You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: An Extra Guest In The House

Real Ghost Stories

An Extra Guest In The House

 

I was a small child, about 3 or 4 years old, living with my parents, older brother and our German Sheppard in a small town in Southwest Pennsylvania. The house we were living in was owned by my Uncle Pat (my mom's brother) who bought it as an investment. It was a simple 2 storey house on the main road in town. Since PA is full of mountains, houses were built coming out of the mountain. Our particular house was built a little odd.

On the main floor (bottom floor) was the kitchen with a door to go outside, living room, dinning room and laundry room, stairs that led from the kitchen to the 2nd floor stopping just outside my parent's bedroom. You had to make a sharp right turn to enter the other 2 bedrooms that my brother and I occupied. Technically in any other house, the 'bottom' floor would be where the front door was. However, in this house, the front door was actually in my parent's bedroom and always kept double locked. We never used the front door, though it was at street level, we would walk the steps down to the back door which entered the kitchen.

One afternoon while my brother was in school and my dad was at work, my mom and I were down in the living room playing. I had gone upstairs to get a toy (or something) and when I reached the top of the stairs, I saw a figure sitting at the foot of my parent's bed. He was in the shape of a man, but did not LOOK like a man. He was red, had horns and was VERY scary looking. I, of course scared beyond belief, ran downstairs screaming and told my mom; "mommy! There's a man on your bed!" Of course she went to look, thinking someone came in the front door, but the door was still locked. She thought, as most parents would, that my mind was just playing tricks on me and brushed it off.

However, a few nights later as my parents retired to their bedroom for the night, they too saw the same thing I did. Our German Sheppard was growling like he was ready for a fight. Now my parents knew I was telling the truth, though they didn't know what to do about it. Before they were able to find a solution, it appeared again a few nights later. As my mom would describe it still to this day, it was a demon emitting evil so powerful it took her breath away. Thankfully, when I saw it, I didn't feel that though I knew it wasn't good. Before the week was over, they had contacted an old family friend that had been a Preacher for many years, though by this time he was retired, that came and cleansed the house. After that, I don't recall seeing anything else in the house, but we did move out a year later.

The new house had some things happen, but I'll save that for another post.

Hope you enjoyed my experience.

Other hauntings by jennie1042

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jennie1042, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
sorry to indrude on the comments late AGAIN but if I was in my house and my son told me hevaaw someone in my room the first thing I would do would be grab a hammer... Bur back to the animals sadly my cat went missing about 3 to 4 weeks ago now I seen her last week and when I called for her she just ran away from me, wouldn't even stay still to let me pet her she just ran... But when I first got her she always came back to my house (I think someone else was feeding her human food 😢 my kids were sad... But makes me wonder why she had such a quick change of heart.
jennie1042 (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-11)
Oh we still get unwelcomed guests though now we live not only in a different house but a whole different state as well! As soon as we're able to post more stories I'll submit more:)
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
jennie1042--Demonic or evil forces are the shapeshifters, and they appear to the visual vocabulary of their targets. I'd conjecture yours was an old-time religion that set that image and didn't change much. It says a lot of good about your preacher that he successfully purified your house, at least for the year you lived in it. Seriously hope you and your family are no longer getting such an unwelcome guest.
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
I agree with childofthlotus. Full fledged demons we never human so they cannot enter our human realm like ghosts and such. He must have had a really big purpose for you all, being able to cross over from hell that many times. Good going with the cleansing. I did my house with sage and the bad energy we were experiencing went away. But your problem was way beyond sage cleansing.
Good Luck
Blessed Be
Zukismom
W0AHxSMiLE (6 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
This is a cool story to publish, thanks for sharing, I love scary part about "looking red, and with horns".
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
Odds are this being was related to either the area where the house was built or something to do with past inhabitants.

This figure, the way you described it had to have been demonic in nature. I am glad no harm came to your family.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!
God Bless!
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
aww man I would have been scared sh**less. I have experienced some things in my day but nothing like that. Hope everything is well with you and your family. One bit of advice though. You should always cleanse your home when you first move in. Its what I was taught when I was younger and I still do it to this day. Take care
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
You probably did catch him before anything happened. Demonic people don't enter a home without at least an idea of what they want to do. It's good you and your family chose to do something rather than ignore what was happening. Your ability to gather help probably stopped the entity before he finished plans.
jennie1042 (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
Now that I'm older and think back to the situation, I too find it odd that he never did anything else. Maybe we caught him in time before he progressed?
I'm just glad we moved from that house, it probably would have gotten worse if we'd stayed.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
Interesting story.
Sounds very much like one of the most classical types of demon. It's odd that it was in hour house and didn't do anything but sit on your parents' bed. Usually demons do not enter the human world (especially a human home) without a reason. Maybe he was studying your family, but and your dog freaked out because he sensed something that's not from around here.

After the house was cleansed, he probably had to leave. Luckily the demon hasn't come back. Very strange indeed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: