You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Melanie

Real Ghost Stories

Melanie

 

As some of you may know I have recently been in a very dark place quite recently. This is because of many reasons, which I would still rather not talk about; the main reason was the death of my best friend Melanie.

We spent almost every moment together, mostly just relaxing and talking to each other about various topics sometimes serious sometimes absolutely random.

One night we were strolling around our town, we were crossing the road outside our local petrol station when a large black SUV came speeding down the hill and hit Melanie, sending her toppling over the car and landing on the hard concrete road with a sickening thud. The rest of the night was a blur I remember riding in the back of the ambulance with her to the hospital, in too much shock to even cry. I spent every moment I could at her bedside; she was drifting in and out of consciousness constantly. One night I remember her saying "I love you Harry, you are my world. I could never live without you."

That night she went into a coma, which she stayed in for three weeks. I spent all of my time simply waiting at her bedside grasping her hand, waiting for her to awake. I can still remember the heart wrenching beep of the life support machine as her heart rate dropped to zero.

The next month I spent feeling completely numb from the emotional pain I had felt. I was basically a walking corpse fighting to simply make it through the day, until one night I was sitting at home listening to music in my room as I had done since Melanie had passed away when I felt a hand close around my own. I turned my head and there she was sitting on my bed with a rose in her hand. She leant over and whispered, "Don't worry hun, I'm happy where I am, and I'll always be watching over you." in my ear.

She then kissed me on my cheek and drifted out of the room.

I fell straight asleep after that incident and awoke thinking it was just a dream, until I spotted the rose laying on my bed and a single tear rolled down my face for the first time in weeks, I knew that I would be able to cope from there on.

I suppose being sensitive to the supernatural can have its plus sides too.

Any comments welcome.

Other hauntings by chunkygut1

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chunkygut1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
I am so sorry for your loss. This is such a beautiful story and it's so lovely that she came and visited you to tell you everything will be okay.
It really shows how close you two were, and still are 😊
Take care.

C
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
I thank you all again for the kind words that you have expressed towards me, I am eternally thankful.
I will remember melanie as the fun loving eccentric that she was, rather than simply a broken body in a hospital bed.

Thank you all again
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
I think I just cried O-O
Being right there when she died must have been hard...
I'm sorry for your loss;=;
Great story;=;
levi (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
What a very sad story. I'm sorry for you loss hun. I am glad you got the rose at the end though. ❤
amkoreann (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
man, taht must have sucked, still live knowing your friend is in a better place.

God Bless.
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
Sorry to hear about the death of your friend, Melanie. My condolences to you. At least you know that she's happy where she is so you don't have to worry about her. ❤
reggie-roo (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
WOW what a story ❤ very sorry about Melanie's accident. I don't think I could imagine the pain you went through

R.I.P
❤ X MELANIE X ❤
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
A lovely heartwarming story. 😁
I had a similar experience shortly after my Grandma died but unlike yours, she came to me in a dream. But just like Melanie she told me she was ok and happy where she was, then she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and turned and left. I woke up with tears streaming down my face...
I hope you are recovering from being in a dark place, atleast you know shes ok. ❤
Hanbobs x
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
I am sorry to hear of your friends death but now she has come and said good bye and has told you she's okay. As I was reading this story I was listening the 'The Long And Winding Road'. Your story gives me faith in god. Thank you for sharing it. I hope you can cope. ❤
reina (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
I was so touched by your story. It has put both a tear in my eye and a smile on my face.

You are so blessed you had the chance of having that experience - her telling you not to worry about her and be saddened about losing her. She is right after all, she is happy wherever she is right now.
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
Thank you all for your extremely kind words. They mean a lot to me and help me get through the pain. ❤
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
I am extremely sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you were going through.
I think it's amazing that she let you know she was happy. Anyone would have thought the visit was a dream if it weren't for the rose. You almost had me in tears.
I would love to know of any more visits from your friend.
I wish you the best of luck.

God Bless.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
I'm so sorry for what happened to Melanie. I know how hard it is, I had three close friends die after being in a coma for two weeks and it was tough. It's heartwarming to know that she came to say goodbye to you. Know that you did all that you could, sitting and holding her hand, being there as much as possible, she's probably very thankful to have had such a great friend. Thank you for sharing the story with us.

-Hope
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
That is one of the most saddest stories I've ever heard or read in my life, chunkygut1! I feel really sorry for you and the loss of Melanie. If that rose hadn't been there on your bed, then anyone could've easily thought it was a dream. Best of luck and hold in there, everything will be alright!

Biemaster 😁
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
I'm very sorry you had to experience the loss of your friend. I can't even imagine what you went through. Your friend was grateful that you sat with her and held her hand after the accident. I think it's wonderful that she came to let you know that she is happy and told you not to worry. You will never get over the pain of losing her, but it will get easier in time. I wish you the best. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: