You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Hooded Figure? Help?

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Hooded Figure? Help?

 

I was wondering if anyone has any information that may help explain...

About a week ago, I was coming home from work at around 3am, and saw a scary figure... Made me think of a grim reaper, except more like a person I guess... Just all black looking/hood with no face, I did see a bag/pile...something beside "it"...it was right next to my car... Going down the four lane highway... It was scary because for a split second, it seemed to appear in front of me, but when I looked, it was standing beside the road... Like on the white line... To the right of my car (I was in the right lane)...it was really disturbing, but I just kind of kept going... And forgot about it... Figured maybe it was just a hitchhiker? I don't know...

HOWEVER, it's a week later now, and my boyfriend started telling me this evening that he saw something today and the same night I did... And before he said anything about what it was... I asked did it look like a grim reaper... His face was scary!...SO...yes, he saw the same thing... Except the night that he saw it, he had left at least 5 hours before me... And then he said he saw it again today... During the day... It was gloomy/rainy and he was about 30 miles from where he had seen it the first time... Now we're both freaked and SCARED...

ANY THOUGHTS? Explanations? Should we be worried? Scared? Help?

TIA!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 2274, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gardener (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-21)
Life's a funny thing and there are things out there to really freak us out, I came across this web-site when looking for an answer, three week's ago I was working in one of my customer's garden's, just doing my thing and not really thinking about anything else and I caught a black figure out the corner of my eye
Just standing there in the garden, then when I turned to look it had gone, today working in the garden my daughter was working with me, later in the day when it had started raining I said to her when its like this, it make this place seem really creepy and I said I wonder if the place is haunted, she replied it's funny you should say that, she too saw a black figure in the garden, for two of us to see the same thing, there has to be some thing in it. We both joke a bit about it and said if we see it again we should say hello and see what happen's, at the moment the customer's house is empty and its a 10 and a half archer site to look after on my own so it would be nice to think some one is at home, but anyway so far the black figure has been seen twice around the same time of day and around the same area, so I'll just make sure I am working in a different part of the garden until later in the day and for now I'll stick with RayvenHawk's answer 😊
Laohg (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
It is not Death for he rides pale Horse. But it might be me or another Death Reaper (an angel of Death/a pagan death god/goddess) or a Shadow Reaper (bravery eater) or a shadow demon.
physicemotions (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
well it sounds like a stalker. Though it could be that something horrible is going to happen to a person really close to the two of you so watch out for friends and family.
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
I have dreamed of this same thing before! I'll explain:my mother died back in 1986 in her bed in the house we were living in at the time. A few days after she had passed on, I was sleeping in my room which was right next to the room she had died in and I had a horrible dream, the scariest dream I've ever had in my life! You know how it's usually hard to remember your dreams upon waking? Well, I've never forgotten this one, even after all these years!
Anyway, in the dream I could see myself laying in my bed asleep, and this very tall figure dressed in a pitch black hooded cloak was standing right next to my bed, apparently watching me sleep. I couldn't see the face but I assume that's what it was doing. All of a sudden, it started to bend over the bed, closer and closer to me and I woke up very quickly in a panic. I was terrified and struggled to turn on the lamp. There was nothing there but I swear this was no dream, that it was really happening! Shortly after the house was sold and I moved out.
I've never had another dream like this since and I'm thankful for that! The meaning behind the dream remains a mystery to this day. Could this have just been a bad dream brought on by the trauma of losing my mother? Could this have been the Grim Reaper we always hear about, coming to collect my soul? I guess I'll never know but the horrifying feeling I got from that dream still lingers on today and that happened almost 23 years ago! If anyone has ever had a dream like this, please let me know your thoughts on it! Thanks!
Kenichi_Taro (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
This is a "hood", an embodiment of all your fears. I don't know how to get rid of them, but they won't do you any harm. They can only scare you.

This also may be a "D-hood", a sign of death. This death will not certainly happen. Being afraid of it only makes it stronger. 😨
JCBparanormalstate (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
TIA! I'm working with a paranormal team, investigating a case of a hooded figure in WV. Where did you and your boyfriend see this figure? I wonder if it's near where there has been other reports of a hooded figure. PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU CAN. We've been investigating for 3 weeks, but the case is coming to a close within the next week. Hope to hear from you soon.

-JB
Moonlit_Catastrophe (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
Seeing dark hooded figures that look like the grimm reaper doesn't necessarily mean death, it could also mean there will be a new born. Maybe someone you know is pregnet? Maybe you are?
normal1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
i saw that hooded figure so I wrote about it and I had told my dad about it before and he asked me if I had ever played the ouija board or done anything that might have contacted dead spirits or whatever, but I never did anything like that so he told me he would figure out what it means exactly cause he saw it with me when I was small so he can't say that it was my imagination. All I can tell you is to pray but it dosent cut it for me nowadays... But it does make me feel like I'm not alone with that hooded thing anymore. If my dad finds out what it means I will let you know.
LRAWR (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
okay okay okay...
1.a stalker
2.a spirit messing with your minds
3. Or a spirit that just wants attention
RayvenHawk (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
First it isn't a demon, or the grim reaper. Second spirits can in fact cover their faces it doesn't mean they are evil.

As for what you saw, I'd say it was a guide for those that die. It seems to be tied to that road and not to you so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

And to clarify the above a guide for the dead is not the grim reaper (he takes the souls of the dead to where they go, meaning he causes their death according to his book). The guide I'm referring to awaits you after your death to move you along.
Arithod (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
i can understand what the others are saying and yes it could be a demon but at this point don't stress your self out about it. The spirit could be a warning or it could be worse. Either way a simple protection bag is a good idea. Try not to focus on the spirit some can gain power from energies directed at it. Also and this is important if you do think about it and a name comes to you do not say the name. In the past names held power and speaking a name could be the same as a full on incantation to call the spirit forth. If you have any questions or the spirit gets violent contact me at Nightbreed_504 [at] hotmail.com
rd2246hmm (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
It's not a good spirit, you can normally see faces or distinguish man,woman,boy,girl,or even an animal when its a spirit that has'nt gone on. This is a evil spirit and if you let it get to you then you will be in trouble! Ignore it, It will try you one way or the other, If your boyfriend seen it. Was it before you or after you? Who ever seen it first was who it was orginally after not that it won't latch on to who ever is the most vulnerable. Dark figures that look like shadows in capes that seem to be just floating or moving extremely fast is not good. I see them often be stronger than it. Have any? I might be able to answer. I don't know why I know these things yet? I'am trying to find out.thanks
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Have you used a ouija board lately? Tried to conjure a spirit? Attempted a seance? Just curious.

A.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
I have same problem the hooded figure some say it's a warning. I don't know what cause of it when I see it that night when I try to sleep.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
This thing sounds more like a portence of bad things to come than a demon to me. Do you have someone in your life who is very ill and may pass away soon?
aarontassin (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
I wouldn't tell it to go to hell. I've had many experiences with demons and they are very evil and very easy to tick off. As well as very powerfull. Praying for them to go away makes them mad and you may have felt that if you've tried. My girlfriend and I have been able to maintain control in our lives through some very simple procedures. Shoot me an email sometime to aarontassin [at] hotmail.com. I'd love to help you out as best I can.
YourLifeBelongs2JesusNeverEvil (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
its a demon that invites nothing but trouble,

I've been there and had the same demon, but it stood outside my window watching me for 3 months,

Eventually your get to the point when you tell it to go to hell.

Your best option is to just tell it to go to hell and live life to the fullest, like life is suppose to be lived.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: