You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Child Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Child Ghost

 

It was my second apartment. It was a fair size, nice building and a large and very beautiful court yard. For the first few months it was quite peaceful. Then one night I heard a crash coming from the hallway in my apartment. My boyfriend was asleep so I thought it was my cat. I walked into the hallway and nothing was there. The cat was asleep in his cathouse and nothing was broken.

As the weeks went on I heard more strange things in my building, a kid laughing, things breaking, and doors slamming. My TV would change channels on its own. You could look at the remote and watch the buttons being pushed down on there own. The bathroom door would shut and lock on its own (and that's a feet seeing as if you put all your body weight into it you still couldn't close the door all the way), the lights in the kitchen would flicker and sometimes you would see a little figure standing in the hall from the living room to the kitchen, he'd smile and run down the hall.

I was getting a little tired of this and asked the landlords if they knew anything about a child haunting the place. They told me that when the place was built a lot of the court yard was a pond. They drained it and made it all a garden after an 8 year old boy had drowned in the pond. They also assured me I wasn't the only one. They had more than a few complaints about this ghost. More or less I just had to put up with this until I moved about a year later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, virgo_girl_16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LewisR (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Just another child ghost trying to get attention, and probably get's amusement from scaring you.
renfestgirl (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-04)
I don't think the kid means to be bad. He is not being; probly just playing around. 😜
virgo_girl_16 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
I was fine living there. It was just bothersome at 3 in the morning and you hear things breaking or the tv turn on. Things like that.
To Jasmine; I don't think he knew, I think he thought he was still alive and just playing around and your right. Virgo's are really good people.
To Pie; I've moved out years ago. I did try a couple times but I don't think he knew he was dead and didn't want to change. I really didn't have any fear of him, he was just playing. I only wished he'd leave the channel when I was watching something LOL. 😉
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Thanks for sharing your story! Are you planning to clear the spirit out of your place? Even though it dint harm you so far, who knows about future!
Spirits gain strength from your negative emotions like fear, anger etc. Being calm (which in these situations is difficult) may help a little bit, please don't shout or retalliate because it can harm than do anything good!
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Hey I'm a virgo too! We are good people. I found your story to be exciting. I bet you never knew what would happen next. I am sure at times it was creepy and annoying at the same time because you may have just wanted peace. My concern is that the boy is dwelling in this place instead of somewhere better. I wonder if he knows he has passed away... ❤ Jasmin
inyourpocket98 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Wow! I would be really scared if there was a spirit that strong in my house, lol. My house was built in the victorian times and I hear and see strange things but it's not that bad. I have not told my landlord anything yet.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: