You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Hooded Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Black Hooded Figure

 

My boyfriend has had many spiritual experiences with a black hooded figure. At times, he has seen it in the distance, sometimes watching him or even following him at times. He describes the figure as very tall, around 7 feet in all black with a hood that is lowered over the face. He tells me that he has never seen its face, but on one occasion saw its red eyes. It does not really communicate with him and has not in a while. However, he described that a couple years ago, when he was in a bad phase in his life, it did speak to him. He describes its voice as being very low, inhumanly and almost as if it were ten different voices speaking all at once. The spirit was very threatening and demanding, telling my boyfriend to harm others and himself. Since then, it has not spoken to him. He had not even seen the figure for almost a year up until yesterday.

My boyfriend was walking late at night on a very dark road when he heard footsteps walking behind him. Whenever he would turn to look around, the footsteps would step and he would see nothing. This went on for about 15 minutes until he turned around and saw the figure only ten feet from him and approaching quickly. He said that he started to run from it and when he peered behind his shoulder it was literally right behind him. My boyfriend started to pray, but the spirit did not leave him. It followed him until he got to his destination.

My boyfriend I are very confused as to what this may mean or if this is a sign. Yesterday was just an average day, he doesn't recall having any negative feelings or thoughts and as far as we know, it truly seemed to occur out of the blue. Another thing is that the spirit has never made its presence known unless my boyfriend is by himself. He wonders if the spirit is of an evil nature, or could it be a different one from the one that spoke to him? And also, what should he do when he sees this spirit, even when prayer doesn't seem to make him leave.

Another thought my boyfriend had would be that he sees them because of near death experiences he had, or possibly from witnessing death first hand. (During both of these occasions the spirit was present.)

Anyone with any similar experiences or information would be a great help. We are kind of at a loss about the whole thing and really don't know what to make of it. Thanks much!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rachill7982, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gemma_94 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Im sorry this comment is a bit late, but I have experienced something very similar. When I was a little girl I had a speech disorder which meant that I couldn't fully understand what people were saying to me, so I was pretty much alone all the time in my own little world. I used to play in my garden a lot, but whenever I did, I wasn't alone. A black hooded figure would wait for me to approach it, and although I couldn't understand most people I understood this figure clearly. His voice was masculine in some ways but it sounded old and un-human. He would tell me things I shouldn't know, things I can't remember now. At the time when I used to see it I wrote a book of everything it said to me, because he told me to. My mum found it after a short while and was quite disturbed by the things I had written. She called in a childs psychiatrist to basically determine whether I had a mental problem and I needed medication, but the psychiatrist turned to my mother after speaking to me and told her that I had a gift. He said that should I choose to persue it, I would become more powerful and more connected to the spirit realm. My mother said that I was just a child, this whole idea was silly and she was asking for a medical opinion. She stopped me playing outside and I stopped seeing the hooded figure for a while. My mum burnt the book so to this day I can't fully remember the things it said to me. But I don't think this thing was my friend. Now I see shadows and fuzzy outlines of lots of people trying to get my attention. They try to touch me, they try to throw things, they try to block my paths but I am not afraid of them. I choose to ignore them because I am not ready for them. I sometimes think that maybe I should go in my garden and play just to see if it turns up, but I have a feeling I would regret it.
I think everyone has the ability to see things they shouldn't and obviously the ability is stronger in certain people and everyone has the right to seek answers and details about what they are seeing, but I think that it is better left alone. They are there. They cannot hurt you or make you do anything you don't want to do if you don't let them. They are no longer human, we are, and therefore we are stronger. It is fear of the un-known that makes you weak. But if you know they can't hurt you then I hope you can surpass this figure that tells you to do horrible things. I find if entities really try to bother me, command them to leave.
Hope I have helped 😊
sjdillon (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
my best advice for him would be to carry around a silver or gold cross around with you. I've found that silver works best for whatever keeps bothering me. If its a demon, specific metals will affect it, but prue metals work best. I've had a black hooded figure follow me, but he was a guardian, not a demon. In fact, he never hurt me, and protected me from the creatures that I saw/was haunted by. Whenver I saw my one, he was outside away from me, and he never followed me. Pure metals work best again, and if praying doesn't work, try another religeon?
Hiers_cassie (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
My fiancée is experiencing this same thing though it has never spoke to him... He has had many near death experience because he use to live a tough life revolving around gangs, drugs, guns, and booze. He has been sober now for five years and is trying to live his life for the better that includes taking care of me and our unborn child. Three years ago he was involved in a horrible wreck in which he died three times but was brought back each time by medics. After the wreck his experiences started with this figure... But within the last three months it has became worse. I fear for my fiancée, my best friend, my lover, and the father of my child. Could he have cheated death to many times?
KL (2 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
DARKNESS, rookdygin,

I see. I was just wondering if she needs to ask me something about the hooded figure. (^^,) Thanks for informing me. I will check from time to time if she posts some stuff here.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Nice work Rook, actually noticed the other day that she hadnt been on here lately. Cheers for that buddy! 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Darkness, KL,

Indigo was doing some 'over the road' driving and doesn't seem to get on as often as before... Just a belated 'heads up'.

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Glad I saw your post KL I haven't heard form Indigo for quite a while actually, hope everything is all good! 😕

Dan
KL (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
I still am Indigo... Why do you ask? Do you have any experience with the hooded figure?
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Are lduff and KL still members here? By chance? Anyone know?
musicgirl (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
have him recite psalm 93 a couple times a night out loud that should help... My mom had me recite that after I had an encounter with a demonic spirit in my sleep
musicgirl (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
this entity IS evil it is NOT by any means a guardian... It either is a demon or death... Some demons attatch themselves to people at an early age in thier life... My sister has a demon who has been following her since we were 5 years old... She is handicapped and psychic... I would seek help imediately especially if it told him to hurt himself or others no good spirit or guardian or entity would say something like that unless it was infact evil... I have been studying things like this and have had first hand experinces...
Inferno (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
If this isn't crossing anyline, I too live in Pennsylvania, I live in Monroe County, I won't go into anymore detail of town, but my two friends say they see the same hooded figure, which area of PA does this occur?
Blackrobedspiral1 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
Sounds very familiar. It's odd running into so many people who have dealt with this very same being!
sterhawk123 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
Was it a black cape? Did it have a slit down the middle? Sorry to bother you with this question but it's really important to me if I could get an answer.
Lduff (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Hey I have a question for you? The posting made on 09/25/2009 from KL hit it right on the nail. It's not death. It have nothing to do with death. It started showing up for me when I lost control with remote viewing.
Other entities sarted to harm me as I was viewing and when it comes around the partons (they don't like being call dead) that is no longer embodied don't come around. The most when I see it is when I'm low of stength and energy to control my gifts.
Sorry my question is about your boyfriend. Is he also gifted as a psychic or sensitive?
Sai_Chan (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Thegrinch17,
There are soul-collectors or can be called as ambassadors of afterlife. They manage the transit of ghosts affairs between real world and afterlife world. The black hooded cloak is just a uniform.
It got very near to you, there were some possibilities you can ponder. It happened that your mother's soul had to be collected. And on the day it collected your mother's soul, found you interesting and came back to see you.
Or the day it escorted your mother's soul from the afterlife world to pay a home visit, and it tried to get into your dream to deliver your mother's message. But you were too afraid to accept that.
KL (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Hi rachill7982,

I had the same experience as your boyfriend only that mine has been following me since birth. Although I am not exactly sure as to what these creatures are based on my experience, this hooded figure is not evil. I even owed my life to one (will post a story soon about this).

Let me try and guess what your boyfriend is experiencing.

1. Most of the time, he can see this thing standing and just staring at him.
2. It appears to him when he is alone.
3. He does not hear foot steps when it is moving.
4. If it does move, it can move really fast.
5. It tends to appear to protect him or warn him of an impending danger.
6. It appears to him when he is afraid or in deep sorrow.
7. He can initially see it off the corner of his eye. After that he can see it in full view.
8. When he is sleeping he can sense that something is watching him. (Even have experienced waking up seeing a hooded figure in his room)
9. Seeing the hooded figure in his dream. Usually the hooded figure has its hand pointing to a location.

Your boyfriend is not alone. There are a lot of us that are followed by hooded creatures.

I think this figure followed your boyfriend when he was walking alone to make sure he gets there in one piece.

He may have been afraid that night. This fear could come from sensing danger or another paranormal entity (possibly evil) in the vicinity. It all depends on how developed he is. The hooded figure just appeared to him to let him know that he is not alone.

Soon, you too will be able to sense it. A feeling of being watched followed by seeing something that looks a lot like your boyfriend. Don't be scared though. It's harmless and will not interact with you physically.

As for the question on "what should he do when he sees this spirit?"

What I normally is do I just tell it (in a calm manner) that I am okay. Or just acknowledge its presence. Usually it hangs around for a couple of seconds then vanishes.

There is no exact way on how to send them off. I have come to terms with mine years ago. Hopefully, your boyfriend can do the same.

Best Wishes,
KL
lightheartedmystic (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
I have such experiences with such a thing myself. The one I am dealing with is a parting gift from an Ex who was into necromancy and dark magics. If its the same one I know its a death avatar. Its connected to Anubis and so bibles won't do anything then maybe drive it off for an hour or two maybe a full night if you are lucky. Mine always seems tall to me inhumanly tall towering over me at a full 9 feet. Know as frightening as it is as long as you are not meddling with magic or Ouija boards you should be fine. They can cross into the physical realm enough to hurt you unless you give them the means
rachill7982 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Hey, to answer a few questions, yes he has seen since he was a child, apparently as long as he can remember. He usually sees it by himself but recently for the first time he saw it while I was with him, however I felt nothing. I took out the bible and started praying, but to no avail. My boyfriend grew up as a Catholic and has strong beliefs, however recently while he was distressed he has made remarks about there being no God. This led me to believe his faith is waivering, however I do not know if this reason to explain the figure, because as I have said, he's seen it for years. Thank you for all your information and help I really appreciate, any more information would be great!
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
I have dreamed of this same thing before! I'll explain:my mother died back in 1986 in her bed in the house we were living in at the time. A few days after she had passed on, I was sleeping in my room which was right next to the room she had died in and I had a horrible dream, the scariest dream I've ever had in my life! You know how it's usually hard to remember your dreams upon waking? Well, I've never forgotten this one, even after all these years!
Anyway, in the dream I could see myself laying in my bed asleep, and this very tall figure dressed in a pitch black hooded cloak was standing right next to my bed, apparently watching me sleep. I couldn't see the face but I assume that's what it was doing. All of a sudden, it started to bend over the bed, closer and closer to me and I woke up very quickly in a panic. I was terrified and struggled to turn on the lamp. There was nothing there but I swear this was no dream, that it was really happening! Shortly after the house was sold and I moved out.
I've never had another dream like this since and I'm thankful for that! The meaning behind the dream remains a mystery to this day. Could this have just been a bad dream brought on by the trauma of losing my mother? Could this have been the Grim Reaper we always hear about, coming to collect my soul? I guess I'll never know but the horrifying feeling I got from that dream still lingers on today and that happened almost 23 years ago! If anyone has ever had a dream like this, please let me know your thoughts on it! Thanks!
SMSkid72791 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
If you're doubting the fact that it's paranormal (which I am) it's probably a person, I mean, people do teriible things these days
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Well it sounds like this hooded figure wants something from your boyfriend. If the figure wanted to harm your boyfriend he would have done so already. The figure it seems wants your boyfriend for something. I think that the figure see's that your boyfriend could do something for him. I would be careful. Since the figure only spoke to him once & when he spoke he wanted your boyfriend to harm people. It doesn't sound good. My grandmother saw a hooded figure. I'm going to submit that story soon. But if anything else happens let me know. I want to help!
Fragmaster (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Eh sounds like from what you describe, "The reaper of souls" AKA: The Grim Reaper. But usually he only comes if someone is about to die or that person that he is stalking is about to die. Never heard of him trying to get someone to kill other people. I myself am a christian, try to go to a christian church if there is one near. Or get a cross. They say it repels vampires maybe it will work for demons too. Also carry a pocket bible or something with you just in case he comes back.
brneyedgrl1323 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
has your boyfriend seen this dark figure for a long time (since childhood) or is it a more recent develoment? Does he only see it, or is it a felt presence most of the time? Have you ever felt anything?
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
I would say this is some sort of evil entity, possibly a demon. Is your boyfriend religous, what happens if he goes to church? Is this hooded figure always there. The fact that the figure talked to him during a tough period in his life is distressing. If it was mental illness, this figure would talk all the time.

Not much is understood about posession, I would rec a book entitled 'Hostage to the Devi'. It's about 5 modern day exorcisms told from the point of view of an exorcist. In this book, Father Martin discusses each of the possessed. They all claim to have been stalked by a presence. The kicker is that, the presence doesn't just posess you, you have to somehow agree for it to be there.

What happens if your boyfriend uses Bible versus, or commands it in the name of Jesus Christ?

I'd be very cautious here
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
Hmmm 😕 It does seem that this is a evil ghost/demon but it does not to wither by the sound of praying. Perhaps your boyfriend needs to pray aloud or louder. Also maybe he might need a metal health check in case hes having hallucinations. If this figure tries to persuade him to hurt people around him seek spiritual help. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: