You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghostly O.R. Floor

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghostly O.R. Floor

 

When I lived in Los Angeles I got a housekeeping job at a hospital. The hospital was home to many spirits or as we call them ghosts. As luck would have it I ended up getting the graveyard shift.

That first night at the job my supervisor Maria took me on rounds to get familiar with the hospital and also gave me a preview to the O.R. Floor. She of course, didn't give me a grand tour of the morgue because there was no need to. I got assigned the emergency area and all the other floors except for two maternity floors that I wasn't going to clean. We both ended up cleaning one O.R. Room that night and everything went smoothly.

On the second night I had to perform the cleaning duties by myself and as the night progressed I got a call that I was needed in the O.R. When I got to the O.R. Floor with my cleaning cart and went through the double doors everything was absolutely quiet. I got to the O.R. Room that needed cleaning and was greeted with a horror scene. There was trash and dried blood all over the place. There were containers with brown human fluid that looked gross. As I began to pick up the trash I found some weird hoses that I had doubts about throwing away. I'd been hearing people speaking in the next room so I decided to go ask them what I should do with them. To my surprise when I walked into the other room there was no one there. I shook my head in disbelief and went back to the cleaning. While I was making up the operation bed I could still hear them talking so again I went out to investigate and to my shock the room was empty.

I remember standing in the hall listening to the voices, perplexed with opened ears and wondering what was going on. Before I knew it the environment sounded familiar like doctors performing surgery. It sounded like the voices and noises where coming from a room that was right around the corner, and when I went to go check I could see no one! I could still hear the surgery taking place but it was coming from further down the hall. Since, I could feel fear running down my spine believe me I wasn't about to go explore the unexplained. So, I turned back to finish cleaning and got out of there with many unanswered questions.

How come I couldn't see the surgery taking place?

For some reason that unexplained night the thought of ghosts didn't cross my mind, thank God, because I would have run out of there without a paycheck and unemployed again.

By: Jackeline Lopez

Other hauntings by jackeline

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jackeline, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Grinder (5 stories) (22 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
I can attest to strange things in hospitals. My wife had to be put into the ICU at a local hospital about a year ago. She was in for two weeks. She kept telling me about a hispanic nurse named Rose that was really nice. She'd even smuggle in McDonald's food once in a while for my wife to eat. On one occasion I entered my wife's room and saw a short asian nurse tending to my wife but not being nice about it; just being rather rough instead of careing. She left as soon as I entered (through the same door). I checked on my wife and then went out to the nurses station to make a complaint.

Well, in the end of her stay we found out that there was no nurse named Rose and no asian nurses working in the ICU. But you could tell from the people I talked to that they wanted to say something but were kind of afraid to admit that they knew. They probably weren't allowed to say anything. I'm sure the hospital didn't want to be known for having a haunted ICU.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
That is scary. I would have ran out of there with out a paycheck. Yes a paycheck people.
GIRLIE 😨
princess2 (16 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
It's no telling how many ghosts still hang out at hospitals. Like when you're walking down one of those long empty halls alone. Maybe something just passed by you, who knows right!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: