You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Fire Alarm Went On, When My Brother Was Dying

Real Ghost Stories

Fire Alarm Went On, When My Brother Was Dying

 

My brother has had a brain tumour since he was 17 years old, when he was 29 years old it started to grow, and we knew that time was short.

It was in 2006, the 20 of July about 6.00 am me and my mother woke up because of our fire alarm went off (My brother, had always told us, that we should get it up on the wall, but it was just laying on the floor) it was weird because there was no smoke, and the fire alarm was not out of battery, it was just ringing with no reason. My mother turned it off, and we got back to sleep. 3 hours later the phone rang, it was from the hospice. They said that we should come, because my brother might die soon, at that time he had been in a coma for two days.

My mother and me picked up my sister, and drove over to the hospice, to be with my brother for the last time...

At 9pm an alarm at the hospice went off, at the same time as my brother died. We just assumed that it was an alarm, which starts when the hearts stops beating,... Later the doctor told us that they don't have such an a alarm, and that it was the fire alarm at the hospice which went on...

Was it my brother's way to say goodbye? Or was it just a weird coincidence? I will never know...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jamloui, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
Firstly sorry about your brother. What you experienced was actually your brother's soul saying a final goodbye to you all as he was the one as you mentioned used to remind you of the fire alarm at your home. Secondly sorry for the late reply. May your brother's soul rest in eternal peace.
amy111 (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
this made me cry what a sad story this is. Well maybe it was someone watching out for you to put the alarm anf your brother to die at the same time.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
Oh,I'm so sorry about your brother.I hope you and him are happy.Nice,yet sad story.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
My fire alarm goes off with great regularity. It's my husband making toast that does it. 😉
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
I agree with some of the other readers. I think it was your brother saying good bye. His way of letting you guys know he's ok and going to a better place. 😊
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
it was your brother saying goodbye <3
My fire alarm went off a few days ago for no reason, and it was a ghost. But for me it didn't sound too nice... I think I'm being warned of my own death... ^^' I hope not o-o
What a sweet story though... <3 my condolences to your family </3
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
If I could hazard a guess then I would say that it was your brother. I'm very sorry for what happened to him, by the way. I bet he just wanted you and your family to know that he loves you and that he says goodbye. I hope this helps at all.
old_ky_home1047 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
aww this is sad): I'm very touched (: youre a good writer & I'm glad that you were strong enough to post this story! Thanks!

❤ old_ky_home!
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
It probley was your brother just saying goodbye in an unusual way. Good luck with publushing your ghost stories on this site. ❤ Katie

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: