You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Doctor Office Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Doctor Office Ghosts

 

I work in a pediatric doctor office and we have several paintings on our walls from sick kids from the children's hospital we are associated with. Quite a few of us here have had several experiences. Some of my coworkers have had little cards go flying off of the counters with no wind around or AC to blow them off. Sometimes the bell for our doors will chime when I am the only one here or whenever one of the docs is here alone. We will usually say something like, "Hello, who's there?" only to get no reply because we are alone in the clinic.

I have had a few experiences. Often, I will feel watched here. It is a strange feeling when you are alone and you walk out the bathroom you SWEAR you locked only to find it unlocked and like you are walking into a fishbowl or something being examined or watched... As soon as this happened I grabbed all of my stuff and started walking out of the front door. I heard one of the exam doors slam closed as I was leaving. I did not go and investigate.

Recently, my coworker approached me and told me that a painting fell off the wall. I went over there and fixed it. There are a lot of these paintings from sick kids on our walls. So we go behind the desk and then boom something falls off the wall. She was too scared to go out there, so I did. And the painting right next to it was on the ground. It was never touched or moved in any way at all.

I don't know much about this building other than it has been here for quite some time. It was an OBGYN before it was a pedi office about 8-9 years ago. Before that, I am not sure. It is definitely not the newest office.

If anyone has any idea what kind of ghost this could be I am open to any suggestions! My manager thinks it is related to the paintings and that maybe one of them belonged to a child who passed away. Just her theory. A previous employee swore up and down she could see a little boy in here. I know that one of my coworkers came in early because she was expecting a friend to come so she could complete their blood work that morning. She kept hearing the door jiggle like someone is pulling on it. There is a silver bar in the front of the door to push and pull the door open and closed. She went up to the front 3 times and no one was there. Another time, same coworker came early, was the only one here, heard a loud crash and stayed in her office until someone else got there. When she went to see what was broken if anything... NOTHING was out of place. CREEPY! Thanks everyone.

Other hauntings by funnybee450

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, funnybee450, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

funnybee450 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-01-15)
Thank you all for reading this! I am not sure how my coworkers would feel about doing a blessing but maybe that would help the spirit cross over. To answer Zaruje's question about the paintings on the wall, those were given to us from the hospital we are associated with... So they were painted probably as a fun activity for the sick kids. They have been here since before I worked here so who knows if something is attached to one of the paintings? Maybe they were saying their artwork was upside down? I'm not sure, they are on those canvas boards you can get at the Hobby Lobby shops. Some have their names and dates. The ones that flew off the wall are smaller and one was of an apple tree. It does not have a name or date on it. I think it was upside down. I fixed it and put it upright and it has not flown off again.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-15)
I have little to back this up but my gut feeling is that you are right about who the ghost is - one of the little artists who passed away - for whatever reason, I really do think you have hit the nail on the head. The way I see it, the child passed away and is trying to get the attention of the adults in the office for help - I would assume he's scared and probably lonely. Too bad the coworker that could see him is no longer there. The little fellow probably needs to cross over - perhaps you and your coworkers could help him with that.
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-15)
Thank you for sharing your story, funnybee. I hope the spirits wouldn't bother you too much.

Regards.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-14)
Zaruje - I think the OP means that they have several samples of art painted by kids during their stay at the hospital, perhaps like some sort of occupational therapy.

Funnybee - since everyone seems to agree that the disturbances have a paranormal origin, I imagine that your coworkers wouldn't have a problem if you suggest the need to perform a blessing or a cleansing of the premises according to your personal beliefs.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-14)
Hi Funnybee450!

Maybe it was some kind of poltergeist playing tricks at you and your coworker. Just a question tho, why hung pictures of sick kids at your clinic? I don't think it's normal for a clinic to do that, or is it? Anyways thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: