You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma's Still Here

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma's Still Here

 

The year was 2005; I remember lying on my bed listening to my CD player when I smelt a scent. The scent was very familiar. It was the perfume my grandmother wore on my mom's side of the family.

She loved that perfume and she wore it everywhere she went. She died when I was only six years old. I was very close to my grandma and being without her for the past almost nine years is killing me inside.

All of her grandchildren called her naw-naw. Her real name was Sharon Evans. We never could forget the smell of that perfume it was one of a kind.

As I was lying down I smelt her scent! I rolled over, looked around my room, got out of my bed and told my mom... She came in to smell, and to our surprise my grandma was right there clear as day, lying on my bed smiling. I'll be honest I was scared and now that I think about it I was just so thankful to have seen my grandma for that last time.

I feel very blessed to have been seeing her, because some people don't get another chance to see loved ones who have passed on in the after life. I feel very happy because I know that my grandma is with us even though we think she's very far, she's really not that far away from us after all.

The one thing that made it all the more special was that my mom was right there by my side. I also will never forget the look on my mothers face. It was a look that spoke words without a voice. You could see it clearly on her face. The look that spoke to her mother that said, I LOVE YOU..., which means a lot.

There is not one day that goes by that I don't wonder if my grandma is there. I don't even have to wonder if she is there with me though, she showed my mother and me that she is there with us even when we are not expecting it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Taylor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
Wow. Thats wonderful that she came to see you. It is always lovely to have stories like this. ❤
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Wow, cool story! You two are very fortunate to have seen her. You know she loves you and is watching over you and your family.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
You are truly blessed to be able to see your loved ones another time. 😁
I can't really tell you that I know what you are going through, seeing as I haven't had somebody close to me pass away. I'm glad you feel better when you know she is near though. I'm sure she's watching down on you and keeping you safe. 😊
I'd love my Mum to be able to see her parents one last time, just to tell them how much she loves them. I would love to see that look on her face, the same one your own Mum showed. 😐

God Bless.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Very nice!, and yes, you both were blessed to see your loved one one more time 😁
God bless,
Claudia
viveksengupta5300 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
it seems that true love always find its way whether in this world or the other. Take care... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: