You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Doctor

Real Ghost Stories

The Doctor

 

My family, girlfriend at the time and myself were on a week-long trip to Tasmania. We were mainly staying in Hobart but were traveling around a bit. We visited Port Arthur a couple of times in that trip but surprisingly enough that is not where our experience took place.

On our last day in Tasmania we stopped off at a small historic village called Richmond. We noticed a small house that looked quite old and decided to have a look around as it was open for visitors. As we had just come from Port Arthur I jokingly asked the lady there if there were any ghosts floating around. She assured us that there was nothing as exciting as what we might find in Port Arthur.

We had a look around the place and naturally asked about its history. We were told that it belonged to a doctor who practiced out of his house. Apparently he was a really good doctor but he packed up for some reason not known to the guide.

That night we arrived back in Melbourne and were all very tired. We dropped my girlfriend off and headed home, planning to get to sleep as soon as possible.

That night I had so much trouble sleeping. I felt like I was dreaming but I knew that I was awake. My thoughts were racing, but the thoughts didn't feel like mine. It was like I was remembering something that didn't happen to me.

I remembered the only doctor in town. That doctor was highly regarded. Suddenly his daughter was sick and he wasn't able to help. He did everything he could make her better, but she didn't. This doctor had 3 or 4 children and he began to neglect the others to focus all of his attention on the one that needed him most.

Unfortunately, she passed away, and he couldn't bare it. His family life began to break down and eventually he himself broke down. After a while his family decided to move out and he stopped practicing.

I eventually got to sleep, but even then these thoughts kept on coming back to me. When I woke up in the morning I told my Mum that I had so much trouble sleeping and that I kept on having these strange thoughts.

Mum had the same thing happen to her all night. With the exact same thoughts or dreams. When my other family members were asked how they had slept they said there were no disruptions.

Later that day Mum was doing some house work and swears that she saw a man standing in the hallway when she knew there was nobody else home. She told the man that he needed to move on and there was no reason to remain here. Since that day that spirit has not returned.

We brought a doctor back home with us.

The house is known as Oak Lodge and can be found at this address:

http://www.richmondvillage.com.au/

Cheers!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, peterpeter197, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ruby_Rose90 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
I live in Tas, Ill have to look out for this house, never had time enough to stop properly yet:P
peterpeter197 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
I suppose you didn't happen to stop off at the same house? Nice little place isn't it?
Nothing (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
That's really interesting and it's so weird but cool that your mum had the same thoughts. I've been to Richmond by the way:)
peterpeter197 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
I was pretty amazed by it. Never had an experience like that before.
Guess it kind of proves to the people experiencing it that these things are real.

I'm very happy that he moved on. He was meant to be with his family, not hiding away from them... And for so long too.
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
wow! It's amazing how two people can experience the same thing and not even realize it until later.
It's good that he was able to move on, though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: