You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Figures In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Figures In The Night

 

When I was around the age of seven and eight I started feeling things behind me but I didn't pay much attention to it. I lived with both my parents and my siblings in a pink house on Gaviota Street. I thought that I had everything and never really cared for believing in ghosts or whatever until I wanted to use the restroom one night and I blanked out but I woke up in my bed the next day. I thought my dad had put me back in bed or that I had dreamed the whole thing but I saw scratches on me and I started to feel scared and paranoid with anything that moved or with anything that made a sound.

I wanted to tell my parents but I figure they would never believe me so I kept to myself. By the time I was 10 years old I started to hear voices and see things that my dad and mom couldn't see. I felt strange things in the night and kept hearing things over and over again. It got to the point where I had to tell my dad everything, at first he thought that I was playing but I never really joked around with him so he figured I wasn't playing with him. I slept with my parents that night hoping that I could finally get some sleep in peace but then as soon as my dad turned off the lights I saw this figure next to me... I screamed so loud but my dad couldn't hear me, I panicked and tried to move away but I felt stuck. This figure kept looking at me and finally went away, I then screamed as hard as I could and my dad ran to towards me to see what was the matter but when he was next to me the figure came back and my dad saw it... He was able to turn the lights on but that figure was gone.

My dad thought that I needed some spiritual counseling but instead he took me to church and I sat there while the pastor and my dad prayed for me. I thought to myself..."everything is going to be okay now"...but it got worse. That night I got scratched in my feet and pulled down under the bed... My sister felt it too since I was sleeping next to her. I was in shock and blanked out for what seemed like hours. My dad decided to move so that I could feel more relaxed and be able to sleep during the night. We moved into an apartment that had low rent and two rooms. I was happy to be away from that house on Gaviota. The second night after we settled in I heard voices in the kitchen and figures in the dark but I was too scared to scream anymore. This went on for three years and then they stopped.

I entered high school as a freshman and felt like my childhood experience had finally gone away, but I started dreaming weird things that didn't make sense or sometimes they were just about me dying. I spoke to my dad hoping he could give me an answer to everything and he told me that usually when people dream of themselves as dying it actually means they will live for a really long time. I believe in what he says but I am now 16 years old and I still see things I'm not supposed to see or even experience... I'll admit that I'm scared at times hearing things while I'm in school or simply walking by myself, but I know I'm not crazy or anything. My dad says I must have done something when I was little... Something that has to do with worshiping someone that's dead or something but I never did anything. I wonder if that figure I saw was trying to tell me something or just trying to scare me... I still see it in dreams and I don't care if people don't believe me but both my dad and I know what happened that day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, normal1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
I would let it go these things seem to come and go as they wish, just be strong and go fourth...
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
NormalOne--I feel most of us posting on this site want to share our experiences with others to help them get through the baffling and bewildering. We're all students and teachers in this life, aren't we?
Bit by bit you may gather information and experiences from others who can put another piece into the puzzle. It may be that the first figure you saw was someone, family or friend, who had died and wanted to get one more look at you. It may be that since you are now in a second house and still enounter phenomena, you have been recognized as someone who can see and hear "beyond the veil," and they want someone to know they still exist. Perhaps when we die on this plain we are allowed to visit now and then.
Ghosts, as has been pointed out often, are people who once lived here. If the entities you witness were intent on harm or evil, it seems they would have done their worst already, and you've been frightened but not hurt.
Have you heard of the play "Our Town" by Thorton Wilder? Check it out. It's often performed by high school drama classes. It isn't a spooky play but does, at the end, deal with the thoughts of those who have crossed over. Wilder won a Pulitzer Prize for it.
Until you can get more information by others, on this site, from books and so forth, and until you can take your time to find professionals who may be able to probe further into this if you choose, I suggest you reply to any more visitations with "Go to the Light, go to the Light, go to the Light." And don't forget about asking the Almighty directly for the way to understanding and the strength to do so, both in a situation and in the quiet sunny golden light of day. Help delayed is not help denied.
All blessings be with you. ~ James
normal1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
james...thank you so much for your explanation. It really is encouraging knowing that there are people like you who care and know exactly what to say to someone. I will follow your advice and thanks again.

-normal1
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
NormalOne--You've had a huge burden to carry for many years, and thank goodness you have a witness and ally in your father. You must be very, very strong to have held up under the strain and stress for so long, and you can honor your courage without shame. It's been proven, however, that neither your father nor the pastor of your church nor a new house nor an interval of relief has given you the answers or solutions. They are not at fault; they just didn't have the tools you need to be free of whatever it is haunts you.
I know nothing about your cultural milieu, so it's difficult to recommend one course of action over another, but be assured that there ARE professionally qualified people and methods out here who can help get to the source and bring you not just answers but relief.
One of the people here posted a story once (it may have been WhiteBuffalo - watch for her, she is wise and compassionate) warning about tricksters who take advantage of people in need, so be cautious and ask for credentials (and testimonies) of anyone you (and your father) seek out. It may not happen immediately, but you will find the right person or persons. Check out the stories of LordRhodium on this site, too. He had a successful outcome. They can and do happen. In the meantime, all the blessed and personal cleansing aspects of the Divine Spirit be with you and your family. ~ James

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: