You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hat Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Hat Man

 

So my name is Morgan and I'm 14 years old and have had a lot of stuff happen in the last year. It started when I was just about to start 8th grade. I started seeing a lot of weird shadows like bounce around my kitchen along with hearing my name being whispered a lot. It would be either in a teasing way or in an urgent way.

A couple of months ago I saw this man standing at the end of my mom's bed but you couldn't really see his features. He was a shadow and had a hat on. Then I saw him standing outside my door. He's tall I mean tall, my door is between 6-7 ft. He was about as tall as it. Then I saw him again standing next to my bed but he was pretty much black.

I haven't seen him since but the weird thing is, I have a bunk bed and I have the top one, when I saw him by my bed, my sister didn't see him which is weird because he was right there like in her line of vision because she was watching TV. No one can hear what I hear or see what I see.

The only thing she's seen or heard was breathing around her in our basement (I hate it down there I know something is down there. Something growled my name when I walked by the basement door) and she saw a black figure fly past her when she was looking into the TV. (It was off and she was turning it on) The only thing my older brother has seen was a little girl who was really white and I think I heard her giggle and walk behind my bed and ask for help after the light in my bathroom blew. (Sorry these stories don't have anything to do with the guy)

Does anyone know why I'm the only one that has seen him, why he's here, and what does he want?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, twilightzone94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-23)
I see spirits like that and they just seem to be watching you or if you look at them they quickly dart away. I've heard whispers once I'm my room when I was half asleep and then heard my name as clear as a bell be whispered in my ear. I can't remember if it was a male or female but I could feel the breath on my ear.
dollhex (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
I don't know if you are a active member... But I was searching google to see if anyone else had seen the tall dark figure in the top hat. I have not seen him since I was a teen.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
elner:
It can be a gift or curse depending on your/one's personal experiences. I think at first it can be scary for someone, but over time it may become more easier to accept. Everyone is different. Everyone deals with these sorta things in different ways.
twilightzone94 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
thanks for the comments but I havnt seen him sense which I'm glad for. He kind of creeped me out. It felt stalkerish. Lol. Weird thing is this stuff started when I changed my normal "schedule".

Like I stopped going in my basement result: everything started. I left for tennessee result: hunched over pitch black shadow in my room. But it seems like whatever it is or who ever they are only want me to see and hear them example no one else has heard or seen anything and it doesn't do anything when my friends are here.

Anyone know why? Thanks
elner (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
sorry about that this is not related to your story but if you see ghost I don't see why they call it THE GIFT I mean if you see them... You get scared and stuff if you dont... Your happy:) so its more like a curse?
chicken (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
It seems as if everyone in the house has their "own personal ghost." That's interesting. You see the hat guy, your brother sees the girl, and your sister sees the thing in the basement.
Stacier90 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
You can always try communicating with him but be careful because speaking to angry spirits can get very dangerious. You could try spirit writing or something like that but be prepared for straight forward answers. Also like hobbyholly said, try finding some history on your house and even the land it's built on. Try staying away from teh basement because there are angry spirits out there who only want to cause damage.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Being 14 your hormones and such are starting to kick in. I've been told teenagers/pre-teens are more sensitive to experiences.

THAT or you have a gift/this "man" has chosen to appear to you.

Do you know the history of the home/land? I don't think there is a solid answer for "why do I see him" or "what does he want" quite yet. I don't know why I use to see the things I saw. I don't know what they wanted. Keep us posted. Possibly more info on your home/land might be of help
yellowbelle (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Probably because not everyone have the gift to see and hear these creatures...

Maybe you can try talking to him, and try to know what he wants...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: