You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Has My Baby Been Here Before?

Real Ghost Stories

Has My Baby Been Here Before?

 

During a previous story I submitted I explained that I had walked in on my youngest daughter talking and playing with a ghostly lady on the bed.

Well during the past weeks she has been telling me things that have made the goose bumps on my arms rise.

My youngest is a twin (which may not have any thing to do with this) but before I was told I was having twins I had been told that it was impossible to have any more children. When I discovered I was pregnant and went for a scan they were amazed that behind the first baby there was another hiding!

On our way back from a family trip to the seaside we passed through a town in the north of England we had never been to before. Suddenly my youngest got all excited and starts shouting "look, look mommy that's like the house I use to live in with my papa" Well we had never heard her call anyone that before and turned to look. She was smiling and pointing at a row of derelict terraced houses. She continued to tell us that she used to live in a house like that before her papa died and she went to live with Grandma. Well you could hear a pin drop as the rest of the family just stared. As we pulled off again she seemed to go back to her happy self and continued playing like nothing had happened.

On taking her to bed about two months ago she has suddenly developed a fear of the dark. She then began crying and telling me to please don't put her in the dark as that was what Grandma use to do when she was naughty. This made me think as she doesn't call my mom Grandma only nanny. What is spooky is that she will tell you something clearly and then it gone as quick as she comes out with it.

After this I was knitting a baby blanket for a friend in a purple color and she wondered over to me smiling. She said that she liked that color and that her grandma had made her a big triangle of this color. When I asked her what that meant (of course looking at me like I was stupid) she said that her Grandma had knitted her lots of triangles to make a big one and that grandma had said it was called a shawl to keep her warm. Her dad just stared as how would a just 3 year old know this?

That night when she was calmer we sat on the bed for chat and she turned with the most innocent smile and asked me if I would like to know about her old house. As I said yes she went on to tell me about how Grandma would make big squares for the floor to keep the cold off (I have asked about this and was told that people would use old potato sacks cut into strips and weaved together to make mats for the floor).

She also said that she was left in the house on her own a lot and that often when the fire went out she would cuddle up to dog to keep warm! The house was she said small and dark and that Grandma would shout at her for being frightened of the dark. She also said that when her papa died they took him away in a big box that she had cried so much her pinny was all wet and that Grandma shouted at her for looking a mess!

I thought this was the end of it but last night she came out with something which has us all spooked. On putting her to bed I tucked in with her favorite doll called Flo. She said that the doll wasn't called Flo any more and that a lady had told her to tell me to call it Doris. Well as the goose bumps came up again I realized that this was my mom's name (which she hates) and that the only person who called it her was sister who died in 2003. Apparently she would call my mom this name just to wind her up.

I don't know what to think. People have suggested that it is her imagination, but I am not so sure. Where would a 3 year old get such detailed information from?

Other hauntings by lankyloo98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lankyloo98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostinsidemychild (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-11)
This definitely sounds like a past life. I work on a show called "Ghost Inside My Child" about children who remember their past lives, and this sounds like many of the stories we have heard from parents. Feel free to check out our facebook page, there are a lot of resources there for parents who are going through this with their children- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ghost-Inside-My-Child/518539941522843?ref=br_tf

Or, you can email me personally at ghostinsidemychild [at] gmail.com
tmari76 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Completely fascinated! My son was 3 when he started talking about when he used to be a big man. I will eventually post that story, rather than usurp your comment space. It is so unnerving when children do this. You first think and hope that it is just their imagination and as they tell more details, you realize that it's something more. Please do let us know if she has said anything else! Thank you for sharing... And for letting me know that I am not alone. My son is 11 now and has no recollection of the things he told us.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
biblefreeme: Thanks for brining my attention to snowhites explanation regarding this story, I have never heard of anything like this before I always like to hear differant cultures outlook on things of this nature.

Cheers

Dan
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
[at] snowhite I love that explanation the chinese do have some strange but very sweet beleifs and who knows its as good an explanation as any western one
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
[at] iluvanimals don't you mean a demon has taken the child over, you don't believe in ghosts remember, and please refrain from starting your posts with I know what has hapend it would make you sound better by saying this is what may have happened you make your self sound so precocious. Do some research you will find this sounds like a classic case of reincarnation a common thing amongst young children who for whatever reason do come out with things they could not have known and when the family have researched prove to be true and proveable.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
After I read this story I googled past lives and children. I found some pretty interesting and compelling stuff. I found a lot of information from a booked called Children's Past Lives by Carol Bowman. It seems like she's found some credible information, though I haven't read the book myself, (and I fully plan to ASAP!) I found many articles about the book and excerpts from the book that were astonishing. I don't think this is very uncommon. Please post updates! This is a really interesting story. I read that as children grow older they remember less and less and that 3 is the age that they are most likely to remember past lives.
IGoRawrX3 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
True, How would a three year old know what a shawl is? I never knew what it was until I was ten! Maybe talking to your daughter in a fun way like "So what did you like to do in that house?" Maybe you could get good information. Try talking to the owner of that house to get info.

She has a past life for sure. Try to write down what she has told you and when she is older show her what she said. It could useful.

Have a nice day! ❤
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Lankyloo98--Another suggestion is to get hold of a recording device and tape conversations with your daughter describing things to you in her own words.
And frightened or not, you'll draw extra power for your use by calling on whatever higher power you may recognize. ~ James
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
This story continues to facinate me I would love to know if your daughter has said anything more of her/the unknown other daughters past life. After reading all the other comments it does seem that there could me another explanation. I was thinking that you might ask your daughter if someone is telling her things or when she tells youe things about the past find out the name of the girl and call her name directly asking her if that is who you are speaking to. Those were just some thoughts. I hope this helps, ❤Kalli
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Lanky Loo--It isn't difficult to latch onto the notion of reincarnation, and yet other connections have been suggested by others here. For instance, could the child your research "unearthed" be communicating the facts to your child?
You refer to her as the youngest, but her twin gets no such information, too?
It may take a long time for the strands to untangle and give you a sense of an answer, but I believe there can be little doubt the factoids are given your daughter from the Other Side. And there's always a reason, but that reason may simply to keep the family aware there IS another side.
From this account there seems no purpose to frighten or threaten you.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
wow very interesting - maybe your daughter is the reincarnation of her? Do you know her name yet? Hmm would be interesting to see if your daughter continues to talk about 'things' until she has reached 6, (unsure how old she is) maybe after that she might not remember anything as the little girl died at that age and their are no further memories.
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Many thanks for all your advice. I am looking at trying to get the book suggested via the internet.
Its funny you said about looking at Census information. I have just looked up my family tree and found records of a child that none of the family were aware of. She died aged 6. It wasn't Manchester she lived in but a run down back to back terrace in London. So maybe its her talking through my daughter as she is recorded as father deceased and living with relatives! God Bless 😁
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
I loved this story. Where abouts in North England was this village? I'm in Manchester (North - West).
Your little girl will most probably forget any memories she has told you when she is a little older. If I were you I'd write them all down. This story reminds me of when I was younger, we used to visit Wales a lot and I vividly remember us all in the car driving down the lanes and stopping every 5 minutes or so to get out and open the gates leading to the next lane and shutting them behind us and driving off. When I reminded my mum of this she looked puzzled and said that was what she used to do when she was a child if she ever came with her parents (it's the same site in Wales she frequently attended when she was younger).
You mentioned at the beginning that you were told you couldn't get pregant again but you went on to have twins? Maybe a past relative has come back to you in a kind gesture so you could have another baby and your daughter is the result. If I were you I'd do some research of your family background. Try Census Returns. Your daughter could also be your great great great grandma? Hope you find some answers x
JamesL (8 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
'Iluvanimals8' Do you know anything about reincarnation? Perhaps you should read a book or two. It's a classic case of a past life recollection.
Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
-4
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
I know what has happened. A ghost has taken over your child's bodie and is remembering and rencounting its memories from when it was alive. But don't be afraid, the same has happened to my brother and eventually the spirit will leave unless the child enjoys it's company, its the child's choice.
If you don't have a pet then get one. The friendship that the animal has to ofer will have the child reject the ghost. I recremend dog or cats. Horses work too thou 😉
ObjectiveBystander (2 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
Hi,
I thought you might be interested in a book I read a little while ago: "Old Souls: The Scientific Evidence For Past Lives" by Tom Schroder.
Its a very interesting read and quite pertinent to your situation.
Cheers.
Ghostwolf (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
It could be a past life, it could be someone talking to or through her, it could be that she's a very clever child. I knew things like that and much more when I was three. I used to play out mafia, Tudors, and the roman invasion of Britannia when I was three. I also had a little help from the odd spirit and would often tell my mother things they told me. And it scared her badly. So who knows?
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
I believe that your daughter may be recalling a past life. I don't think a 3 year old child could make that information up. It must be terribly frightning for you to go through this I know I would be. Ask your daughter who she's talking to and to tell you more about the house she used to live in. Maybe even ask her what her name used to be so you can look it up. Those are just a few sugestions I can come up with.
I hope this helps, ❤Kalli
Amyleeea (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
Thats really weird, you should ask her if she remembers more about it, I have grown up to believe that everyone sees ghosts as young children (like imaginary friends) but after a while children cannot see these anymore, some people can however still see these things that they saw as children. Maybe your sister was watching over you and trying to get you to recognise signs but eventually realised you never would and somehow gave you twins, she probably knew one would have the ability to see her therfore teching you things, you should ask if your daughter knows her papa's name and do a search on him or her grandmother.
Hope I helped 😕
zeetha (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
It's a reincarnation I think. Your baby was talking about her past life. But some people said it will disappear when she's grown up.
snowhite (203 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Chinese people think after people die, their spirits go somewhere and they were given something to drink. The drink will make their spirits forget everything happened when they were alive. The spirits have to wait for their turns to come back to life to start another cycle again. When a woman is delivering a baby, at the very moment before the baby comes out of her body, a spirit and the baby's body mix together and a new life starts all over again. But some people didn't drink enough the stuff that can make them forget things happened during their previous lives, so they can still remember what happpened in their previous life vividly. It happened everywhere. I read something about a little country boy who told his parents where he was born and who his wife was, how many children he had, what their names are and how he died. He parents took him to that place and proved everything he said was right. He even told his parents where he hid the money and he was right about that too.
TessaGonzalez (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Sounds like it may be a case of reincarnation. According to what I've read: As kids get older they remember less and less.
seventhz777z (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Very eerie. I sounds like "someone" is definitely talking to her, and perhaps even speaking through her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: