You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Boy On The Stairs

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy On The Stairs

 

This is a follow on from my other story, the unfriendly house.

After being in the house for less than 2 weeks I was at home alone in the laundry room apart from my 6 month old twins who were in the living room. Both of the twins started to cry really hard. As I was leaving I started to call to them, shutting the door behind me. The moment I shut the door, I heard a loud bang on the other side. I opened it to find a large dent in the door and the iron on the floor. The iron was kept on a shelf around the corner and there was no way it could have fell, hit the door and landed where it did without being thrown.

Later that evening my daughter appeared in the kitchen, very quiet and withdrawn (not like her at all!) Finally after the tears she confessed that she was very tired and not getting much sleep. I asked her why and she said that each night a small boy would appear at the top of the stairs out side her room, he would then either walk over and play with her little sister in the cot or climb on the bed crossed legged and just stare at her.

I tried to dismiss this as being a new house, new home etc.

As I went to check on both my girls late in the evening I saw out of the corner of my eye something black flash past my in the door way.

My middle son also claims to have seen a small boy on the stairs. This is were I began to get scared. My husband I will say didn't believe this.

I woke the children up for Christmas morning, but noticed that both the children were quiet. My son decided to burst in to tears and said that during the night he had heard footsteps and being exited thought that it was Father Christmas. On peeping from under the quilt he saw a pair of small feet in sandals and hid again. The person then climbed on the bed and started to pull the covers off my son, who was holding onto the other end as hard as to could. When this stopped and he let go, the covers where then pulled off the bed and thrown across the room from the side of the bed. He was too frightened to move and slept all night without the covers on.

My husband didn't believe any of this and tried to make light of things. However he got a taste of the medicine when he was left alone in the house.

I had to go out leaving him in charge of the twins who were eating in their highchairs in the kitchen. He was reading the paper when he heard me call him from up stairs "I am up stairs I need a hand with something" without thinking he shouted back "what do you want" went to open the door fully to the stairs suddenly realising I wasn't in.

He said he heard footsteps cross the landing towards to stairs. He admits that he picked up both the twins, highchairs as well and went outside to the garden. He didn't come back in until I arrived home!

After that we often heard ourselves being called by the other person from other rooms in the house, even when they were not there.

Other hauntings by lankyloo98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lankyloo98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
I'm a little confused. Your last story on this same house, you said that both you and your husband witnessed smoke rise up the staircase only to form into a human shape, before drifting back down. However, in this account you make your husband out to be a complete skeptic towards the whole thing, until he heard your voice being imitated. Did I miss something?
lolzy_34 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
try and find out the ghosts names and try talking to them. Get your children out of the house for a night, get a medium and try holding a seance to find out what these ghosts want. If the medium gets a good vibe off these ghosts and the ghosts say they don't intend to hurt you then I wouldn't worry. However if these ghosts do intend to hurt you I would try and seek a more powerful priest. Good Luck

Lauren ❤
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
Replying in to Lankyloo98's comment, I am really glad that you did your best and that you found some answers. 😁 now, that you know the history and the number of spirits, etc you should try some more things to make the spirits go away, like for example, when you tried to get the house blessed, it didn't work, well that might be because the priest may not have been powerful enough, try getting a really powerful priest and bless the house with great care, if and only if the spirits are not completely gone. I really hope the spirits leave soon. ❤
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
Thanks for your comments. We tried having the house blessed, had someone from my local church come and say prayers and even had a local medium take a look around. Nothing worked. We were told there were seven spirits in all but only 4 making making them selves known. We looked at the history, but as a house in a mining village there had been a few deaths in there.
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
I think you should get your house bless. There is definitely something in your house if it can imitate all your voices. Be careful and pray. Try to see if there is a way to get rid of this entity. Also, try not to be scared of it. It will draw off your energy. If you ignore it then it will get weaker. Even if you get scared, just ignore it and it will eventually get weaker. Sorry, to hear this is happening to you and your family. Do becareful, since you have little ones.
sinisterrotica (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
This is indeed creepy. Don't live in that damned house I don't know how can you take all that?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: