You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghostly Visitors - Where Do They Come From?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Visitors - Where Do They Come From?

 

I have seen many strange things over the years and the odd person who others can't see. Over the past 5 years this seems to have increased. I decided to take advantage of any early night as my four children where fast asleep and my husband was busy on the computer. (With four children this is rare in our house! I hadn't been asleep very long when without opening my eyes I realized that someone was in the room. At first I thought this was one of the children as they often come in. I called out for them to get back into bed but the feeling wouldn't go. I opened my eyes and suddenly a smallish middle aged man dressed in work boots, zip up rain jacket and bag over his shoulder appeared from out of the mirror in the hallway! He smiled sweetly, waved and walked down the landing! I sat there for a few minutes and thought about whether I had really seen this when I heard another noise. I could hear my youngest twin daughter talking and giggling in her room. Now I will admit I have seen my fair share of spirit people but even this had me a little on edge. I tiptoed out the room and peeped into the room and was amazed to see my daughter sitting up in bed playing with toys and talking, whilst my eyes focused on a tall lady sitting on the edge also playing with the toys. My daughter looked up at me and continued playing. The two of them were enjoying themselves and I backed out the room as I felt that I was intruding!

I asked my daughter in the morning who she had been playing with but she only refers to her as the tall lady. She isn't scared at all but happy to tell me that she comes and plays all the time. I did some research and have an idea that this may have been the previous owner as she was known to love children.

Another week went by and I was sitting in the living room talking to my oldest daughter who is twelve when half way through the conversation she got up and walked in to the kitchen. She reappeared and asked where her dad was. I explained that he was cutting the trees down at the back of the house. My daughter replied that he couldn't be as she had just seen him walk from the hall way right passed her, close enough that she lifted her feet up for him to go passed, and into the kitchen. She described a man shorter than my husband with longer hair and wearing blue pyjamas. My husband doesn't own any blue pairs!

Where do these people keep coming from? I don't really mind but these aren't people I have known to pass on. A friend has suggested taking the mirror off the hallway landing, but I don't think this would help.

Does anybody have any ideas why they seem happy to come into a noisy, chaotic household like mine!

Other hauntings by lankyloo98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lankyloo98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
LOL...I think in the next 50 years, there's a real possibility of a bridge... (scientifically validated) connecting our two realms... People in general will co exist with better understanding and tolerance, websites like this one and genuine paranormal investigators will eventually force the scientific community to act on the facts, although there will be other religious groups not to keen on these types of studies in fear of loosing Territorial ground...that's not to say Gods is not connected but more of a struggle over who's God ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
That is freakin cool lankyloo98! You have a tune into the other side, as does your 2 daughters that you talked about in your story.
I wouldn't worry. They don't seem to want to hurt ya, so I would just go with it.
I only get in tuded every now and then. But I've only seen one ghost in my life. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. But I almost always have the feeling of beening watched, and I might see alittle something something sometimes. But that's really all.
Hav a good time with your ghost lankyloo98
GIRLIE ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Hi there!
Great story! I agree with surya and your friend. Might as well take off the mirror or just cover it with cloth then observe the outcome. They might just be passing spirits and I don't think they mean any harm to you guys.
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
The comment you made about not screaming or running away made me think. Up until you said this I never thought for one moment about being scared. The tall lady and my daughter looked so natural playing together that I felt like I was intruding! As long as my family aren't afraid then I am happy to share my house with them. We are a very open family in regards to ghostly vistors and encourage all my kids to tell me their experiences. God Bless
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Lankyloo, I think your story demonstrates an Ideal bridging of two worlds, we know as a race we have evolved from one point to the current, in parallel... I believe we are spiritually evolving as well, to a point of interaction such as the tall lady and your daughter playing at the end of the bed, with mum tip toeing back... Not screaming out in fear of the unknown or calling 911. Where do they come from... There are probably a few answers... When we die those who cross through the light move into another dimension (another world) sometimes they cross into ours and interact in several ways, a lot of the time there miss understood or confused or looking for help... Or simply trying to past a message on... Badjuu comments make a lot of sense... They are often drawn to energy and sometimes serve a purpose in our own lives for reasons not always clear, thank you for sharing your story.

cheers Daz
binder1967 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
I do believe in high energy drawing spirits. Many occurances around the world of people saying batteries going dead just before you see a spirit. Batteries are energy and spirits use that energy to manifest. A very active household is giving off a lot of energy... Spirits can cling to this energy to manifest. This story has a simular quality to people of all ages and of every culture reporting the same thing. Nice story keep us updated thanks and God bless
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Hi Thank you for all your comments. I suppose its nice to think that they are happy to join our house because of the constant chaos etc. I suppose we are lucky really as our previous house guests werent very nice at all. We actually moved in the hope that we would leave them behind.
God Bless
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Yes as previously mentioned you have a fairly big happy family you are all putting out high levels of happy energy and obviously your home has some history related to it, I think this might be a good reason why you are experiencing this. Regarding the mirrors this has also been touched on, either try covering it or removing it, if it comes out cupboard next time do the same thing I do believe these are portals to the other side.
Though they don't seem malevolent this course of action of course is entirely up to you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Cool story I have read other posts like Surya's about mirrors being supposed 'portals' to the other side. Have you ever talked with these people. I think its great the lady plays with your daughter so nicely, and the man is questionably happy also. I guess you could try covering or removing the mirror but as Nikita said it might pee them off.
I think in doing a lot of research and listening to your gut you'll know what to do. You may even decide to live with them as long as they stay happy house guests! 😊 😊 **LucK**
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Seems like a couple lived there before. Happy couple. They are not evil, and the "tall lady" seems to enjoy being with your daughter and you daughter seems to enjoy being with her too! 😁
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
you should take the mirror off the landing, it would help the spirits find their way, as that's probably what your friend is referring to.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
You ask why they want to come into a noisy, chaotic household? Noise and chaos are a result of high energy. Energy draws spirits in like a moth to a flame. I don't really think in this case the mirror has much to do with anything. I think it's simply the result of the vibes your family puts out. You seem to have a happy family, and the spirits that have joined you in the home seem to be positive.
Nikita (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Hmm, this was a great story. But I would be a little sceptical of removing or covering the mirror up. Though it seems that there have only been pleasant unharmful sprits that have come through, perhaps closing off their means of coming into our 'world' might not sit so well with them? Perhaps do more research on this, well, that's what I would do:)
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Interesting story, thank you for sharing it. I would strongly suggest as has your friend to remove the mirror from the hallway. Mirrors are sometimes a door for the other side. If you do not wish to remove the mirror (I don't think you believe this maybe why you have all this paranormal activity) then keep it covered and see what the outcome is.

Thanks
Surya

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: