You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Race With Death

Real Ghost Stories

A Race With Death

 

I recently posted this story on a similar website but one discussing spiritual experiences. I've noticed the site doesn't seem as popular as this one does, so I am hoping to get the feed back I want. Here's the story...

When my bother-in-law was 16 he became quite poorly and was rushed into hospital where tests were shown that he had Meningitis. He was poorly for quite some time. Within minutes of turning up in Casualty he became worse as the doctors tried to find out what was wrong. My other brother-in-law and their mum and dad were sat at his bedside, as he seemed to drift in and out consciousness in A&E.

Fortunately he survived and made a full recovery!

But during the time he was under going tests and drifting in and out he recalls the room becoming brighter, so bright that he was forced to shut his eyes. On opening them again he found he was not at the hospital but on some sort of racetrack, and running by his side was a black figure with no face. He too was running. During this experience they both began to run faster and faster, he says he was out of breath but knew he had to keep running and beat whatever he was racing - which he managed to do! He says he woke up, from becoming unconscious, as soon as he over took the black figure that had been running with him.

Was this a race with Death? If he had lost would he have died? I truly believe that my brother-in-law ran for his life.

I have heard stories on how people see their life flash before their eyes in a near death experience or how they see people/lights/images as they're weakening - and have lived to tell the tale!

I believe some people get called to their deaths and will go at ease, others simply have a second chance to use their mental abilities to beat it - especially if their not ready.

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shubham (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
i almost died once and I saw that light. And I know how it feels, when your 3 seconds away from the death
sammi993 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
wow I agree he was running for his life! Glad he won. God bless you both x

-samantha 😊
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
I've been puzzled by cases where some people suffering from the same disorder for similar causes die, and then there are those people who seem to defy death. I think maybe the message here is "don't give up." The faceless black entity is a little disturbing..., although it hints that there is a spiritual dimension to his experience. I am very encouraged that he survived his illness. And he has an interesting story too..., one he might use to encourage others. 😁
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
Thanks again for your comments - I enjoy reading them and peoples opinions on what they suggest happened to him.
Trudy I think it was a test to 😁
Cassii, sounds like your father had the same experience... Strange.
Hanbobs x ❤
Cassii (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
Wow. God bless you and your brother! I do believe he was racing death. My own father had just about the same experience, except he was swimming. Weird.

😕

Love,

Cassii ❤ ❤
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
Dear Hanbobs,

I think death was testing your brother-in-law, to see if he really wanted to live. People cannot out run death because death is a spirit. I think death wanted to push your brother-in-law to see if he would fight for his life. Well I'm glad that your brother-in-law passed the test.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
I am thank full that he won. I have had 5 relatives/pets who raced with death and none of them won 😭. Sorry about that back to normal mode 😁 book_luver ❤
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
Thank you for your comments 😊
Wow march2 that is quite a similar story. I hope your dad is well now!
march2 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
I have to say that this is very ironic my father who had been shot 7 times he actually died but came back.
He told us that he was running in a garden towards what he said looked like the tree on lion king that mufasua died under but the tree was light in the shape of the tree while he was being chased by a black shadow type of figure. He told us that he made it to the tree and embraced it, then he woke up in a hospital. I have to say that being shot 7 times he was back to normal within 10 months. He said those exact words I was in a race with death.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Hello,
Yes, glad to hear he kept running and certainly, I do agree that he was running for his life! 😨

Glad he made it! 😁
Claudia
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Yeah. It's pretty creepy to think of how close they were to death. How they came into contact with the other side, and survived. It's hard to put into words.
My mum says you only reach the other side if you believe though.

God Bless.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Thank you for your comment Lily. Both our stories do relate. I guess it just goes to show that there is something else out there. I'm glad your Mum came back. 😁
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
One of my stories about my mum, 'Am I Dead...?', can relate to this also. My mum claimed to see her own dead mum who told her to wake up as she was needed and she couldn't be selfish. Weird.

I believe your theory that your btother-in-law may have been racing Death.

I'm glad he won. God Bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: