You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ugly Woman With Black Hair

Real Ghost Stories

Ugly Woman With Black Hair

 

My mom and dad were going on a much needed vacation, and dropped my siblings Alec-10 and Madelynn-3 and me off at our grandparent's house around 8 o'clock. I was really looking forward to talking with my cousin Vanessa who was also staying there. We made ourselves at home, and around 12 o'clock we all had lunch.

We all sat at the small table in the kitchen and I sat down beside of Maddie. Behind us was the back door, and I couldn't stand not being able to see it. I don't know why that door made me feel so uneasy. In the middle of the meal, Maddie began to cry. I asked her what wrong and she replied "There's a monster at the door." I told her that it can't hurt her, but she kept begging us to let her eat in the living room. My grandmother picked her up, and I ask Maddie what the monster looked like. She told me it was an ugly woman with black hair. I froze and thought back to a dream I had two nights before.

In my dream, I was lying in bed in my brother's bedroom. I was staring at his closet when a woman walked out of it. The woman was ugly and had long, stringy black hair. She walked over to my bed and her lips were moving but I couldn't hear anything. I closed my eyes. When I opened them I was facing the wall. I was awake in my bedroom.

The realization that Maddie was seeing what sounded like the woman from my dream frightened me.

Every time we ate in the kitchen Maddie did the same thing. She would cry and shake and say she saw an ugly woman with black hair. Vanessa has seen several things inside of that house, also. I just don't know what to think. Maddie hasn't seen anything else since we've been home.

Is my grandparent's house haunted?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, awesomerific, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

migelito23 (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-06)
I read your story is real spooky and weird about that
Horrible woman with long black hair! Have your grandparents
Seen this monster? Its true that children like maddie sees ghosts
But the interesting part is that have dreamed this ugly woman
kiezechxie (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
maybe the house of your grandparents is haunted huh!? 😲 and ill guess your dreamt that nigth and maddie saws is same ghost in that house don't yah? 😕
awesomerific (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
AuroraRosa: Thanks for the advice! I'll make sure to try that out.

Girlie: 1-She was wearing what seemed to be a tattered white nightgown.
2-I'll see if my grandmother knows of anyone who looked like it. It's hard to put the description in words, but it's so clear in my mind. I'll try drawing a picture...
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
I've heard of people having dreams about family memebers but it seemed they were trying to talk to them but they could hear them. Like in your dream.
Questions: 1: What was the ulgy lady were-ing
2: Ask your gradmother if someone died that looked like that. It doesn't have to be a family memeber though. And have you ever seen a picture of someone from the early 1900's or in the 1800's because a lot of times they'er really ulgy looking so maybe that when she died.
Just a though.
GIRLIE ❤ *hAVE a nICE hAUNT*
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
I think you should ask her to draw a picture of the "monster." try to think of some detail of the woman in your dream, something that a little kid would remember and put in a picture. If it seems to match your dream you might want to try hanging a cross on the door, or maybe giving the little kid one to wear. It might make her feel safer. Good luck with this! 😉
awesomerific (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
Maddie has a big imagination. She talks about seeing monsters often, but I know that she's kidding. This experience scared me because she was terrified. Shaking and screaming. She never does that. 😢
awesomerific (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
My grandfather just got angry over the whole thing. Anger issues... My grandmother also thinks that the house could possibly be haunted. She says that the whole area has a bad history. What it is I have no clue. I get what you're saying, and I wish I could tell you more but what I'm allowed to tell is very little. But I am 16 and the "mean" big sister. 😉 I don't expect a big explanation or answer from anyone.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
Awesomerific--With this slim amount of evidence, it seems a little premature to conclude your grandparents' house is haunted. There are so many phenomena in the interaction of the seen and unseen, the physical world and the mental world, more investigation has to be made.
We don't know your gender, your age, your experience, the mental connections between your sister and you, etc. I assume your grandparents know nothing of this?
awesomerific (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
I've never really seen anything like that. I mostly have strange dreams. Vanessa, like I said before, has seen several things while in that house. Those are her experiences to tell, though.
CupcakeKiller (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
It sounds like it might be haunted, and the fact that Maddy saw what you dreamt make even me feel uneasy. Theres not much you can do, have you ever saw anything yourself?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: