognize the sound and feeling of a friend or relative when they've walked into a room, regardless of their shoes, the flooring, any of that. I can tell the difference, even when nervous or anxious, between footsteps and contracting/expanding pipes in a house. I know these were footsteps.

Now, that night, as I was waiting to fall asleep, I know I felt someone walking in front of my friend's bed. It was only a few steps, right at the foot of her bed. Not walking through the hallway, opening the closed door, and then into the room, but they just appeared there. I didn't see anyone, and was really too afraid to ask, but I felt someone in the room. I heard their steps. And then they somehow moved from in front of that bed, to behind me. The thing was right behind me was a wall. They walked a few steps in the wall, and then it all stopped. I didn't hear anything after that. I've slept over at her house a few times before that, never feeling or hearing this before.

I told my friend about this the next day, and I recall her saying that she thought their house was haunted, but could not recall any particular moments in which a ghost made itself known.

I plan on going to sleepover for her birthday this Friday.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Princess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Princess (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
I did end up sleeping at my friend's house that Friday. There were a few of us at her party.

I don't know if it was a strange malfuntion or not, but the water hose turned on twice while we were there. First, after we'd just finished roasting marshmallows around a campfire, and were heading back inside. Most of us were in already, only the birthday girl and an old friend of hers were outside. The hose turned on, almost full blast, and they got soaked. At first we thought it was her parents pulling a prank on them, but they were inside playing Wii.
Second, we were all in her room, not five minutes later, the hose turned on again, and ended up spraying the window to her room. Thank goodness it was closed! The thing is, her window is higher up, like, a full story above the ground, and that's all that got wet!
Coincidence or not, I'm afraid to go over! 😭
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
Wow but strange story, I am deaf but can't hear if low sound/noise but can hear if it's very loud like speaker or band stuff but one time I stay at my grandma's house few night and can't sleep cause of noise my mother same way can't sleep either with noise but the other sleep fine we don't understand how, anyway mom told me later that the car was coming to the house haha cause the road is close to the house that why. I do feel someone watch or there when I am alone in my room at night whenever I try to sleep I get the feeling and I look nothing there of course I live in my room in the dark it not scare me.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
Hi Princess,
I really enjoyed your story. I like how you describe how you know the difference between pipes and different people's foot steps. I used to work at a church a few years ago and I could always tell which priest was coming down the hall by their footsteps. You sound like a sensitive. I look forward to hearing your next story!

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: