You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Name Whispering Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Name Whispering Ghost

 

My story takes place in the Cumberland Mountains of Tennessee, about 60 or 70 miles from Chattanooga. The summer of 2008 was a really hard one for me, my boyfriend was in jail and I hated being home alone so I went to stay with my aunt, who has grandchildren close to my age. I figured it would be good for me.

They lived in an old house that was kind of run down, but auntie got a deal on rent and the size was perfect for her and several girls. We were rarely alone in that house, teenagers hung out all the time but sometimes on Friday or Saturday nights we would have a few hours of peace and we would shoot pool in the basement or play cards.

One night, around midnight, my uncle and I were the only ones in the basement and he was shooting pool, I was just sitting at the little card table we had down there. I was so quiet in that house, quieter than usual. Things just seemed tense, like it was about to storm. I was trying to relax to go to bed and not having much luck; I was pretty much lost in thought when someone whispered my name. It was so soft, I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman's voice, but I know it wasn't my uncle because he didn't have a clue.

Other creepy things happened in that house, but none of them had been directed at me until then. I told my uncle I didn't feel so well and that I was going to my house for a couple of days and I left that night. A day later, the house burned to the ground and my cousin, the only person in the house at the time, barely escaped. Guess where the fire started? In the room where I slept, caused by faulty wires.

I have cold chills right now thinking about it, because at night I take a medication called seroquel, which makes me sleep very heavily. If I hadn't have gotten so creeped out and left, I might have died in the fire!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jreed5909, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cmordies (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
i agree with galvon probably your senses or guardian angel you ither are phsychic or you have a guardian angel
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
Sounds like you were in a very meditative state when that happened - a good warning. Be careful with the Seroquel. They tried to prescribe it to me but I couldn't stand the 'knock you on your [at] $$ feeling' it gave me.

Take Care
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
it was probly a ghost or gaurdian warning you from danger. And that was probly there only way of saying it it mightve been a family member that passed away whose protecting you or a angel. Who knows your safe now that matters

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: