You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Get Up And Leave Now

Real Ghost Stories

Get Up And Leave Now

 

The following experience sounds a bit unreal but it is 100% real.

Last September I went back to my rented room near my campus a week early to prepare for the new semester. As graduate student we are expected to be fully prepared and well versed in our field of study. This particular night was humid as usual, my housemates were not around as they won't be back for another week. After a few hours of reading my eyes grew heavy and I decided to sleep early. It was around 10. 30 at night (I usually sleep around 1.00).

I dreamed an old lady in her 70s asking me to pack my bag and sleep over at my friend's place. I woke up around 11.30, checked my phone and felt a bit weird from that dream, but continued my sleep. Again, I dreamed of this old lady, she was getting impatient with me this time around. She kept speaking in Hokkien (a Chinese dialect) telling me to spend my night in my friend L's house. Again I was jolted from my sleep, why L? I shook my head and attempted to sleep again. This time, I dreamed of her again! She was furious, and started scolding me so fast in Hokkien that I had trouble understanding what she said. She looked like she wanted to slap me silly at one point.

I woke up again, getting really frustrated and decided to go toilet. At this point, I swear I heard that old woman's voice loud and clear, this time in Cantonese (another Chinese dialect I speak) saying, "Get up and leave the room now!" The voice was so loud next to my ear that it was impossible not to feel compelled to leave. There aren't any other Chinese students living next door, upstairs or even downstairs. So the next thing I do was pack my bag, called my friend L (thankfully she is a night owl). I told her my apartment's electricity was not running (can't tell her the truth, in case she laugh at my silliness). She reluctantly agreed to let me sleepover not before sarcastically calling me a princess. I drove over to her house and ended up sleeping on her couch.

The next morning my housemate Jenny who came back earlier than expected, called me up to tell that our apartment had been ransacked. The policeman that handle our case said that there had been a series of crime that involve breaking and entering girls' apartment/house and a few of the unlucky girls were raped and assaulted. He added that if any of us girls in the apartment that time, probably will be raped and assaulted as well. I left the apartment at around 2.30 in the morning, and it was believed that the culprits had broken into the apartment around 4 in the morning.

I was shaken at the thought of what would have happened to me if I did not leave the apartment that time.

Other hauntings by selkay

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, selkay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

salonisolo (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-03)
It is really amazing story! May be that old lady spirit protecting that house/apartment and warn very before the mishappening.
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-06)
Isandhu: Thanks for reading and Send my regards to your husband, I'm from Ipoh.
HarlowMortis (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Oh wow. Seems like the old lady in your dream was trying to warn you. Very lucky to have had that lady watching out for you.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
What part of Malaysia are you from? My husband is from Muar. I'm so glad you listened to the advice, wherever it came from.
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Thank you all for reading. I don't whether she's a grandmother or just a kind old lady that somehow attached to me. But what I know is, she's a good spirit.
Sam222: I can be a bit slow on the uptake,haha. I think she must be pretty annoyed by me.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Selkay, holy cow! If that was me I would have probably jumped out of my skin and ran, just ran until my legs were gone. I can't bear to think about what may have happened if you didn't listen, you know usually after someone doesn't listen for a third time bad things happen.
Thanks for sharing this experiance, that was quite a scare! 😊
MsTruNorth (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
So glad you left! Could this have been a grandmother on either your mother or father's side? Nice woman.:)
ladymoira (3 stories) (30 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-28)
Selkay
Not every unexplained/paranormal entity is bad. This just goes to show there is some good both in our physical world and the spiritual.
I'm glad you chose to listen and leave. She sounds like a mother figure lol with the whole "scolding and almost slapping"...you know how mums can be.
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-28)
Wow, thanks everyone for commenting. I'm really glad that I chose to leave that day. Couldn't be a resident spirit as the building was newly built and previously was a jungle. My spirit guide? To think that I have a grumpy spirit guide make me smile a little.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-27)
selkay,
Someone is obviously looking out for you! Such a narrow escape, and to think if you had chosen to ignore her warning - oh.my.gosh...
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-27)
Wow...great story...!
What a good spirit it was. Just amazed to read this.

Thanks to share!
krissy_moon (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-27)
OMG! *goosebumps* You had such a narrow escape! Thank God you listened to that spirit. If she spoke in a Chinese dialect that only you understood and is not commonly spoken in that area, maybe she is a spirit who is attached to you - a relative perhaps? This was a truly amazing incident 😊 ❤
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
FAR OUT! Wow you were sooooo sooo fortunate! Have you ever seen/heard from her again since this?
Thank goodness you weren't there!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Holy... Wow. Definitely think that was your guide, guardian angel, etc. Depending upon what your beliefs are. Thankfully you listened.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Omg! I'm so glad she kept bothering you until you left, and glad you actually left. Sometimes, it's wise to listen and run.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
That's an amazing story! I wonder if she was your relative or just a residential spirit. Either way I would give her a thanks! Again...amazing! Thanks for telling!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: