You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Old Man At The Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Man At The Door

 

This happened to my cousin two summers ago when she went to Morocco since she lives in France and she wants to know what happened.

She went to sleep early in our grandparent's room because she got mad about something. She went to sleep and since there was a wedding party going on at a neighbor's house, the music woke up my cousin in the middle of the night. When she turned in the bed, she was facing towards the doorway and she saw an apparition of an old man with a long beard at the door. At first she thought she was dreaming so she pinched herself like people do on TV and stuff. She said she felt the pinch so she was awake.

She got very creeped out so she turned towards the wall for about twenty minutes. She was conscious and very aware of what was going on so she was very afraid. She peeked back a few times and the man just kept on staring at her and she was too afraid to shout or anything of the sort.

She kept her head towards the wall since she was afraid and when she looked back once more, the old man was gone.

She was very afraid so after the man disappeared, she stood up and turned all the lights on and went to sleep in the room where her family was staying.

We've posted this story on a forum for experiences and some people said it was sleep paralysis but we researched it and when you have sleep paralysis, you cannot move no matter how hard you try for a little bit and you see weird things since you're awake but your body is sleeping at the same time. Some other people suggested that a man broke into the house but that isn't possible since the house is very safe and we always lock the doors before everyone goes to sleep.

The house was built; it wasn't bought so no one died in the house but who knows about the land before the house was there.

My cousin doesn't believe in the paranormal much but if she finds out this is a real ghost she'll definitely freak out and become a believer.

Since I'm staying with her family for the summer I can see if I'll experience the same thing as her since we're all going to Morocco in two weeks.

Also, I'm the only one in her family who happens to believe her so if anyone has similar experiences or can see what she can do, please comment on it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nady911, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bulbul (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-21)
I think it was due to we have always heard that We should not sleep where the door is visible just on opening the eyes. Because entrance is the place for non-humans...I have heard something like this. Perhaps it was due to this.
Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
This it to: Syeetaque sure you can talk to me!:D 😊 I'm Muslim!:D:D:D:D:D:D
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
salam... How can I contact you a this moment?
I am a muslim too...
Hope you can email me...
I would like to have a chat sometime... 😊
NanaBanana (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
woah, that seems so frightening.
I don't think it was sleep paralysis either. If it had been that, then she wouldn't have been able to move whatsoever. I guess she couldn't move because she was so frightened.
But I hope something like that doesn't happen again because it must be terrible to be awake and aware of something frightening going on and not being able to do anything!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
Your story remindes me of one of mine. The man in the white suit, maybe you should read it. I don't know hows that going to help but it might. I like your story by the way.
GIRLIE ❤
Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
I think Tonith is right... Weeooooooooweeoooooo >_< 😆 my cousins is NOT going to be too excited about this...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Sometimes its just a ghost. If one is awake and knows it and there is no other explanation then I guess she just encountered a full blown apparition.
georgia_peach21 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
hey my mom had a same kind of diff experience as that when she was younger. She was about 7 years old or younger and her unkle had just passed away in the room down the hall of her room and before he past away she heard a loud noise comin from his room she went and told her mom to go and check on him. He was dead. And about a hour or two later she was laying in bed, she couldn't sleep knowing what she did about her unkle. Then all of a sudden she got starttled by somthing at her window when she looked my mom says she seen a old man wearin a long black cape with a black rimmed hat! He just stood there watchin her for about 5min. And still until this day she has seen him agian and agian! Just wanted to share that with you! 😐
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
it is possible that the man could have died on the land, if you have any more experiences to tell, I am all ears! 😉
Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Dramergal72 yes that is exactly what I meant but I don't know if someone died on the land but I bet at least one did.
SapphireChild (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Nah not a sleep paralysis. Maybe she went off somewhere before home and the spirit had followed her.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
It's nothing to do with house I believe you say nobody died in the house but only people did died on the land not the house like land before the house was build.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Yeah, doesn't sound like sleep paralysis since she could turn around. Hopefully you have some experiences so you can share with us!
amanda_lynn (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
My theory is that possibly there was a family or someone living there earlier in the years, before your cousin. Maybe someone passed away there?

If it's possible, you should look up the history of that land, and see if anyone died there or if there are people around who know about someone dying. Just a theory... (:

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: