You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Now She's Showering, Now She's Not

Real Ghost Stories

Now She's Showering, Now She's Not

 

Just a few days ago, I was babysitting my 4-year-old cousin, Cameron. I looked on my aunt's list of things for me to do (she sometimes leaves me a list of what she wants me to do when I baby-sit) and the second to last thing to do was give Cameron a bath.

I filled up the bath just a fourth of the way and then my little cousin said "go-way!" because he doesn't like people watching him take a bath. (The bath didn't have a shower curtain; it had a glass sliding door instead.) So I shut the glass door and acted like I didn't see him.

The phone rang, so I quickly went to answer it. It was my Aunt checking to see if everything was fine. I said yes and then she told me she'd be back about an hour later (due to traffic). So I hung up and raced back to the bathroom (Because it wasn't smart of me to have left him in the water alone in the first place).

When I got back, I stopped in the doorway at what I saw. I saw a woman with dark hair in the bath too. I quickly tried to open the glass door. I yanked on the handle as hard as I could, and I got the door open. But as I was about to take my little cousin out, I saw that there was no longer a naked woman standing in the bath.

Even though I didn't see that lady, I still felt creeped out, so I grabbed my cousin and ended his bath early. I felt sorry for Cameron for ending his fun bath, but I also was worried about him being in the same shower as that woman who had instantly vanished. But at the same time, her presence didn't give me a yucky feeling.

Other hauntings by Vintage

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vintage, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vintage (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
And sorry I forgot to mention a part about Cameron in my article. You guys are right about him reacting. But here's what Cameron was doing: He was turned away from her and playing with his rubber-duckies.

Again sorry for forgetting put cameron's behavior on that part. And thanks for pointing that out so that I can clarify it 😊
Vintage (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
Hehe 😁 I love how you all say that I'm brave, but I can't even describe how much my heart freaked out when I saw that.

As for the house that they live in, they rebuilt it a year ago. But the previous owners did summon spirits. My Aunt told me that.

And yes, it is YUCK 4d
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
Was your cousin just sitting in the tub when you saw the woman?

Have you seen things in this house before? Or your aunt?
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
vintage,
All I want to say is "YUCK", but I can't because the minimal character count for posting is 60. Aloha - 4d ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
just an advise, don't leave your cousin along cause it might do something bad to him...
amy11 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
I think your the only one seeing that lady not your cousin. Maybe you should not have left him alone like you said you shouldn't.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
This is an amazing story. 😊 You are so brave. I would have freaked. I'm not sure if the ghost is good or bad so do a bit of research. ❤
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
I somehow think Cameron didn't see the showering lady. I don't believe that he could have seen something like that and never mentioned it to anyone; four-year-olds are generally pretty quick to notice anything out of the ordinary and will ask all manner of questions about it.

Vintage, you have the dubious distinction of having seen her. My only suggestion for you, now that the genie's out of the bottle (so to speak), is to try to casually engage your aunt in telling you about the house she lives in, if she knows anything about previous residents and that kind of thing.

You're braver than I am--I think I'd have totally freaked out!
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
Hey Vintage and thanks for the great story! Really liked it!

Whoa, you must've been damn scared when you saw that lady! Anybody would've been. Did you tell your aunt about this incident? Maybe this goes on in her house all the time. But when you saw that lady, there was no reaction of Cameron? He must've had some expression of scaredness on his face or something like that? Thanks and if you have any more encounters, please tell us!

Biemaster 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: