You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Poking From Under The Pillow

Real Ghost Stories

Poking From Under The Pillow

 

This is my first submission. I hope you enjoy it!

This is something that happened to me when I was a small child but something that I remember quite clearly and do not easily accepts to be a concept of my over-active imagination.

I was spending the night at my grandparents' house. It was one of those nights that turned out to be a restless night that I'm sure we all have had at a very young age. After I had been put to bed and all my lights were turned off I tried to drift off to sleep. Something else decided to keep me awake on this particular night...

The night had gotten very late and both of my grandparents were asleep. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get myself to fall asleep. So, after about two hours of rolling around in bed trying to get comfortable, I just gave up and stopped moving. After lying still for a bit, something odd happened.

I had my head on my pillow, and I felt something prodding up against the back of my head from under the pillow. Of course I was a little bit freaked out but I assumed it was nothing (not sure why) and moved my head around a bit. Once I had settled back down I felt the same prodding coming from under the pillow, except it was constant this time. At this point I finally got a little scared and was about to pull my pillow off the bed to see what was causing the poking and prodding. However, before I could move, the prodding stopped. I sat still for about a minute with wide eyes, staring around my room as I now felt like I was not alone. Suddenly I heard a small, impish cackle. It lasted only a few seconds. Maybe it lasted longer... I can't really be sure, because after a few seconds of hearing the little laugh I finally fell asleep.

Weird, huh? The next morning I told my grandparents what had happened. Of course they didn't believe me. Why would they? Maybe it was my imagination... But I just remember it all too vividly. To this day I've only had one more experience at my grandparents' house but it doesn't seem very note-worthy to me. Who knows? I may post it sometime.

Leave me some comments and let me know what you think. More posts coming from me soon.

~MvM

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EpiphoneMariachi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilachopp (1 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-11)
I had the exact same thing happen to me last night. I was in bed (it was around 11:30) and I'm having a restless night. I felt VERY hot and it was weird because I live in Minnesota were it is currently 10°F. I finally found a position to sleep in that was comfortable. When I say laying down I felt pushing underneath my pillow. My bed it right next to the wall, so I know there wasn't anything behind it. I should mention that before I heard crunching from the snow around my window at 11:10 (about) and when I checked there were long footprints leading to my mailbox. We are assuming it was a bear. I hope. But anyway after a bit (2 minutes) of feeling the pushing. I sat up and was on my phone for a bit. I layed back down and the feeling was... Gone! But it was paranoia that got me next. This part is normal. When shaped form together and make faces and stuff. But if anyone has a theory to what this is please message me on Instagram ( [at] lilachopp) thank you!
SmokeyTheTruthSeeker (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-15)
I have had similar encounters for YEARS now. Almost always it's poking at my head from under my pillow, but the past couple years I can feel small animals walking around my bed (when I look my cats are NOT even in my room). I figure the walking is my deceased cat or dog (was small - under 15 lbs).

Usually when I encounter spirits or entities in my home I know immediately who it is. The feeling that the walking on my bed is one of my deceased pets I believe is true. The poking though - can and has freaked me out!

I've never heard any voices or laughing of any kind, but the poking is undeniable. It's not muscle spasms and it's very real.

20+ years ago I worked with a man who was labeled as "weird". He would draw these gnome, fairy like little people and told us at work that he had tiny people living in his apartment and he would see them at night. He was very serious about it and even though people laughed at him (not me ever), he never changed his story. He said they lived in the walls and came and went through little holes in the walls like you would think of a mouse hole. I was always fascinated with his tales of his little people and that is what I picture in my mind when I feel the poking - little gnome like people.

It would be great to find more information on this. There is nothing on the internet about this kind of experience and was so excited to find this thread! Even though it's 8+ years old, just knowing someone else has experienced this is comforting...
ahh (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
maybe it was just your head hurtinq because of so much time beinq there. That happens to me. I would feel pokinq&&ticklinq on my head and wouldn't have my hands under the pillow. So I would just turn a different way and it would stop. I don't know, just my opinion (: and about the sound of lauqhter, it's probably nothinq. I hear weird sounds too. But then aqain, you never know.well, keep postinq! 😊
bbb (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
I am posting here because I am experiencing a situation similiar to but different from yours. Recently, I would say no longer than the past two weeks, I have experienced a sensation that feels exactly like someone is poking or pressing "down" on the pillow under my head. It is like, if my head was not there, and I was poking down on the pillow, that is what it feels like. I am wide awake when it happens. I am aware of it. I am looking for a logical (non-super natural) explanation for it. Logically I want to attribute it to some kind of muscle spasms that make me mistake the spasms for this sensation, but I don't know. I want to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this. It has me curious.
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
That used to happen to me too but I thought it was just my imagination I had my hands under my pillow too and I would get scared thinking I would feel it
thering2 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
I have had that kind of thing happen but it was under my back and not under my pillow and there was no laughing. I think that something just wanted to play. I would like to hear the other story just out of cuirosity too like -_Syeetaque_-
😊
EpiphoneMariachi (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
-_Syeetaque_-: Nope, no experiences since 2007. However, I do have other stories about that year that I'll be posting soon.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Have you experienced any other occurences lately?
I would like to know...
Just curious, you know...
EpiphoneMariachi (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Maybe it did just want to play. But I had a bed time when I was that age, dangit! <_<
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Yeowch! That was eerie...
Hope I'm not going to expereince the same thing... I had a sleep paralysis though...
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Whoa it seems that it was a sort of ghost that wanted just to tease you and play. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: