You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Paranormal Or Not?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Or Not?

 

This is my first story on this site. I have just recently become a member here so here goes. Let me tell you a little history first. I have always had a fascination with the paranormal, but have not had any experiences of my own.

And to tell you all the truth, I would love to have an experience, like it says in my profile I think it would be an awesome experience more than scary. And I keep my eyes and ears open everywhere I go. Who knows maybe one day I will get what I ask for, until then I will continue to learn as much as I can about the paranormal.

This story however is a short account that my wife told me a couple days ago. So I am putting this up for her and I would like some answers myself. My grandmother, the whole family called her Nanny, had been battling cancer for over a year and a half and lost the fight a month ago in June. She was truly the backbone of the whole family helping everyone out, when she could, with money, always there to tell us how it was if we were doing something wrong and praising us if we were doing things good, an awesome woman and a great believer in Christ and a Christian. Many of times I can recall her standing up in church and giving a moving testimony for all of us to hear. I am a Christian to and try to live my life as best I can but I'm not perfect, just forgiven.

Her husband my grandfather died of cancer 4 years ago too. Anyway let's get to it. Like I was saying a couple of nights ago my wife and I were watching T. V. And just out of the blue she told me that she talked to Nanny a couple nights ago. She said that Nanny appeared and spoke with her, she asked Nanny if she was happy and she said that she was very happy, and my wife told her that everyone missed her very much, and was told by my grandma that she knows but its ok that everyone will be together again. Now knowing my grandmother and the faith she had in God I would think that she would be in heaven, but I wonder if she is hanging around as our guardian or to watch over us and is there to appear when we are going through a hard time and be there for us like she always has been. The reason I am saying this is my wife has been laid off from a job she got paid well at and has been going through a rough time with it, and has been unable to find another job because of the economy. My wife didn't give much of the other details if there is any, but nanny left her with some encouraging words and told her that everything was going to be okay even though it seems hard right now! Knowing my wife still being a very strong grounded young woman thought that she was only dreaming and started crying, but after Nanny had "left her presence" she was still crying. She does not know if it was a dream or real.

We both are confused as to what it was. Anyone with any comments or help would greatly be appreciated. And if anything else happens I will let you know.

Other hauntings by skeptical78

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skeptical78, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
skeptical68--Very interesting I should read your story directly after I was doing some thinking about this side snd that.
Bri's comments bridged my meditation and your story in a way I'd like to offer you: Where there is harmony, discord is not.
I thought of it in this way for you and your wife. If your grandmother could appear (whether you call it more than a dream or not quite sure a true apparition) in your house with a message for you both, it means (to me at least) that your house is blessed. And those who dwell in it.
For where your gran was, discord is not.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
This could be interpreted in 2 different ways but I feel that yes, she did have a visit. Do I think she will stay around, no. She will however pop in time to time to comfort you and your family in subtle ways. She has moved on and is at peace physically and emotionally.

I am sorry for the loss of your wife's job - I know it can be tough. Take it from a fellow North Carolinian - the sun will always rise tomorrow whether you have $1.00 or a million. Take comfort in knowing that Nanny has moved on and is at peace and concentrate on you and your family 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: